Integrate with Smartboard and or Prezi!
This would be an excellent program for smartboard integration! For example the Smartboard notebook.
We currently support Prezi integration.
Unfortunately, SMART does not allow the ability to embed an object that can access a web connection. So, embedded polls within SMART Notebook cannot populate and show update responses, as they cannot connect to our servers. We’re unable to change this behavior without SMART updating their software.
A workaround would be to insert a link to each poll and load them in a web browser.
Also, view Patrick’s response below for an alternate method.
I no longer see the button that says "Download for Prezi" to download the flash file. I saw elsewhere on the poll everywhere site that Prezi no longer works with flash, so did this feature go away? I would really like to incorporate this into my classroom!
Angie Larner commented
I'm also interested in using Poll Everywhere with a Promethean Board. Both SMART & Promethean would be GREAT!
Using the Mimio or any of the interactive boards. (Engage technology)
Yes please include ActivBoards!
Paul Boyer commented
Don't forget Promethan ActivBoards!
Patrick Fletcher commented
You can integrate Poll Everywhere with Smart's Notebook software using their Smart Notebook Express Web Application.
1. Once you have created a poll, click on 'Share and Publish' and select 'Download for Prezi'. This will create a flash file.
2. Using the the standard (downloaded) Smart Notebook software open/create a Notebook file.
3. Now click 'Insert' and select 'Flash File'. Find your Poll Everywhere flash file and insert. Once inserted nothing will happen. Don't panic. Save this Notebook file.
3. Now go to Smart's Express Web Application: http://smarttech.com/notebookExpress and open the Notebook file with the Poll Everywhere flash file.
4. It will now work in Smart's online app.
It would be great if Smart included an 'insert flash file' in their web app, but I think they are trying to protect their smart response system. Basically, by following the above instructions, you can eliminate the need to buy a Smart Response system :)