Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Option to show real-time poll results on audience devices after a web poll vote is placed

After a web poll link is used, show the voter the real time results and keep refreshing the page like a gamecast app/page does, so the voter can see the real-time results of the poll they just participated in.

60 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Customisable PollEv Page

I think it would be really useful if users could customise the look and feel of their pollev page. It's great to be able to customise the poll page for the presenter in order for it to be brand compliant with our company. I think it would make an even bigger impression on audiences if you could customise the pollev page to have the same or similar look and feel to what they are seeing on the presenter's screen. The tool that is used to customise the polls works well and should be applied to the pollev page so that…

41 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Auto toggle of "show/hide" with timer

I love the timer feature, how you can set a poll to automatically lock when the timer runs out. It would be GREAT to have the poll show/hide toggle also when the timer runs out, at the same time as the lock toggle. I use poll everywhere in my lectures and I want students to be able to answer a question without seeing the other students' answers. Then once the timer runs out the poll should lock and automatically show the results.

25 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Timed/scheduled activation of a poll

I'd like the ability to push a scheduled poll to my dedicated page
          without the question being visible until the poll actually starts.
          Currently the question is visible, the users just cannot submit a response
          yet until the start time has been reached.

22 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • I would like to leave the poll up for longer than 30 days without inactivity.

We use Poll Everywhere as our district wide text a tip line. As you know, if the poll is inactive for 30 days, the poll shuts off. Is there a way for you to set it so it stays on ALWAYS. we need the poll to never shut off. If I forget to check it at 30 days to make sure it's on, it will shut off, and we have instituted this to help with the health and safety of our student body.

17 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Multiple Correct Answers in a Poll (Only allow 1 response per poll choice)

Allow multiple correct answers in a poll, without allowing multiple votes for the same answer.

15 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have begun working on the feature. You can actually try it out right now to see a bit of how it works!

Go to Settings > Labs > and click the box for “Disable duplicate responses”
                You can also just go to this linK: https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs

You will then have a setting on your Multiple Choice Polls that will prevent your participants from submitting the same response multiple times when you allow multiple votes.

Note: currently, this beta feature only works for web responses from pollev.com. We are working on the SMS and Twitter aspects next.

Let us know what you think!

• be able to embed the "pushed" questions.

Each poll can be embedded with a script, however, we can't embed the live poll (except for iframe) that is being pushed by us onto our PollEv page.

It's nice to have the PollEv.com Page - but it's not always perfect. Maybe on paid plans you can add this feature: Embedable Push Script.

This is why we need it: We want to do LIVE video conferences. Underneath the video player, we want to embed our live poll. Whenever we "push" a question out - it will update under our player as well. This way the user will not have to…

14 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Display Answers to Multiple Questions

Allow the ability to poll for question 1, then poll for question 2, and then display the answers to questions 1 & 2 next to each other.

13 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you asking the same question twice as sort of a before/after comparison or are these two completely different questions you want to display?

I ask because we are beginning work on a before/after comparison display to show how your audience has change (or not) since the first time you asked them something.

If you are thinking of two separate questions, could you go into some more detail of what you are trying to display next to each other any why? It’ll really help us get a good idea of what we can do to help

• Sign in to polleverywhere with Google

Have you considered allowing sign-in with Google? Next year our school will not allow us to use sites the necessitate login if they don't have sign-in with Google. We are concerned about students being asked to have too many logins between 8 teachers.

12 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, it’s still planned for us to do but it’s been pushed back to make way for more team competition related features and an improved asynchronous polling method for quizzes and feedback outside of the class/presentation.

We have included a quick Recent Presentations list that will help students and participants switch between presentations faster. You can read a little about that here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-for-2016-updates-on-your-poll-everywhere-account/

We have also added a way to import all of your students with Blackboard and Canvas LMS. So, they can log in with their Blackboard or Canvas emails.

Google SSO is still planned but is not going to be tackled until at least this fall 2016

• SMS & push notification to local audience of a web poll link

partner with beacon or wifi or bluetooth technology provider to enable a push notification of the poll web links to a room full of attendees.

what technology did vw use to get the sms sent to all moviegoers here: http://www.cnet.com/news/movie-theater-stunned-by-volkswagens-dont-text-and-drive-ad/

would like the ability for a presenter to message out individual poll links like this, or have an API so that a 3rd party app can leverage its push notification capabilities to do so

9 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to because this is sooo cool! But, we have to try and remain real business people (at least for now). These GPS location notifications are not yet up to our standards of consistency and there are a number of concerns for our customers who will have multiple presentations/lectures going in neighboring room that we just cannot invest in it yet. We are always looking into it and hope to have this someday soon.

• Create a "MATRIX" poll

Please create a matrix poll: You ask a question, have several items for which the quesiton should be answered individually in separate rows, and then have a predefined set of possible answers, where the user is asked to respond in each row. It would be perfect if you can define, how many answers are allowed in each row. This matrix could be used for ratings (e.g. "rate these 5 presentations on scale 1 to 10" with 10 different answer options; "rate these 5 movies on a scale from "poor" - "okay" - "nice" - "great") or other questions like "how…

8 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Presenters would like to use the PollEv Mobile app remote function with the Mac Presenter

At the moment the remote functionality of the mobile app only works with the Windows Presenter. I have seen an uptick in requests to use the Mobile app remote with the PollEv Mac presenter. Posting this to gage interest of our users.

8 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

I remember when we released the Remote Control for our Windows PollEv Presenter that we looked into getting it working with Mac and there were some complications with how PowerPoint for Mac detects some of our poll settings. If there’s interest though, we can definitely look into the problem with fresh eyes and see what we can do

• Create a rating based poll

Allow the user to create a poll that is similar to the multiple choice question, but the user rates each answer 1-5 scale.

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Side-by-side pre/post results display

Ability to post side-by-side results on the same slide when the same question is asked pre and post activity. Conferences.io has this widget, it's very useful. This would allow the presenter to ask a pre-session question, then later on in the lecture ask the same question again, then click to a new slide that would immediately display the results side-by-side, not having to toggle back and forth between two slides, or manually create a comparison slide (which can't possibly be done in that instant).

8 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

This sort of live comparison report is something that we’ve been dreaming of making for a long time. It’s a little tricky for us to do with our current bar charts, so this would be a larger project for us. We’ve got a few things in the pipeline that are currently planned to come first.

May I ask, how would you like the pre/post results to be displayed? Would just a side-by-side bar graph work for you or do you have something else in mind?

• font size indication

it would be nice to have an indication of the font size when designing the poll appearance. Now I just have to guess and hope that I'm putting the slider in a consistent location. Doesn't even have to be true font sizes - just a relative number would help. Thanks

8 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • "Presenter View" support in PowerPoint

Is there any way to support presenter view in PowerPoint? I'd love to be able to see one slide ahead instead of just mirroring my presentation when I have my laptop plugged into the projector. Currently the polls display but not in the correct location on the slide...they will be off center or even overlayed on the presenter view screen instead of on the slideshow.
                                  Thanks!

8 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, this is tough. Presenter View is not specifically supported, however we do usually work with it. We do have a workaround setting that we can apply if you are using PowerPoint for Mac. If that’s the case, please contact us at support@polleverywhere.com and we can walk you through our “Force Monitor” feature.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a similar workaround for Windows. I opened a request with our Windows Slideware team to investigate if there’s something we could do as a workaround in the short-term. Otherwise, Microsoft does not have Presenter View available in the API (integration format) that we use. So, for us to fully with Presenter View we’ll need to do some reverse engineering to figure out what kind of math the Microsoft engineers are using here. Which is just tough for us.

I’ll see what the team thinks and try to get another update on…

• Integration with ProPresenter.

It would be great to have an add in for the program ProPresenter on MAC. Very useful and widely used presentation software. Same idea as powerpoint an keynote. Thank you for considering. I'd love to see this available in the near future if at all possible.

7 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Greg,

I believe the last few releases of ProPresenter have a web page viewer included. You can present your polls from the web there, the same way as if you were using our website to directly present your polls.

You can directly navigate to the poll chart, hover over the top right of the chart, and click “enable fullscreen” to start presentation mode.

We also support PowerPoint and Keynote integration with our Mac App.

Give ProPresenter a try and let us know how it works out

• Create a timer for surveys that limits the amount of time a participant has to respond.

I have heard this idea from a couple of educators and corporate trainers. Everyone is very excited about our new survey tools, and they would like to be able to use Surveys to make timed assessments. I think this would be a serious undertaking given how surveys work currently, but it would be cool!

6 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Ability to submit an image as a response to an open ended poll question.

Users would like the ability to respond to a poll with an image. I think this could be best accomplished on an open ended poll question. This could function similar to the response option fields when creating a multiple choice poll, giving the participant the ability to paste the URL of an image or upload an image from their device.

One big catch: This should not work with word cloud poll type.

5 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Ability to include a picture IN the question for ALL question types

Currently you can include pictures in the question for Multiple Choice questions. This is sometimes a useful feature in brainstorm and all other question types. Even clickable image (show a picture in the question, click on the most important difference you see on the second image). Or on brainstorming show a picture in the question and brainstorm the best description for the image and people can up/down vote.

5 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base