Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. duplicating activity slides

I use clickable images and would like to be able to duplicate a polling slide (leaving same image on both) and change only the question. When i tried this, it looked like I was successful but then the duplicated slide reverted to the original question

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. NATIVE LTI INTEGRATION

Provide native Canvas LTI Integration as the Univerity of Florida will not provide a root level “Developer Key” (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10847-4214445806)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Survey responses

Are Surveys also limited to the "audience size" of the plan I am using? So for example, using the free plan, would my survey be limited to 25 responses?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  4. Change font size

Allow us to change the font size of the responses so people in the back of larger groups can see easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow formatting of font sizes in options for multiple choice questions when not displaying as graph

Currently there is no option to determine the font size of the text that is added as the answer for multiple choice questions. The options sometimes display as single line text (although not all the time, they seem to randomly change size) when not showing the graphic display. Since some of the options are rather wordy in my polls, they display at a tiny, barely readable font.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Completion count

I want to see how many people have voted on a specific slide. Currently I can see that 70% have chosen B and 30% have chosen C, but I don't know how many are done at this point on this slide (when do I move on?)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  7. Export from Blackboard Exam questions without retyping into polls.

Be able to export test questions from Blackboard without retyping them into poll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have multiple clickable image icon settings

I spoke with Sejal (vashi@hsph.harvard.edu) and she was using the clickable image (emotion one). She wanted to change up the icon (maybe to an arrow) on the clickabe image and change the color of the drop pin but there isn't a way. She would like to request these options be added to our clickable image

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just added the ability to change the colors of the Pins for our clickable image polls. Here’s how:

1. Open the clickable image poll you want to edit
    2. click the Visual Settings button on the top right of the poll display
    3. expand the menu titled “Clicks received”

You will then have the option to change the default pin color, the color for correct answers, and the color for incorrect answers.

Click ‘Save’ to apply the new colors.

9. Allow creation of a template on website as currently exists on plugin

Just as I can create a template when working on powerpoint, I'd like to have a template when creating polls on the site. Eg., it appears my polls are randomly assigned by the system to be anonymous vs. not. I'd like to set it so that all polls are anonymous, applied to existing polls and future polls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow multiple answers for multiple choice questions

Multiple answer questions (i.e. respondents can pick MORE THAN ONE answer from a multiple choice question)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. P.E. on Google Slides

Make polls live and usable on Google Slides

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. marking correct answer during a presentation

My students complete a poll for homework. However, as I am presenting a poll during class, I would like to be able to mark a multiple choice answer as correct WITHOUT having to go into edit mode. (Say, click on √ and then click on the correct answer?) At the current time, I either lose the dramatic effect of the live poll during class b/c students already know if their answer is correct or b/c I have to go into edit mode in the middle of the presentation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can mark the Toggle Correctness button while you remain in full screen presentation mode. The basics is that you would enable grading on the poll ahead of time. Then during the presentation if you hover your mouse over the right side of the screen the grey control buttons will appear. You can then click the Checkmark to show the correct answer.

We also have some keyboard shortcuts you can use while your presenting if you want to get really fancy. You can read about them here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/788328-keyboard-shortcuts-visual-chart

Hope this helps!

13. Edit survey

The edit screen needs adjusted. When editing a survey, you cannot see the 'correct' response. Overall very clunky.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Default Group & Survey Collapse

Allow collapse all groups and surveys by default and allow this setting to be locked. Great numbers of groups and surveys can require lots and lots of scrolling or clicking when this feature is not available.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a “Collapse all” feature on our My Polls page. If you click the checkmark toward the top of the page (just above the Ungrouped area) → you should see an option to Collapse all. That will collapse all of your groups and surveys. It will persist with one exception – the Ungrouped group will expand by default when you log in or refresh the page. This is something we do plan on addressing, but is actually a very difficult technical problem as that is our “root” group.

Will that work for you?

15. Figures in the question

Allow pictures/figures in the question text

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a couple of different ways to show pictures while displaying our chart. We have a new side-by-side image option that you can read about here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/instruction-image/

And, we’ll be adding some improvements to that very soon. Otherwise, for mathematical or scientific expressions you can use LaTeX https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

And, we also have full emoji support for our question titles

Hope this helps! And, thanks for the feedback

16. Feedback to Incorrect answers

Allow for polls to have comments and feed back messages. Like if someone selects Choice A for a question. Allow them to receive a message explaining why A is correct or incorrect directly to their device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this today! It’s part of our Custom Reply Message feature. This is a feature you can apply to any poll question. It will send a customizable message to your participants including whether they got the answer correct or not.

It does have a character limit of about 120 responses though. You can read more about how to set it up here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

17. Posting images as a question, not a clickable image.

Let us post a photo in place of typing a question! I have many quizzes that I have as PDFs that I have to retype, whereas when I used iclickers or SMART clickers I could just upload the screenshot of the question, and then type in the answer choices. It would make my life MUCH easier when I have questions that include scientific symbols and equations!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Share polls between accounts

Allow people to share polls. As a teacher at a school that has 16 people in my department that teach the same book. If we could share a poll from one account to anther, it would help with preparation times. Possibly allow a download number for a poll or something like that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

There are two ways to do this right now. The first, and ideal for us, is that any school-wide, department-wide, or university-wide plans with multiple users on the same account may quickly and easily share polls with each other. There’s an option under the Edit Multiple button to move polls from one user on an account to another. You can read about this in more detail here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160770-moving-multiple-polls-between-groups-or-users

Otherwise, you can share individual polls with each other by sending the URL for the poll question itself.

1. Copy the URLs of the polls you’d like to share onto a list. (Copy the address while it’s in live chart view, not instructional or survey view.)

2. Give them the list of URLs.

3. Have them log into her own Poll Everywhere account.

4. Have them enter the URL for the first poll, and then add this: /copy to the end of…

19. Question Bank

bank of standard questions for teachers who may be new users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Don't over-complicate it

I've been using Poll Everywhere for several years and it remains my all time favourite edtech tool. It's strength for me has been its simplicity and ease-of-use. While I always welcome improvements to the interface I am slightly wary of feature creep. So my request is for simplicity. Please don't spoil what you have by expanding the functionality to meet all users' requirements. Matt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Matt! I promise our design and engineering teams do their best to keep things as simple as possible. At the very least, keeping the initial and critical workflows as simple as possible. We’ll have some small tweaks to the main My Polls page which I think will also help simplify some of the UI as well.

Let us know if there’s ever anything you see that starts to be more confusing than helpful

← Previous 1 3 4 5 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base