Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Can you make it so pictures, images, equations and LaTeX can be added into the question?

I see that I can add pictures in for the responses. But, there isn't a way that I see where I can and and pictures into the question. Is it possible to do this?

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

A while back you asked if it was possible to insert an image into a question. Well….
    We just created a new feature to add images to poll questions! On any Multiple Choice Poll you can add an image along with the question. This will be on the Instructions View. To add the image you can do the following:

1. Open your multiple choice poll

2. Click on the visual settings icon. This is the grey button that looks like a paintbrush

3. Click on the Instructions tab within Visual Settings

4. And, click on the blue Choose button to add an image. That’s it!

2. Integrate with Moodle

I want to be able to embed Poll Everywhere polls in Moodle

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Create an iPhone and Android app

It should be an easy feed from your website. An app would be much easier for students on mobile devices. Loging into your website on a mobile device isn't as smooth or userfriendly as an app.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Time Limit or Timer

For graded questions, it would be very helpful if we were able to set a time limit. A countdown could be displayed with the poll question. When the time elapses, the poll should stop automatically.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Integrate with BlackBoard

Integrate with the LMS Blackboard.

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello awesome educators! I have some good news. We’ve completed the updates necessary for you to import the list of students (class rosters) from Blackboard into Poll Everywhere! You might have already heard from our previous newsletter but we’re really excited about this new feature. We’re also working on better integrating other aspects of Blackboard and Poll Everywhere for the future!

Thank you for your support, loyalty, and patience!

Cheers,

Dani

6. Set up LTI integration with Sakai LMS

We have a number of faculty at Notre Dame who ask us each semester when Poll Everywhere will be integrated with Sakai. I'm sure other Sakai schools would have an interest in this integration as well (list of Sakai schools: https://sakaiproject.org/community).

I know you already have integrations with Blackboard and Canvas. If you created this integration for Canvas with LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability http://www.imsglobal.org/lti/), then creating one for Sakai would be very easy. We would be very interested in helping you to accomplish this integration with Sakai and would offer you the use of our Sakai test server…

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have multiple questions on my audience page. (Activate a Survey, or self-paced)

Survey view is great way to help cover a lot of questions at once but the link to the survey is generally not user friendly (not easy for the audience to input). I would love to use the feature more as it easier than making a poll live, shutting it down, and starting up a new one (especially during a live class).

1) Be able to activate a survey on a user’s main page. While we can activate a single poll and have it go straight to our main page (https://www.polleverywhere.com/USER), I am not sure we can do…

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re still getting feedback and making a few tweaks, but the new Activated Surveys is out! If you haven’t seen it yet, we have all the details on our blog here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/create-first-poll-everywhere-survey/

Just in time for back to school!

The basics:
    If you put all of your poll questions into a Group > you can then convert that group to a Survey. Then, select the Activate icon to the right side of the group and VOILA all of the poll questions will be displayed on your regular pollev.com/USER page.

8. A way for phrases to be kept together in the word cloud format

I would like to see a way for phrases (ie: peanut butter and jelly) to be kept together in a word cloud. In Wordle.net, for example, using the ~ does this. Perhaps using quotation marks or some other characters could accomplish this. That way, "apple butter" and "peanut butter" do not make the word 'butter' alone any larger.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow images

It;d be cool if you could have images within the polls - like, which image do you like most (multiple choice).

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Pie Charts

Instead of using bars can you use pie charts with percentages, percentage and count, or just could. Example: 4 votes blue, 6 red, 10 total or 40% or 4 Votes blue, 60% or 6 red (100% or 10 total). Pie is good. Bars get boring. Think Excel integration/coding perhaps?

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Integrate with Smartboard and or Prezi!

This would be an excellent program for smartboard integration! For example the Smartboard notebook.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently support Prezi integration.

Unfortunately, SMART does not allow the ability to embed an object that can access a web connection. So, embedded polls within SMART Notebook cannot populate and show update responses, as they cannot connect to our servers. We’re unable to change this behavior without SMART updating their software.

A workaround would be to insert a link to each poll and load them in a web browser.

Also, view Patrick’s response below for an alternate method.

12. import longer questions

it'd be nice to be able to import longer questions options allowing for punctuation within options and separate options by a special character (e.g. tab, pipe or semi-colon)

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make it so people can respond using A, B, C, D, etc.

I love using Poll Everywhere in the classroom so much that I paid the $50 out of my own pocket. My school just cannot afford a plan. It would be so nice if I could do Custom Keywords. Please, please, please, add this to individual teacher plans.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We’re excited to announce that this is finally graduating from our “labs” beta on Monday, and will be available free to all users. Watch for an email and blog post Monday!

14. Make organizing participants easier

I want to be able to organize my students in groups and teams

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Math Type for math teachers

Recently, I tried using your program to quiz my students on their knowledge of the math concepts in Algebra 2. It would be much better for the students and myself if the program incorporated options for some of the symbols used in math. An "equation editor" or "math type" feature would make this program AMAZING!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can we integrate this software with the Desire2Learn Learning Management System?

It would be nice to have a quick way to poll students in an online course created in the Desire2Learn Learning Management System software. Our University, Georgia Southern University currently uses this learning management system as the entire University System of Georgia (USG). USG includes 31 higher education institutions. http://www.usg.edu/inst/ Can the Poll Everywhere software be integrated into the Desire2Learn software?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  17. Different languages

It would be great if it could support Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, etc for the second language classroom.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ranking / rating polls

I want to be able to capture answers to 'ranking' questions like, "Identify your top three choices of colour for the new office" and then have people place a preference on the ones they like. E.g. a completed answer sheet would be:

Options Rank

A. Red [ 3 ]
    B. Blue [ ]
    C. Yellow [ 1 ]
    D. Green [ 2 ]
    E. Orange [ ]

The variables are:

• The number of options available
    • The rating 'direction' (1 is high or 1 is low)
    • The number of choices that must be made (minium)
    • The number of choices that can…
    20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. integrate with Infrastructure Canvas

Infrastructure Canvas is the new "blackboard" at all the Universities in Utah. It will be nice to have this function instead of their dumb quizes.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Upload photos/images

It would be a great tool to add images in order to have students text in responses.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base