Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Sort the registered participants list

Click on the column title to sort the participant list by that field. Or at least sort them alphabetically! It is not clear how they are sorted now. For a large class this is very difficult.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow groupings to be moved up and down (reordered).

I'd like to be able to put my groupings in roughly alphabetical order, or n sections by topic, rather than just the order they were created in.

Thankyou,
    Tim.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Would like to know who texted in answers

I want to be able to track who texted what answers...this would prevent students from writing in inappropriate answers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

You can already accomplish this by either registering your participants(on a paid plan).

OR (Free and paid plans): On a Free Text Poll you can show the last 4 digits of the phone number a response was texted from by selecting ‘show participants’ from the visual settings menu under the ‘chart’ tab. More info on visual settings here: http://bit.ly/pyD9Bh

4. Integrate with Smartboard and or Prezi!

This would be an excellent program for smartboard integration! For example the Smartboard notebook.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We currently support Prezi integration.

Unfortunately, SMART does not allow the ability to embed an object that can access a web connection. So, embedded polls within SMART Notebook cannot populate and show update responses, as they cannot connect to our servers. We’re unable to change this behavior without SMART updating their software.

A workaround would be to insert a link to each poll and load them in a web browser.

Also, view Patrick’s response below for an alternate method.

5. Allow images

It;d be cool if you could have images within the polls - like, which image do you like most (multiple choice).

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add Metro PCS!

Send a letter to Metro PCS so that Metro users can send the 5-digit code messages--right now your service is blocked, and so are many of my students!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  8. enter pictures as questions

What is missing in the picture?
    What is the sum (difference)? In the arithmetic of binary numbers it is better to ask students in the formal way (the numbers aligned on top of each other)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  9. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow bulk selection of polls.

I've just finished creating 22 groupings, each with about 25 polls in them. Man is my clicking finger tired. It would be great to be able to do a ctrl + scroll or something like that.

Thanks in advance,
    Tim.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can now bulk select polls by selecting all polls in a group or the ungrouped section by clicking the checkbox to the right of a group title or by using the “select” links at the top.

You can also edit multiple polls at once using the “edit multiple” button. More info here: blog.polleverywhere.com/edit-multiple-polls/

11. Have the free access work after 12pm est.

The program works great in the morning, but after lunch it's pretty much worthless. Do I have to buy the $50 membership to have it work properly all the time? Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Change your "Received at" Reporting

It currently records it as something like "09/07/11 @ 11:37:11 AM" which is good for American audiences who will not ever sort their data in a spreadsheet by who responds the quickest. I would recommend changing it to "2011/09/07 1137:11 hrs" or for a pm time "2011/09/07 1437:11 hrs"

This now allows anyone to sort the date/time stamp with an excel spreadsheet in the correct way from the largest time amount, year, and descending appropriately to seconds. The 24 hour time stamp has to be used to eliminate the need for am/pm which a spreadsheet will not easily use.

If…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Darren,

We made some changes to the way response dates and times are displayed. The new format (only slightly different) will now be recognized as a date by excel.

13. Powerpoint

I'd love to see something that we could use in powerpoint almost like a ticker, where students could text in questions and they would appear on the screen as they are sent. This could incorporate twitter too. When a student has a question they don't have to wait for me to finish a thought, they just text it in and it appears, and I can answer at the end of a slide or thought.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there – we got your suggestion this morning and though it was such a great idea that we just built it in the last hour. Check it out, it’s called a “Free Text Poll”, and you can create one from the “New Poll” page:

http://www.polleverywhere.com/my/polls/new

It also works in PowerPoint and Keynote of course.

Just kidding. We built this back in 2008. It’s pretty rad. Gets better every year.

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can now select all of the polls in a group with the checkbox that appears next to the group title.

Then, you just hit the “Download as… PPT / PPTX” button in the menu bar, and we’ll deliver a PowerPoint deck with all those polls in it.

16. Streamline the Student Registration Process

As I understand it, registering a student is currently a 3-step process including 1) students register 2) students certify their phone 3) students register as a voter on the teacher's account.

Despite taking class time to register kids and even making a "how to" video to help kids with the process, still a huge number of them miss one part (normally the "register as a voter" part) and I end up spending a considerable amount of time walking them through the process individually.

Perhaps a "register as a student" option where kids would be automatically walked through the process would…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Currently distributing your participation link (found via participants tab under “invite…” tab) will lead students through this process

17. allow default options to be changed and saved

almost every poll I create is a free response intended for registered participants (I am a teacher) and I check all of the "how you can respond" . As far as I know, I have to check these boxes each time I make a poll which isn't a huge deal, but it does slow things down a bit.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Make organizing participants easier

I want to be able to organize my students in groups and teams

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow deleting multiple participants

instead of having to delete one at a time, which is taking me for ever.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Instructions button on the Free Text (open ended) poll

I just noticed that the "Show Instructions" button appears on the Multiple Choice poll, but not the Free Text poll...

Any way we can have the "Show Instructions" button on the Free Text poll as well?

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base