Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Keynote for iOS Integration

I'm increasingly doing presentations in keynote on my iPhone with a HDMI output. I'd really like to be able to use poll everywhere in this setup. Shame it doesn't seem possible.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, unfortunately Apple just doesn’t really make this possible for us right now. We are able to integrate with the PowerPoint iOS app by using the Office 365 Store which is a built-in app store for PowerPoint, however Apple’s Keynote does not have a similar store.

Until they release something like that or offer a public API we can build an integration off of, it just is not feasible for us. We’ll jump on the train once it’s possible.

In the meantime, I would recommend either presenting with our Mac App with Keynote on your macbook, or you can use our Office 365 integration on your iPhone

https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104218073&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&clickedfilter=OfficeProductFilter%3APowerPoint&productgroup=PowerPoint&homprd=PowerPoint&sourcecorrid=1b0056ee-27f5-4ee3-9c08-47f1f79f1ffe&homappcat=Education&homapppos=2&homchv=0&appredirect=false

2. Display multiple results simultaneously

It would be nice for users to view results from multiple questions simultaneously as they are being voted.

For instance, users would see multiple results tallied as users are inputting data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible to do if you have the correct setup. It’s a little complicated though. Here’s what I would recommend if you’re interested:

- create a Survey. A survey will let your audience respond to multiple poll questions on their own time at your pollev.com/username page. For details: https://blog.polleverywhere.com/create-first-poll-everywhere-survey/

- then you can use our Live Response Link to show the chart visualization for each individual poll question in the survey. You can find this link by
    clicking on the title of the poll question → click “Present” tab on the top right → select Share → then copy the Live Results Link.

- you will need to have separate browser windows or monitors to display all of these questions at once. And, there is no way to display multiple questions with our PowerPoint integration (it will cause a conflict).

All of those polls will automatically update as…

3. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

4. Restrict ability to respond to polls based on the group assignments

I teach several sections of the same class, and would find it helpful not to have to replicate polls for each of the sections. I have the ability to group the students based on sections, so is there a way to assign a poll to a specific group (instead of having to create new polls and deactive old polls)?

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Improvements to sharing activities (sharing responses and clearing authority)

My unit specializes in asynchronous online courses, and we are usually using either the "embed code" or "response link" to place a PollEV activity onto a webpage in our LMS. Because we use a team-based course development approach, where an instructional designer often creates the activities and builds the course, but an instructor does the actual teaching, this creates challenges with clearing responses as needed between deliveries. We are not able to have instructors (often teaching for subsequent terms, long after the initial course build) clear responses on the PollEV activities. This creates extra maintenance work for the ID who…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Timer is hidden behind Google Slides toolbar

When using the Poll Everywhere extension within presentation mode of Google Slides, the timer is actually hidden behind the Google Slides toolbar in the lower left corner of the screen. When you attempt to manipulate the timer, you cannot make any changes to it because the Google Slides toolbar covers it every time the cursor gets near the timer. If there were a setting to select the position of the timer or if it could freely be moved, that would solve the problem.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Heather,

I’m sorry about the trouble with our Google Slides integration. Thank you for bringing this up to us. This looks like a bug on our end. We should have a fix for this with our next update to our Chrome Extension for Google Slides.

We’ll send you an email when that is coming out.

Thanks for bringing this up!

7. Weighted Poll

We want to present 10 ideas and have the participants rank them in order of importance. When the participants finish ranking them they will be weighted by order i.e. my first choice is worth 10 points, my second choice is worth 9 points and so on.

This will so a true ranking poll of what my participants believe to be most to least imporatant

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, we do not have a way to do this right now out of the box, but there are a few workarounds.

The first is that you can use our Ranking Poll which allows folks to drag/drop the answer choices to their selected rank order. This will apply the set number of “points” on the backend depending on the number of answer choices. So, if you have 5 answer choices > then when someone ranks one option first > it gets 5 points > 2nd place gets 4 points and so on…
    - You can see more details for how this works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/612507

Another option is to use our Multiple Choice Polls to get the same results. You can either have 10 separate multiple choice polls where you can ask them to assign 1-10 points to each of your choices. Or, you can have a single poll question and…

8. Restricted IP Address -- Taking Attendence

For using polls to take attendance, it will be great if we can add some restrictions to where they the participants located. So the users most come from certain URL to take the poll.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Randomize questions

I need to be able to randomize questions, in order to prevent biased/ unconsious choices. Like Kahoot offers

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Simultaneous live polls or at least copy polls between accounts

My project team has multiple accounts because we sometimes need to have multiple live polls happening simultaneously, and PollEv doesn't support this from one account. Problem is that the polls are now located in multiple places making management of the polls and data tedious, and there isn't a way to duplicate polls from one account to another. There's got to be a better way.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Eliminate need for space between 2-word answers in word clouds

Students often forget to put the space between multi-word responses in word clouds. Then the words in their responses get separated. It would be amazing if you could update the tool to keep multi-word responses together.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Cache Polls, Send Eventually

The wifi at my university is pretty terrible. However, my professor insists on using poll everywhere for quizzes everyday. Often, I miss a poll question simply because my computer or my phone cannot connect to the internet. I can't send via text because I don't have service. It would be nice if I could send the poll whenever I got wifi. Of course, this will may require a complete rewrite of your backend because a poll completely closes when the instructor decides to. And the code doesn't work afterwards. But maybe if the time the response was cached is before…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Give participant feedback on the correctness of their answer

Would like for my students to receive a message about whether or not their response was correct for graded responses.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

All of our paid education plans come with a feature called Custom Reply Message. This can be used to send your students an automatic message after they’ve submitted their response. It won’t automatically determine if they chose the correct answer, but you can set it up like this:

“You chose choice The correct answer was A”

Do you think this would work for you?

Other than that, students can check their Response History after class to review questions they’ve responded to and that will tell them of there correctness. Just send them to polleverywhere.com/my/results

More details on custom reply messages here:
    https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#custom_reply_messages

14. Rank by numbers

Have the ability to rank poll by numbers instead of drag and drop

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you thinking about entering allowing the participants to distribute say 10 or 100 “votes” amongst a few different answer choices as free response? Or, maybe just typing in 1st, 2nd, 3rd… instead of drag/drop?

There are a lot of different ways to do a ranking poll. We have a few ideas for how to implement each type, so it’d be great to get an idea of what you are interested in.

Thanks for the feedback!

15. I would like to suggest a way to make the poll when inserted into a Power Point transparent so you can still see the Power Point background.

I would like to suggest a way to make the poll when inserted into a Power Point transparent so you can still see the Power Point background.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m not sure if this will be possible for how we currently implement our powerpoint integration. We currently use some parts of that image to determine the size and placement of our poll on the slide.

May I ask, why do you want your audience to see the whole background? If it is to match your branding and slide template > would it work if we are able to match your slide template and set that as the background for our poll?

Otherwise, if you are trying to show an image or something else on the same slide as our poll > you can resize the placeholder image to show part of the slide

16. Export to SPSS

Add the option to export all of the response data to .sav format for further analysis in SPSS.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and

Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and enroll participants in the group of other users

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, I can understand the desire of admins being able to setup or maintain participant groups. Right now, administrators may invite/add participants to an account. And, those participants (students) could then reply to the polls of any presenter on the account as a registered participant. But, Participant Groups are all based on the specific user or presenter.

It’s certainly possible for us to make some architectural changes around how we store participant groups and the permissions around them, but unfortunately it’s not an easy or quick project. I don’t expect us to create this in the short term unless there’s a lot of interest from the community.

Thanks for the suggestion though! We appreciate it and will definitely take it under consideration

18. Report and archived run changes

Can you please consider adding the functionality to run reports on multiple runs, AND to tease out data from one archived run that should have been split into two?

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Duplicate activity from edit page (currently only available in activity list)

As far as I can tell you are only able to duplicate an activity from the main groups and activities list (available when you click POLLS from the main menu). It would be helpful if you were able to duplicate an activity from the open activity page (where you save the activity). Example, for an election, you run the activity full screen and show results, now you have to remove some of the options and run it again (and again, and again until there is a winner). It is easier to track the order of polls taken by duplicating the…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Increase font size range on word clouds

The current appearance seems to have 4 different font sizes in the word cloud. When an idea has 30 matches and others are only at 4 or 5, a MUCH larger font size would better represent that, contrasting the smaller ones. Even a range of 8 sizes would be a significant improvement to determine popularity in a given data set. Ideally I would like a range of 12 or more.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas