Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Canvas w/Polleverywhere

Integrate with Canvas if you haven't already?!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. latex and images combined -- also survey view??

Question images don't show in survey view? Latex not possible for questions in any view? Also, would like to have the ability to ask questions like
    <instructions, written in text> latex: <formula>

thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

3. attendance

some way of tracking class attendance

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for our best practices to attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here (note this will require one of our plans which comes with Reporting features):

http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not responsd

4. ASL as an option

Embedded video so we could use ASL in our questions.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Select multiple choices in a poll

Can I do multi-choice polls where people can vote on more than one option?

e.g.

Do you like

fish
    meat
    vegetables
    fruit
    dairy

I'd like people to be able to vote on more than one option. It might be I just don't know my way round polleverywhere yet, but that'd be useful for some of the tech presentations (e.g. which technologies do you have deployed)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

We have a setting in our “Features lab” which will let you restrict your audience to only select each option once. It isn’t set up for Text Message responses, but is otherwise all set to go. Here’s how it works:
    1. Go to https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs
    2. click Enable for the “Disable duplicate responses” feature and click “Apply lab settings”
    3. navigate back to your multiple choice poll, click the Response Setting menu on the right side of the poll
    4. then click the checkbox for Disable duplicate responses

Now, when you present that poll > we will disable (grey out) each response that the audience sends in.

6. Share polls between accounts

Allow people to share polls. As a teacher at a school that has 16 people in my department that teach the same book. If we could share a poll from one account to anther, it would help with preparation times. Possibly allow a download number for a poll or something like that.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

There are two ways to do this right now. The first, and ideal for us, is that any school-wide, department-wide, or university-wide plans with multiple users on the same account may quickly and easily share polls with each other. There’s an option under the Edit Multiple button to move polls from one user on an account to another. You can read about this in more detail here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160770-moving-multiple-polls-between-groups-or-users

Otherwise, you can share individual polls with each other by sending the URL for the poll question itself.

1. Copy the URLs of the polls you’d like to share onto a list. (Copy the address while it’s in live chart view, not instructional or survey view.)

2. Give them the list of URLs.

3. Have them log into her own Poll Everywhere account.

4. Have them enter the URL for the first poll, and then add this: /copy to the end of…

7. Graded report generation

Gemerate graded reports for all the polls given in a semester (150 or more).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Fixed feedback - second vote

Allow poll creator to send electric shock back to users of devices that got the question wrong - excellent motivator for pre-school.

Failing that, allow automated response to be sent back to user based on their vote - a kind of instant fixed-text feedback, before offering a second vote with which they can confirm or alter their response.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well we probably won’t go the route of electric shock. I can only imagine the a meeting with our lawyer after that…

But, we do have an auto-reply message feature to allow any of our paid users to send a reply SMS or post a message on the web response page. You can see the details of this here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#custom_reply_messages

Our Change Answer feature is now available! Students may now click “Clear Responses” at the bottom of the page to change their original answer. And, if they are using text message – they may text Clear or Undo to the same number to change their response.

The combination of these two should get you 90% if not more of the way there

9. Ability to share/transition ownership of polls

Add the ability to transition or share ownership with people, so that re-work is limited, and changing responsibilities can be quickly adapted to without inefficiencies of re-work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  10. open question screenshot option

have the screenshot option for the open question polls not just the multiple choice polls

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Restrict responders on each poll in a survey through "multiple editing"

Restricting the responders to registered participants is great for individual polls, but when I put together a long survey of polls for a quiz (I'm a teacher), it takes forever to have to restrict each poll in that survey. Please add the option to restrict participants to registered participants in the "Edit multiple" option. Please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  12. Timer for polls

Students asked about a timer to know how much time they have left to answer a question. That feature would be really nice.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  13. Letting them choose multiple answers when they apply

For example, I am polling the class on who has what and I want them to check all that apply instead of having to do multiple polls where they check yes or no

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Powerpoint templates

I have been using your Powerpoint templates. The problem is that I want everyone in my class to submit their answers before seeing how anyone else has voted. I suggest that in your Powerpoint templates you include a slide that just has the text, along with the slide that is the actual poll.

That way, I will include two slides in my presentation. One with the codes for students to vote. Then, after waiting a minute, I click to the next slide for the results.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow for a dual and multi-level an bar graph poll with a multiple choice response options

I would like to create a poll with dual options as and multiple choice response. For example, How would you rate police (Excellent/Pretty Good; only fair/poor in your community based on the following responding to complaints, preventing crime, solving crime etc.)?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Default voting options

I would like to be able to set default voting options on my account and have them applied to each poll, rather than being required to set them for each poll one by one

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow sub/super scripts

As a chemistry teacher, I would like to include subscripts or superscripts in my multiple choice questions. It would be nice to have some sort of formatting options to help my students understand what I am asking of them.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow groupings to be moved up and down (reordered).

I'd like to be able to put my groupings in roughly alphabetical order, or n sections by topic, rather than just the order they were created in.

Thankyou,
    Tim.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select all of the polls in a group with the checkbox that appears next to the group title.

Then, you just hit the “Download as… PPT / PPTX” button in the menu bar, and we’ll deliver a PowerPoint deck with all those polls in it.

20. Powerpoint

I'd love to see something that we could use in powerpoint almost like a ticker, where students could text in questions and they would appear on the screen as they are sent. This could incorporate twitter too. When a student has a question they don't have to wait for me to finish a thought, they just text it in and it appears, and I can answer at the end of a slide or thought.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – we got your suggestion this morning and though it was such a great idea that we just built it in the last hour. Check it out, it’s called a “Free Text Poll”, and you can create one from the “New Poll” page:

http://www.polleverywhere.com/my/polls/new

It also works in PowerPoint and Keynote of course.

Just kidding. We built this back in 2008. It’s pretty rad. Gets better every year.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base