Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Purge Previous Participants

We REALLY need the ability to purge the entire database of previous participants from the previous semester/school year. Having used this for two semesters in large courses, I currently have 500+ students that should be deleted before the new academic year starts.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. textplus

I can't text to the number provided from a free texting app (textplus). How am I supposed to certify the number?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. have a "one-time unlimited" plan for university instructors.

Sometimes, we give a large talk once in a while, but not on a regular basis, such as at a conference, or event. It would be great if there were another option that could be used for 24 hours, instead of an entire semester.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Enable QR Codes?

Would be great if a QR Code could be displayed next to my unique URL of PollEv.com/mrztechtv since my audience could scan the QR code instead of typing in the short URL. Thanks for considering!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new Beta feature to add some support for QR codes. It is fully functional and supported, but remains in beta because it does not currently work for Competitions.

You can enable this feature here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs

Once the QR Code feature is enabled for you account when you open a poll you should see a small QR code next to the response instructions on the chart. If you click this QR icon → a QR code will expand to show on the entire screen.

Anyone in your audience may then use any standard QR code reader on their phones to navigate to your pollev.com/username page

Furthermore, you may download the image for your QR code and add that as a slide in PowerPoint if you have your own instructions for the audience. You can download this image at polleverywhere.com/profile/edit

Hope this helps!

5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow teachers to delete open-ended responses

When students text responses not relevant to the question polled I would like to be able to delete those.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. enter pictures as questions

What is missing in the picture?
    What is the sum (difference)? In the arithmetic of binary numbers it is better to ask students in the formal way (the numbers aligned on top of each other)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. export live response feed RSS to Wordle

an RSS feed of the live response could be integrated into any application that reads feeds and represents them in more of an infographic way...such as Wordle

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Update PollEV page from PowerPoint

I'd suggest that when you go from question to question in a PowerPoint presentation that it update the PollEV page. It does this when switching from question to question on the web, but not in a presentation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Don't over-complicate it

I've been using Poll Everywhere for several years and it remains my all time favourite edtech tool. It's strength for me has been its simplicity and ease-of-use. While I always welcome improvements to the interface I am slightly wary of feature creep. So my request is for simplicity. Please don't spoil what you have by expanding the functionality to meet all users' requirements. Matt.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks Matt! I promise our design and engineering teams do their best to keep things as simple as possible. At the very least, keeping the initial and critical workflows as simple as possible. We’ll have some small tweaks to the main My Polls page which I think will also help simplify some of the UI as well.

Let us know if there’s ever anything you see that starts to be more confusing than helpful

14. Multi voting and dynamic voting

Allow users to first create the voting elements and then have them vote on them within the same session. Another enhancement would be to allow the voters to have 3 votes which they could place on what they wanted. All on one item or split them up on 2 or 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

So, we actually have some capabilities to do these right now.

You can set any Multiple Choice Poll to allow more than one response per person. This will allow your participants to respond up to a set number of times where they can vote for one option 3 times, or split their votes across multiple. You can see details for how here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#responses_per_participant

Otherwise, if you are interested in having your participants submit responses and allow the rest of your participants to vote on them – then I would try our Q&A or Upvote Poll. This allows your participants to submit responses and then lets the whole group up or downvote these responses for discussion. You can see more details here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/question-and-answer-brainstorm

15. A Reset Button

A reset button!!!!
    We need ONE button to take care three settings for the multiple choice questions. 1. Clear the responses, 2. Hide the chart 3. Hide the correct answer.
    I thought when I cleared the responses, it would do these three things for me. But, I was very surprised to see the responses showed when they coming in, and the right answer box was selected from the beginning!!!! These ruined my presentation :(

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We’ve got it! From here on out, any time you Clear a poll question we will update the chart visualization to hide the correct answer. Try it out and let us know if it isn’t working

We do not yet have a way to automatically “reset” polls to hide the chart because it’s a little more complicated for us to do because it goes against our stored defaults. Until we are able to update that, I would recommend using our Copy Visual Settings feature to “Hide the chart” for multiple poll questions at once. You can see details how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160777-copying-and-applying-existing-visual-settings-to-p

16. Response message

After message is sent by attendee, system could send a response as received with a link to My response history page

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this right now! It is a feature that may be enabled or disabled for any given poll question.

You can use our Custom Reply Message feature to send a confirmation message that a response was successful (our default) OR customize the message to say whatever you want, including links!

This feature can be found by opening the poll configuration page > select Response Settings > and enter your Custom Reply Message.

You can see more details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160732

17. New customer

Hello, my name is Giovanna and I work for Insper, a brazilian university.
    We already use a pooling system, but we're doing some research to change our actual supplier.
    I'd like to now if it's possible to schedule an online presentation for me and my team, so we can know your system better.
    Best regards,
    Giovanna.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. math type

Math type in the question

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

19. I would like to be able to add Hebrew font and add video/audio to questions.

I would like to be able to have Hebrew font capability and audio/video

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  20. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Yeah! We can do this. Here’s how

1. Open the emaze presentation you want to include a poll inside of.

2. Click the “Media” button at the top of the screen. You’ll see a place to insert code.

3. In another tab, open your Poll Everywhere poll that you want to embed.
    4. Click on the “Present” tab, then under “Share,” click “Embed Poll.”

5. On the page that follows, you should see a snippet of code that you can include. Copy this.

6. Paste the code you just copied into the emaze embed section. Your poll should appear!

There’s one limitation to note that I can see- our control buttons do not appear in emaze’s embed method. As such, to control activation, locking, etc. of the polls, you’ll need to use an external method. For this, I would recommend using our mobile app.

1 2 5 7 9 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base