Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Hide/show results in class

Some instructors would like to be able to hide the poll results from their students until the poll is complete but would like to see the results themselves in real time without having to use a second device for the mobile app..

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Reimplement Response Count Display on Instructions Screen/Tab

The ability to display the response counter on the instructions screen/tab seems to have been deprecated, but having this is an important pedagogical tool. Having the counter on the instructions screen specifically is important, because it allows instructors to see this information without displaying answers to the class. The counter remains available on the results screen, but if results are displayed live while students are answering, students will often choose the most popular choice without thinking for themselves, reducing learning. Our instructors value the results counter for a few reasons.
    1) Seeing the number of responses allows them to be…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Question real estate and formatting

As a computer science instructor, I wish I had more real estate and formatting capabilities for a longer, multi-line question (I personally would use it to post code snippets). Polleverywhere could facilitate it by allowing the presenter to quickly toggle back and forth between the long question and the poll responses. It would allow the presenter to carry on a discussion with the audience/students without toggling in and out of the tool.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Export poll questions

Poll Everywhere should include an option for poll creators to export poll questions out of the system. This could be done via .csv file. Since poll questions can be imported into the system, there should be an option to export them as well.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have data exports available for our University-Wide and Enterprise accounts. Anyone on these accounts may contact their dedicated Account Manager to get this enabled.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export for our Executive Summary report which will have the poll title and all response options. However, the format isn’t really designed to be uploaded to another system necessarily and may need someone to manually delete certain fields to work.

5. Allow to change usernames in bulk through the admin account.

This reduces the amount of time having to log in to each user account to adapt to a new url if needed.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Build a feature for tracking attendence

We badly need this feature. The current workaround for taking attendance is clunky. May I suggest add a scan QR feature in the Poll Everywhere App? Right now, if I set up a poll, and get the QR code, students scan it, but it will open in a web browser, so they have to re-login. We require our students to stay login in the App.
    Why QR code? We need to use the big screen for the presentation. QR code is easier to be posted in the classroom, and it also forces the students to be onsite, so they can…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We built the QR code feature as a way for participants to join a presentation quickly without having to type a pollev.com/username.

We have a feature that is available on all premium education accounts called “Hide activity titles” which was designed to encourage students to physically be in the classroom by not displaying the title of any activity questions on the participant site or app. We encourage using this for attendance and participation credit: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/activity-title-blocker

7. Competition - set up for over time, not just for one session

Can Competition be set up as a loop? This way we can put up the questions on a monitor and people who walk by can answer questions as they please and over time we can see the winner on the leaderboard.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Use screen name instead of arrow on clickable images.

On clickable images, use screen names instead of just an arrow or marker that way you have the option of knowing who put what in your activity. Makes it more personable.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Q&A poll- Disable voting until later

Idea summited from Craig Smith to create a feature for Q&A poll so moderator can to disable the voting and turn it on when all of the ideas / items have been generated

Craig says this is good practice when doing idea generation is to generate ideas THEN vote on them. It's really hard with large groups to get them to stay away from the voting buttons during the idea generation phase.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Custom size images

Would like to be able to size an image so that poll takers do not have to scroll horizontal and vertically for entire image for voting

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can look into how we determine the image size for our clickable image polls on our pollev response page. If you resize the initial image to be smaller (less tall) before uploading, that will resolve the problem. This is because we want to make the image large enough to click on and fill up the screen while keeping the same height to width ratio. So, any image that is much longer than it is tall > can result in this situation.

But, our engineers will investigate to see what we can do programmatically to prevent this or at least make it less extreme.

11. Bracket for a playoff

Create ability to vote on and display winners in a bracket play off, ala NCAA basketball tournament. For example, if there was a beer tasting for 8 beers, users could select (blind or identified) favorites two beers at a time - four votes in first round, two in semifinal and one in final.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. save word cloud

After "clearing" results for Word Cloud to prepare for next batch of audience responses, I need a way to back to archived version of word cloud and be able to export or download word cloud image.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SMS & push notification to local audience of a web poll link

partner with beacon or wifi or bluetooth technology provider to enable a push notification of the poll web links to a room full of attendees.

what technology did vw use to get the sms sent to all moviegoers here: http://www.cnet.com/news/movie-theater-stunned-by-volkswagens-dont-text-and-drive-ad/

would like the ability for a presenter to message out individual poll links like this, or have an API so that a 3rd party app can leverage its push notification capabilities to do so

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to because this is sooo cool! But, we have to try and remain real business people (at least for now). These GPS location notifications are not yet up to our standards of consistency and there are a number of concerns for our customers who will have multiple presentations/lectures going in neighboring room that we just cannot invest in it yet. We are always looking into it and hope to have this someday soon.

14. Allow branching in surveys, so I don't need to use SurveyMonkey anymore!

Allow branching in the non-live surveys, so there can be follow-up questions posed to only those who respond in a certain way to a question. Thanks!

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. font size indication

it would be nice to have an indication of the font size when designing the poll appearance. Now I just have to guess and hope that I'm putting the slider in a consistent location. Doesn't even have to be true font sizes - just a relative number would help. Thanks

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Would be great to utilize the participant groups to designate specific polls, and/or generate reports for polls to identify groups.

this would help to exclusively limit responses to people who are registered for specific classes, and/or be able to vote during meetings attended by both voting and non-voting members.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Voters count rather that votes count

I often allow voters to vote for more than one item. When I do so, I can see how many votes have been cast, but not how many people have voted. I want to be able to see the latter, because I want to know when most people have cast a vote. This is impossible to tell from the tally of votes, since some people cast multiple votes

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll bring it up to our engineers. I know this is a bit trickier for us to do than simply changing a visual setting because we have to securely pass the participant data back to the poll. This is especially difficult for our Anonymous polls. As well as keeping it crystal clear to people what we are counting. Last thing we want is to confuse folks who see that the number of responses and the count don’t match up.

But, I can certainly understand the desire here.

18. Allow anonymous poll with no responses to be changed

It would be nice to be able to change an anonymous poll to an identified poll so long as the poll does not have any responses (e.g. it is still in creation phase).

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, I understand that one. I know I’ve clicked the anonymous button and then later regretted it as well. We try to put a scary pop up warning, but it still happens.

It’s difficult for us to convert a poll back because we take our anonymity very seriously. Once that warning is accepted we immediately scramble any responses to that poll and then put a lock that prevents the poll from recording the name/email of any future responses. We’re literally destroying where we would store the identifiable information for the poll and to convert back we’d have to re-create those tables which is a tricky and slow process. And, we’re hesitant to open a way for someone to hack that information.

That said, certainly if we get a lot of requests for this we will work on it. In the meantime, I just recommend being careful with the anonymous button…

19. Add a confirmation to "Clear Responses"

Because "clear responses" cannot be undone, please add a confirmation button (You've asked to clear responses. Your action cannot be undone. Would you like to continue? <Yes> <No>).

One can too easily hit the wrong button, which is what happened to me and I lost all of my data. This is something that should have already been in place.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Support for Searching/Filtering Activities

Maybe I am just missing it I do not see a way to search or filter activities. Just a title based search would be extremely helpful. Please add a search functionality to Activities page.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas