Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Allow disabling real-time vote-tallying (or make it clearer that's possible)

I'd like my students to vote without seeing the votes from other students as they come in. After everyone has voted, then I want to show the results. I see that this has been suggested and is marked "Completed." So how do I do it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi David,

When you hover over a multiple choice poll’s live chart, you will see several controls appear. One of these, show instructions, can be used to toggle between the voting instructions and results. The view you are on when you exit the poll will be the same when you return. So, most educators will leave a poll in the show instructions when moving on, so the graph will not appear first if they reuse the poll.

2. Have the free access work after 12pm est.

The program works great in the morning, but after lunch it's pretty much worthless. Do I have to buy the $50 membership to have it work properly all the time? Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Change your "Received at" Reporting

It currently records it as something like "09/07/11 @ 11:37:11 AM" which is good for American audiences who will not ever sort their data in a spreadsheet by who responds the quickest. I would recommend changing it to "2011/09/07 1137:11 hrs" or for a pm time "2011/09/07 1437:11 hrs"

This now allows anyone to sort the date/time stamp with an excel spreadsheet in the correct way from the largest time amount, year, and descending appropriately to seconds. The 24 hour time stamp has to be used to eliminate the need for am/pm which a spreadsheet will not easily use.

If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Darren,

We made some changes to the way response dates and times are displayed. The new format (only slightly different) will now be recognized as a date by excel.

4. enter pictures as questions

What is missing in the picture?
    What is the sum (difference)? In the arithmetic of binary numbers it is better to ask students in the formal way (the numbers aligned on top of each other)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. allow for starting polls and skipping to next from full-screen view

this way, in a teaching situation and beaming the poll, i don't have to skip back from full-screen just to start and skip to the next poll. unfortunately i do need to start the polls one after another since students are prone to vote before i've finished my introduction to the poll. if this is possible already, please notify me, i've missed it. thanks!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Simplify the "My Polls" page

Make it easier to sort and organize questions into folders. I regularly seem to "lose" questions when dragging and dropping them up and down the page.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Time Limit or Timer

For graded questions, it would be very helpful if we were able to set a time limit. A countdown could be displayed with the poll question. When the time elapses, the poll should stop automatically.

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Streamline the Student Registration Process

As I understand it, registering a student is currently a 3-step process including 1) students register 2) students certify their phone 3) students register as a voter on the teacher's account.

Despite taking class time to register kids and even making a "how to" video to help kids with the process, still a huge number of them miss one part (normally the "register as a voter" part) and I end up spending a considerable amount of time walking them through the process individually.

Perhaps a "register as a student" option where kids would be automatically walked through the process would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Currently distributing your participation link (found via participants tab under “invite…” tab) will lead students through this process

11. allow default options to be changed and saved

almost every poll I create is a free response intended for registered participants (I am a teacher) and I check all of the "how you can respond" . As far as I know, I have to check these boxes each time I make a poll which isn't a huge deal, but it does slow things down a bit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow deleting multiple participants

instead of having to delete one at a time, which is taking me for ever.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select all of the polls in a group with the checkbox that appears next to the group title.

Then, you just hit the “Download as… PPT / PPTX” button in the menu bar, and we’ll deliver a PowerPoint deck with all those polls in it.

15. I'm a teacher and I would like to "name" my groups

How can you give a name or chapter title to your groups?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi there! Groups can be renamed (it’s been this way for a while). Just click the name of the group, and you can edit it (or, hover over the group’s row and see the “edit” link appear)

16. Allow teachers to receive tier 2 support

Many educators have had to deal with harships financially, especially being furloughed days. Because things are getting tighter, yet expectations of educators increase, providing additional assistance would be helpful.

Students do not learn in the traditional fashion employed fifty years ago, so it is imperative that our methods match and keep up with their ways of retaining information. Integration of technology is one of the keys that should be used to boost education in the direction that it should go.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  17. export live response feed RSS to Wordle

an RSS feed of the live response could be integrated into any application that reads feeds and represents them in more of an infographic way...such as Wordle

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Powerpoint

I'd love to see something that we could use in powerpoint almost like a ticker, where students could text in questions and they would appear on the screen as they are sent. This could incorporate twitter too. When a student has a question they don't have to wait for me to finish a thought, they just text it in and it appears, and I can answer at the end of a slide or thought.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – we got your suggestion this morning and though it was such a great idea that we just built it in the last hour. Check it out, it’s called a “Free Text Poll”, and you can create one from the “New Poll” page:

http://www.polleverywhere.com/my/polls/new

It also works in PowerPoint and Keynote of course.

Just kidding. We built this back in 2008. It’s pretty rad. Gets better every year.

19. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Instructions button on the Free Text (open ended) poll

I just noticed that the "Show Instructions" button appears on the Multiple Choice poll, but not the Free Text poll...

Any way we can have the "Show Instructions" button on the Free Text poll as well?

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base