Skip to content

Ideas

64 results found

1. Let the users send photo responses to a poll.

For example, during an icebreaker poll have them send a photo of their pet

91 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It really is a great idea and I wish we could. Ultimately, we just do not want to open the can of worms that it would take to host/display live images sent from the audience. There’s just no telling what certain people may think is funny to submit as a picture. And, no censorship or moderation filter will ever be quite enough.

In the meantime, I would definitely recommend you use pictures and even gifs on polls. Either as the background image, answer choices for multiple choice, or our clickable image polls.

Please post if you have any other ideas or if we can help you with anything else though!

2. convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and conve

convert from one type of poll to another, e.g. multiple choice to competitions. We would like to do this by using an existing poll and converting from one type to another

42 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  8 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Segmentation reports

Up until recently ( last used Dec 2017) I was able to do poll by poll segmentation reports. I have been told by your support team that this is no longer supported as you have changed to only support a graded answer system. Unfortunately unless I am planning on running a pub quiz type setup this isn’t very helpful in a commercial/conference environment. Segmentation data, or demographics as we know it, can be a really important factor in using polling. Using the polls to breakdown where people are from, what kind of organisation they work for or what size of…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Expand 'Wait screen' across multiple slides to enable more event details to be shared

Having the option to make this a multi-tab or multi-slide holding page to enable Event planners to share more details of the event e.g. the venue, the dress code, the agenda. For a number of events, we work with an agency to produce a web-portal that enables delegates to register pre-event, and shares with them details of the venue, venue location and other key details about the event. If Poll Everywhere had a feature that enabled you to share more information on the Welcome page, (as well as a pre-event registration feature which I have suggested separately) it would eradicate…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Keep the Timer graphic visible always

When using "Hide Results" view.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Embed Into A Prezi Presentation

How do I embed INTO a prezi presentation? Life a wordle and other web 2.0 apps? I would like to embed other programs with data like google spreadsheets, graphs et al. into my presentations. I love youtube but there is much more embeding opportunties our there to make prezi a must us tool!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. PLEASE do not discontinue the important "segmentation" feature

It is awful news that you intend to discontinue the useful and important “segmentation” feature that allows to display results by groups and thus, to conduct team competitions:

https://www.polleverywhere.com/features/segmentation
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/case-studies/presentation-games
    https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/9587871355163-Important-changes-coming-to-visual-settings-of-an-activity

Why do you plan to discontinue such an important and useful feature at short notice and without even giving a reason?

The segmentation feature is what made me choose Polleverywhere over other competitors. If it is no longer available, I am forced to switch to another provider (Mentimeter is now offering the segmentation feature). I cannot continue my subscription beyond the current licensing period if you discontinue this vital…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RAFFLE (for collecting attendance data)

Students submit their name (and possibly major and email address as desired for data collection). Then a randomizer selects one entry as the raffle prize winner.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There’s a couple of ways to do this currently:

1. Create a Multiple choice activity, set it to require registered participants only, and after you collect responses, run the Participant response history report and export to Excel to choose a winner randomly.

2. If you don’t have a plan that supports registered participants, create an Open-ended activity asking for their names. After you collect responses, run the Participant response history report and export to Excel to choose a winner randomly.

10. Introduction & Conclusion Slides

It'd be great to have the ability to create introduction & conclusion slides to a poll.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Reset the participant count after a session is completed

We have several customers who use this and are always unsure of the number of participants to go with so for instance they may choose 700 dispute having 1000 – 1500 people in the audience because they know not everyone will participate but should close to 700 people start participating they may choose to upgrade.

If in a morning session 500 people participate and do not leave them if an additional 300 people join in the afternoon session the number of participants would be 800 although you could have anywhere from 300 – 800 people responding.

We need a way…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The participant count (the little red counter at the top of the My Polls page next to the Participant tab) only displays the number of current people who are actively in your session.

However, our count for the total number of responses allowed per poll question is currently the raw number of responses received for each question. For example, if you allowed each person to respond as many times as they like (we default to only 1 response per device) – they could respond 100s of times and max out your response total (that’s why our default is 1). So, you can use the total results counter as a good estimate for whether you may need to increase your plan level.

If anyone is curious of the number of individual/distinct participants the Executive Summary Report will display the number of distinct participants who responded to each poll question. You can…

12. Multiselect for Multiple Choice Questions

It would be nice to be able to allow a user to multi-select in response to a multiple choice question and then have the percentage results scale correctly. By this, I mean that if there is a question with possible responses A, B, and C and if a single user responds to the poll by selecting A and C, then A and C would have 100%, not 50 %, as with the current feature that allows a single user to supply more than one response. With a multi-select question, the percentages for all the responses do not necessarily sum to…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback. We’ve heard this a couple times, but unfortunately it’s actually a pretty significant effort for us to change how we calculate the live percentages on the charts. Everything we do is based around counting the individual results and not the results from a specific participant. It also adds a good bit of complexity for us to perform live, which could slow down the rendering of the chart.

For now, we plan to stick with our current method of tallying results.

13. Customizable instructions (verbiage, not just colors.)

Allow people to tweak the way instructions are communicated.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Free to anyone

You should make it free so you can get more people here.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we do need to continue to charge for our service. The only way we could make the product more free would be to turn it into selling people’s data and ad advertisements which is not the type of company we want to run.

That said, we do have a Free version of our product that will let you create as many questions as you like and receive up to 25 responses per question. It’s great for a smaller audiences

15. Click and Drag priority list

Please bring back the click and drag force ranking. Today you have to do arrow up and down per option. If i have have 8 things to prioritize I need the users to able to quickly move the order. The arrow up/down to get the right order is too time consuming for larger lists.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Consider changing the default font for WordCloud responses so that participants can use CamelCaps when typing their answers.

I asked my students to use CamelCaps with WordCloud questions so that they would know to run words together that are readable rather than posting words separated by spaces. They did this but the default font you use for WordCloud responses doesn't support capital letters which confused students and made me think that they didn't understand what I was asking for.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Replace "Log in " button on mobile device.

Replace "Log in " button on mobile device. Many voters get hung up on the log in especially if the polls do not require log in. Develop a question that can act as a log in (collecting the data and syncing it to future responses.. Similar to the demographic questions on Bing Pulse.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do offer Custom Design for the Poll Ev page so you can customize the web response page where we can remove the Log In button from your response page. It comes with most of our Enterprise and Institution-Wide Plans and can be purchased on an ad-hoc basis. Send us an email to Sales@PollEverywhere.com if you are interested

Otherwise, this feature is currently just so necessary for all of our customers which require registered participants that it’s not reasonable for us to remove the button entirely.

18. A new real-time voting system for the people—to reach our elected representatives when we need an immediate consensus with political topics.

I believe that the poll activity should be categorized into at least three groups within different domains. One for students and teachers, one for businesses and presenters, and also those who would like to vote on an international scale. So you have a public and private voting system. The private domain could have the individual’s name, but the public can permit the name of validated organizations, and also include the feature of searching for public polls to vote upon to network entire communities, organizations, and nations. This polling system has the potential to integrate a wider spectrum of audiences and…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The Third-Party Assurance for International Polling

Since, many are left uncertain of the trustworthiness and validity of government polling, this polling system would—hopefully, and soon—be secure and credible enough from breaches, or tampering.

The single-vote, identification system, with a brief description (or a list of general information of the authenticated voter)—could help; along with creating an open forum, and categories with sub-categories for public voting of self-prioritizing topics/subjects/concerns (based on quantitative value) that the people would like to address. There could be a top 10, 20, 30, list column on the side-panel, and maybe an option for a small chatroom with a user-appropriate language-filter integrated for…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Clapping

A clapometer

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ahh, yup I understand the desire. We tried this back in the day with our short lived Dial Test. It just really did not work out for us. It isn’t what we do.

If you are interested in some real-time and general feedback we recommend either an Open Ended Poll to get some comments and feedback or a Multiple Choice Poll with a few simple answer choices to see how the audience is doing.

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base