Educators' Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Is it possible to format questions and answers in polls?

I use the polls for teaching high school chemistry and I need access to subscript and superscript for writing out formulas. Would it be difficult to format these?

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Select multiple choices in a poll

Can I do multi-choice polls where people can vote on more than one option?

e.g.

Do you like

fish
      meat
      vegetables
      fruit
      dairy

I'd like people to be able to vote on more than one option. It might be I just don't know my way round polleverywhere yet, but that'd be useful for some of the tech presentations (e.g. which technologies do you have deployed)

4 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have a setting in our “Features lab” which will let you restrict your audience to only select each option once. It isn’t set up for Text Message responses, but is otherwise all set to go. Here’s how it works:
        1. Go to https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs
        2. click Enable for the “Disable duplicate responses” feature and click “Apply lab settings”
        3. navigate back to your multiple choice poll, click the Response Setting menu on the right side of the poll
        4. then click the checkbox for Disable duplicate responses

Now, when you present that poll > we will disable (grey out) each response that the audience sends in.

• Time Limit or Timer

For graded questions, it would be very helpful if we were able to set a time limit. A countdown could be displayed with the poll question. When the time elapses, the poll should stop automatically.

92 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • more language support (in the interface)

I would like for all the onscreen instructions to appear in Spanish. I teach in an immersion program in which students cannot see or hear any English, and there appears to be no way to change the language in the settings so that all the text in the polls changes to something other than English. I'm referring to instructions like "Text a CODE to XXXXX", "Submit reponses at http:...", Total results", etc. All of the interface language should be viewable in the same language as my original text in the poll.

15 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can now change the language support for the instructions on our chart visualization. Here’s how:

1. go to Settings by clicking the top right of the page
            2. select the Poll Settings tab
            3. choose which language under “What language should my instructions be in?”
            4. click Save

That will update the instructions for all of your existing polls and all newly created polls. You can always change the language in the future as well. If you have any feedback on our translations, just shoot us an email and we’ll see what we can do to make them better!

• international language support

Hi there,

Our teachers love using Poll everywhere but not all of them are bilingual.. Any plans to have it in different languages? We will be happy to help with Turkish and French translation / localization.

Many thanks,
            Metin Ferhatoglu
            Director of Technology
            American Robert College

2 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Export from Blackboard Exam questions without retyping into polls.

Be able to export test questions from Blackboard without retyping them into poll.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Question Bank

bank of standard questions for teachers who may be new users.

1 vote
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Don't over-complicate it

I've been using Poll Everywhere for several years and it remains my all time favourite edtech tool. It's strength for me has been its simplicity and ease-of-use. While I always welcome improvements to the interface I am slightly wary of feature creep. So my request is for simplicity. Please don't spoil what you have by expanding the functionality to meet all users' requirements. Matt.

2 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks Matt! I promise our design and engineering teams do their best to keep things as simple as possible. At the very least, keeping the initial and critical workflows as simple as possible. We’ll have some small tweaks to the main My Polls page which I think will also help simplify some of the UI as well.

Let us know if there’s ever anything you see that starts to be more confusing than helpful

• Clear poll results from PPT slideshow

Please add the ability to clear the poll results from the PowerPoint presentation... and the ability to cut off the responses. For example, a button to click when Q&A time is over so that people can't keep texting in responses.

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Business  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey Jane – we already have both of these! Hover your mouse over the right hand side of the PowerPoint slide and you can lock the poll to stop new responses from coming in, and even clear the results. It works exactly the same as it does on the website with the icons that you can click. Let me know if you have questions and I can send you a screenshot.

Best,
                      Meg

• Powerpoint templates

I have been using your Powerpoint templates. The problem is that I want everyone in my class to submit their answers before seeing how anyone else has voted. I suggest that in your Powerpoint templates you include a slide that just has the text, along with the slide that is the actual poll.

That way, I will include two slides in my presentation. One with the codes for students to vote. Then, after waiting a minute, I click to the next slide for the results.

Thanks.

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Multiple Classes Multiple Quizzes/Polls w/ Grades Excel File Export

Have multiple polls/quizzes for mulitple classes active at the same time. Have students register with name, school ID, and class period so results can be downloaded via .csv file for importing into class gradebook :)

2 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah! I hear you. There are a few ways to make this happen today. You can use “participant groups” to register your students in different classes and then export their answers with our Gradebook report. We have the workflow for this on our Attendance Best Practices Guide, but it should work with what you have in mind for organizing by class: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605-attendance-best-practice

Otherwise, have you tried our Survey View? This is a link that allows students to take quizzes/polls on their own time (asynchronously). We’re expanding on our survey capabilities right now and you can check it out and let us know how it goes.

Read about survey view here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/152111-can-i-combine-multiple-questions-polls-into-a-su

• 2 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • word clouds that can be embedded into google slides

Word clouds that can be embedded into google slides

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Have multiple questions on my audience page. (Activate a Survey, or self-paced)

Survey view is great way to help cover a lot of questions at once but the link to the survey is generally not user friendly (not easy for the audience to input). I would love to use the feature more as it easier than making a poll live, shutting it down, and starting up a new one (especially during a live class).

1) Be able to activate a survey on a user’s main page. While we can activate a single poll and have it go straight to our main page (https://www.polleverywhere.com/USER), I am not sure we can do…

37 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re still getting feedback and making a few tweaks, but the new Activated Surveys is out! If you haven’t seen it yet, we have all the details on our blog here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/create-first-poll-everywhere-survey/

Just in time for back to school!

The basics:
                                If you put all of your poll questions into a Group > you can then convert that group to a Survey. Then, select the Activate icon to the right side of the group and VOILA all of the poll questions will be displayed on your regular pollev.com/USER page.

• No More Prezi Support

I’m sorry to report that we are dropping support for Prezi.

Prezi captivated presenters everywhere with its fresh zooming approach to presentations. Their vision: Your message can be expressed in a limitless expanse. We were such big fans! We evangelized. In 2010 we brought them in as guest speakers to the Presentation Summit — a PowerPoint lair.

Sadly, their technology and business decisions regarding other companies like ours are not as inspiring. (full article: http://blog.polleverywhere.com/goodbye-prezi/ )

5 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • increase the number of student responses posssible in free account

30 responses limits my use of this application. I only have tried to use everywhere poll twice, but both times, I found out I could not poll the entire class. I think at least 50 is needed, but 100 would be great. Seems like this would get more advertising out for you.

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • option to assign poll to a pre-existing group as you create them

The option to choose a group to save your poll to after creating it would be useful. Quicker than having to keep dragging it from the default ungrouped area into the appropriate group, particularly if you already have a very long list

4 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Make multiple polls live

I would like to be able to make multiple polls live at the same time, so that students can answer for instance 5 questions at once and then we can review them together. Instead of taking on poll at a time.

2 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Google Slides

Integratable with Google Slides, just like PowerPoint

19 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Choosing more than one multiple choice answer

I need participants to choose more than one correct answer from a list of possible choices. How do I do this?

1 vote
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change this setting under a poll’s “edit” menu. You’ll see an edit link next to the poll title on your My Polls screen or in the upper right hand corner beneath the Stop button when viewing a poll’s chart.

Alternatively, you can alter this setting on multiple polls at once by using the “Edit Multiple” button at the top right of the My Polls screen.

Change the “responses” section to allow either unlimited or a set number of responses per participant.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Educators' Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base