Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Group competitions

Divide the participants (or let them choose) in groups so they can compete against groups on the leaderboards rather than individually. Similar to the option for this in Turningpoint.

Group based competitiveness is increasingly applied within (higher) education.

Personally I wish to engage with my students playfully without compounding on the individual pressures which fuels the fear of failing, avoiding of risk and the negative aspects of performativity and goal-oriented behaviour which are typically already over-cultivated in (higher) education.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Segmented polls for responses across groups

A colleague described a use case that I think would be great for PollEv but that isn't yet supported. This colleague's goal was to do a "fist of 5" exercise across a large number of participants in a meeting, but to segment that response by teams. For example, someone could select which team they're in and also respond to the question, and the responses could be grouped according to the selection on that question.

Implementation-wise, I think this could be accomplished by allowing someone to add a "segmentation" or "grouping" or similar to an activity's settings for viewing the results,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Random Question order

I have a classroom of students who sit in pairs. They have a final exam consisting of a set number of questions, that each student gets. At the moment the local exam server we run presents all questions in a random order to the students and allows the students to put problematic questions back in the pool for a later attempt.
    This randomisation ensures that the students are answering each question to the best of their ability with no likelihood of being swayed by the student sitting beside them. It limits cheating or collaboration too.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Schedule and automate clear responses

It would be super helpful and save time manually clearing responses it if was possible to, in advance, schedule and automate this task. There would need to be a handful of options, but my team would love to be able to do things like:
    -Set responses to clear on an annual date/time (e.g., Sept 1 every year)
    -Set responses to clear after a certain amount of time from the first response (e.g., 48 hours after first response)
    -Set responses to clear after a regular interval (e.g., clear responses every month)
    This also would be a useful option to alleviate frustrations…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We don't currently have scheduling for clearing responses in our product roadmap, but we will definitely bring that feedback to our Product team. We do currently offer a bulk clear option so that you can clear the responses of multiple activities at once. Here is a support article that provides more information on how to do that. 

5. Respond directly to written poll submissions individually in writing, using the poll, visible to all

I would like there to be a kind of poll (or a modification to the existing Q&A or Open Ended polls) that I can use as a presenter which would allow me to type back responses to the audience submissions that come in! (Example: my pinned Q & A poll is a way for me to let students ask me questions during lecture. Some of them, I answer out loud during lecture. Others, I would like to type a response back to the student for everyone with access to the poll to be able to see.) Ideally, I'd like to…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Resend Participant Invite

We would like to be able to re-send invitations to imported participants.
    Participants can be sent info to complete their registration through the participant import process, but there is no way to re-send the "complete your registration email" to them once they have been imported.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Accumulative point scoring on grading feature

The option for points scoring to be the sum total based on the options a respondee chooses, so when running a report this is a total figure rather than just one of the choices they selected.

For example you have a multiple choice question with 4 possible choices, each choice is worth 25 points and respondees are able to response up to 4 times. If a respondee selects 3 options they them accrue a total of 75 pints etc.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow multi-line textual responses

The "open-ended" response type allows arbitrary textual response, but only one line of text. For complex answers, including answers that may including tables or diagrams, one line is not sufficient. I would like to request an option (perhaps presented to the user as an "allow long answers" checkbox on the open-ended response type) that will allow the user to insert newlines and construct multiline responses.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow text responses for competitions

Currently, the only way my audience can participate in a competition is if they use their phones web browser. I have found the advantage to Poll Everywhere over other services is that text responses are much more reliable. Internet responses are not dependable for what I do traveling around to different venues. Most of the time everyone is on the same conference wifi and responses won't go through. so I REALLY need a text option for these competitions, otherwise, I will have to stick with the other software I use.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to change placement and size of timer and responses

I would like like to be able to move the timer to a different position on the screen, and have it be larger.

Same with the amount of responses, it is too small to really be noticed from the tests that I have done (maybe I haven't found the right setting for it?)

Also, I would like a way to trigger the timer without having to go on screen with the mouse to start/stop/reset it. As an example, sometimes the questions need to be explained or the host is reading them out loud. By the time that's done, the timer…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Respondents should be able to see their overall score upon completion of a graded survey

For example, if the respondent were to complete a five-question graded survey, they should see an 'overall score' page after completing the last question. This page should show their score and possibly allow them to retake the test or at least view the questions/answers.

Currently, after the end user completes a graded survey, there is no way for them to know what their overall score was. The administrator can view this information in a graded report, but they must manually pull the data and send it to the respondent.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. REALLY need a visual analog scale

Need a Visual Analog Scale (VAS) for class work/ratings in graduate level voice disorders class!

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to change case of letters in word cloud

Not sure why there is no option to prevent the word cloud from changing everything to lower case. Could at least be a moderated option. This is a hindrance in Tech oriented settings where participants often enter acronyms into the cloud... just looks strange when you have a system names CATS and it shows up as cats...

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, it’s tough but I definitely understand what you mean. Our dream is to have some Natural Language Processing to automatically determine a lot of these responses. It’s a tough computing problem for Google and Apple with their AIs…and us too!

We don’t want our wordclouds to be straight case sensitive because most phones will autocorrect to be autocase and you don’t want “Cats” to show up either, or just the first word of each sentence and we chose to default to lowercase because it is standard in the word cloud industry.

Some acronyms are obvious like SUV should always be capitalized, but words like “cats” could be either depending on the context.

We will tackle it in time and hopefully sooner than later. If we get a lot of interest in this over some other cool stuff we’re working on, we will definitely switch priorities. Let us know if…

14. Ranking, show percentage of selection

Ranking, show percentage of selection instead of just 1st, 2nd etc

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

16. Track time to submit a response

It would be great to have a feature to measure how long it takes for someone to submit a response to a poll question. We are thinking of it in the context of a clickable image poll where we would ask the participant to find something in the image and see how long it takes them to do so.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That could be cool and an interesting piece of data for folks. I’m not sure how many people would really be interested though.

Do you think it would work if we only displayed this on the CSV (Excel) download our reports? We have limited space available on the web view and I don’t think we can fit this without sacrificing a lot.

Otherwise, the closest thing we can easily track is the amount of time that has elapsed since the poll was made active until the response was received. This won’t always be accurate because a presenter could activate/deactivate and re-activate a single poll question during a presentation but should generally be accurate.

Would that be enough for y’all?

17. Improving Clickable Images

Ability to zoom in on clickable images on mobile. Plus, optimizing the code, since it seems to chug for multiple clicks from multiple users.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Would it work if we allow you to temporarily magnify what’s under your finger by tapping and holding your finger down?
    In this magnified state, you can:
    - Drag your finger to explore different parts of the screen.
    - Lift your finger to return to your previous state.

It is a different workflow than the usual “pinching” movement for zooming, but unfortunately our mobile app makes that tricky to support.

18. Integrate with the LearnUpon LMS

We use a learning management system (LMS) to track our trainings, including quizzes and results, and we would like to use the Report function on Poll Everywhere to log the results of polls (quizzes) for each individual that takes our training courses.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a timer for surveys that limits the amount of time a participant has to respond.

I have heard this idea from a couple of educators and corporate trainers. Everyone is very excited about our new survey tools, and they would like to be able to use Surveys to make timed assessments. I think this would be a serious undertaking given how surveys work currently, but it would be cool!

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Nested Questions

Nested questions based on how an initial question is answered.

For example, question 1 is a yes or no question. If the respondent answers yes, they're brought to a follow-up question (question 2); if their answer is no, they're brought to a different follow-up (question 3).

Once those are responded to, the answers can be merged into one poll for display.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas