Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Sort poll responses by last names

I sometimes use poll responses to take attendance, the roster on Canvas is ranked by the last name, it would be very helpful if the poll responses can be sorted by students' last names.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Moderation queueing for live Q&A's.

The organization I work for runs a large scale live Q&A each week, and I moderate the questions for the speaker. When working with 30-40 questions to moderate, scrolling back and forth, rereading, and aligning my mouse with the next questions can be tricky while also anticipating when the presenter will finish their answer so I can display the next question. I'd love to be able to identify the next relevant questions, add it to a queue, and have a button that sends the next question forward when ready. This wouldn't have to replace how current moderation is done, but…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Poll response layout: Increase number of responses on screen by moving the voting "thumbs"

Move voting "thumbs" to side to allow more results on the screen at one time. The current (new) format displays the response as a tile with the "voting thumbs" underneath the response text. This effectively halves the number of responses that can be displayed. Please give the option to have the voting thumbs moved to the same line as a the response or simply revert to the old format which allowed more responses to be displayed at one time.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! I will be taking this back to our team for review. I did want to let you know that there is a there is a scrolling feature that allows you to view more responses, but I will still let our team know about your concerns. Thank you again for your submission! 

4. Fix bug in Powerpoint for Win Plugin

Please fix the bug introduced on Windows 11 in the latest plugin - the "presented" poll is bigger than the slide. You can also simply resize it but that's a ton of work across multiple slide decks that will have to be redone if this is fixed in the next update. You can also follow this workaround for the times you are presenting:
    https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260801550929-Activities-spilling-off-the-presentation-screen

Neither is a good solution, please fix the bug.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix Bug in Text Wall Display - Creeping Slow Display of Responses

The new visual settings for free text response polls require a choice among text wall, word cloud, and spotlight. Questions created before the change don't have a selection and seem to default to spotlight. Both spotlight and text wall display responses at a creeping slow pace that is unusable. Setting the effect speed to highest makes no difference to this problem. Explicitly selecting text wall or spotlight also doesn't improve the display speed. Please restore something akin to the prior quick display of responses on a text wall as the default!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add Italian local number

hello, i'd like if possible an italian local number, so participants do not incur in excessive rates when answering to the various activities. Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! Please see this support article regarding international text messaging and SMS response. I would also recommend you talk to your carrier, many times when a charge is incurred it is due to the carrier's rates or policies. With that being said, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@polleverywhere.com if you are still encountering any issues. Thank you so much and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. 

7. Be able to amend the Q&A working when there are no questions

When presenting Q&A and there are no questions pending, the message says "Nobody has Responded yet. Hang tight! Responses are coming in" however it would be great to be able to customise that as we always hide the questions once they have been answered so it looks like we didn't get any!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Facilitate export of poll questions by modifying Executive Summary Report csv layout

Exporting poll questions to a plain text format would be very useful to instructors who want to create summative paper-and-pencil assessments using their PE questions. Currently the only export option (at least for those without university-wide or enterprise accounts) is to download an executive summary report, but that still requires deleting many columns and rows, and copying the questions over to the same column as the response options. A dedicated poll question export feature would be the best solution, but in its absence, a slight modification to the layout of Executive Summary csv reports would make those reports much more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Tags for Activities

Our university just started using Poll Everywhere for all faculty. Sharing activities is a breeze but it would be great if we could add tags or some other identifier to activities. I see a comment that a new search functionality is on the development roadmap. It would be great if some sort of tagging feature could be included to allow for easy sharing and search of activities between team members. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow presenters or moderators to answer questions by writing on the Q&A

It will be great to be able to answer the questions that the instructor cannot answer live directly in the Q&A activity. This also allows to have a TA answering the questions during the lecture.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Automated Polling & Trivia

Enable polling that is automated and does not have to be manually advanced. USE CASE: I would like to have trivia on screen as people enter the room. Polls would be active for 20-30 seconds. Respondents would have 5-10 seconds to answer. After time expires, it can either reveal the answer or just tabulate the answer and move to the next question. You could have it pull from a categories as service (for a fee) or people could enter their own trivia questions for free.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Create a role below admin

Hi, Can you create a role below admin who has can see all users and their polls, but cannot create accounts?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have the show results chart hidden by default.

I know that you can toggle this on/off, but for brand new polls the default is always to show the results. It would be nice if it this was set to default to hide the chart, then after you move on to the next slide after showing the chart, it would reset it back to hiding results.

In my experience, we have never wanted to show the results as answers come in.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are looking into a few ways to do this. Our current plan is to have a “workflow” that you could customize and setup for all of the polls on your account. And we would follow that flow as you click the right arrow key while presenting. So, the poll would start with the chart hidden then

hidden chart and active poll > lock the poll > show the chart > show the correct answer > go to the next poll

Does that sound like something that would work for you?

14. Create a setting to disable drag-and-drop in the poll list

I have a number of faculty who use tablet computers to interact with Poll Evferywhere. They are not allowed to install apps due to administration and security issues, so they interact with Poll Everywhere using a web browser. The problem is that they have to use the touch screen to scroll around the page, and very often they will accidentally pick up and drag a poll to a different group, or just rearrange the polls in the group.

Is there a way to add a check box or account setting to disable this drag and drop feature when using a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble with this! I spoke with our engineering lead for our My Polls list and we should be able do something for this. We got this in our backlog of work and hopefully will have a solution soon.

I’m not sure if we will add a checkbox or account setting to purely disable the drag-n-drop to reorder. I expect to either add a delay that requires pressing down on a poll for several seconds to enable the drag functionality or we will make it so that dragging on happens on a specific part of the screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

15. Does Poll Everywhere intend to create an email-alert list for admins that announces performance issues and outages? While the status page is

Does Poll Everywhere intend to create an email-alert list for admins that announces performance issues and outages? While the status page (https://status.polleverywhere.com/) is quite helpful, it would be more helpful to also have an email-alert list for admins when issues like this occur so we can be proactive and contact our users to let them know about these issues. Solely relying on the status page is not ideal since admins will either have to monitor it regularly to keep aware of issues, or, in the lease ideal case, admins will have to check the status page whenever a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can understand this completely Joe. We subscribe to multiple type lists ourselves. We are currently finishing up a process of changing services for all of our support and email services which has put a pause on introducing more support features until that settles down.

This is definitely something we plan on implementing, I’ll bring this up to the team and see about when and some of the details for how.

16. Easier access to Alt text fields when using graphics in questions and answer options.

Just discovered how to access Alt text fields when using graphics in questions and answer options. In these days of WCAG standards and focus on Accessibility, we should not have to go into the backend, through My Settings and find the non-intuitively labelled "Features Lab" as the way in to find and choose to turn on "Image alt-text". This needs to be built into your Poll creation interface in a more intuitive and UX-friendly way. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add a sorting or categorising question type

I would like to suggest the addition of a sorting or categorising question type

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Would it be possible to save different branded response page / usernames under my profile

Would it be possible to save different branded response page / usernames under my profile as I create a few different ones for different divisions of a client and presently have to delete the current one and overwrite with a newly created one for every different event?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Would it be possible to make the image bigger on the users screen – taking up half the width ranged left looks so odd?

Would it be possible to make the image bigger on the users screen – taking up half the width ranged left looks so odd?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Participants able to change answers to all questions during a live presentation

Participants able to change answers (including open ended comments) to all questions during a live presentation AND not just the particular question being presented at the time

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas