Skip to content

Ideas

363 results found

1. A bit more freedom on username choice for entry level plans

As soon as we have used our username (shared with audience) we are forced, in order to be sure nobody can see what we are preparing next, to generate a new name because some user may randomly try to connect again and, with some luck access questions when we are doing some test…

Would it be possible, as soon as you start to pay, to give a bit of freedom in the username selection? Maybe, for basic account (like the one I use) forcing one word but give freedom on number?

Another way could be to add an option who…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Increase the size of the marker on the Emotion Scale

The marker on the Emotion Scale is to small to see. Can the size of it be increased? Or is there someway that a tally can be seen under each "smile/frown" so that the audience can see how many of them are happy/sad/angry etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Option to select the folder in LMS grades or participation can be pushed

It would be great if we were able to select the gradebook folder we want to push the poll everywhere grades to. Right now, it goes in gradebook, but we manually have to move it to the folder we created with the weight. We are using Brightspace D2L.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Segregated data collection based on which sub-user is logged in to the PPT plug-in

Let's say I had eight sub-users on my account and a group of questions that I want all of them to be able to ask, potentially in parallel classrooms running at the same time, but only see displayed their own results (excluding the responses gathered by the other seven sub-users). Today I have to copy the group of questions to each sub-user account and build eight separate PowerPoint decks (which is ugly, since now I'd have eight decks to maintain instead of one).

In a corporate environment, it would be really, really useful to build one PowerPoint deck and have…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the feedback!

It’s a pretty difficult issue to solve/account for, and we’re not sure that in all situations it would be the best approach. That said, it’s something we’ve also considered.

The main issue is that the way our system works is it assigns specific, unique codes to each of your multiple-choice options. If you try to use the same poll question multiple times, we would have to somehow create copies of the poll question on the fly, then serve them instantly to the new presenter’s audience.

This is an awesome idea, but to make something like this work at the moment, we’d have to change some of how our system works and also dedicate a lot of development time into creating this possibility.

5. Integrate with leading mobile event apps

Offer an integration with leading event app companies (ex. EventBase, DoubleDutch, QuickMobile) for an advanced mobile polling experience

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Flush participants off a keyword

I would like the ability to force every participant off of a keyword. We use P.E. at events where we have multiple meetings (or classes if you are an educator) starting at the same time. The moderator (or teacher) tells the audience to log in to the keyword - say SessionA - at the start of the program.

We have an open ended poll open to send questions directly to the moderator. What shows up is not only "SessionA" from people who were still logged into the keyword, but also "SessionB", C, and D from people who are in another…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Presenters to custom a daily unlock, lock and clear

If one poll or survey is being used for multiple sessions, instead of manually going to My Polls every time to clear responses, to have a feature of creating a recurring auto-unlock, auto-lock and auto-clear responses for polls and surveys (an alarm clock feature)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Is there a way to show a count of all responses that are the same in open ended polls or word clouds?

I love the open ended feature in my classes and the word cloud visualization as well. It would be nice though if we could see the actual count of how many people responded with the same answer. For instance, if I put a definition up in my lecture, it'd be great to have a count of how many people answered correctly. Obviously, right now I'm just using a multiple choice question, but sometimes I'd prefer to see if they can remember without the right answer up there to cue their memory.
    Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Notification that survey of a non-live presentation was responded to.

We use a survey of quiz questions after someone has viewed a video presentation. Would like to have notification that the survey was taken.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add more color to word clouds

I use your word cloud option regularly but find the colors quite drab which is disappointing for an option which is inherently visual. Currently I can only control the color of the two most popular responses. I don't need to be able to choose the color of individual words, but it would be great to be able to request a more vivid color palate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll run this by our visual engineering team who work on our animations (like the word cloud). I know that in the past this was difficult for us to add more customization to the word cloud responses. The technology we used only supported 20 different color options and adding our own customization threatened the loading speed. We’ve made some significant progress in our loading time, so it may be more viable today.

Thanks for bringing this up!

11. Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow presenting slides on iOS that were created on a PC/mac

Right now the only way to present a poll on the iOS version of PowerPoint is to create the poll on iOS.

Per your support article, "Only polls created on the iPad will work in PowerPoint for iPad. This means if you’re copying over a presentation to the iPad, you will need to re-create all of its polls."

This seems like a gigantic oversight in functionality, or at least in letting users know about it. Presenting on iPad is one thing, authoring on it is another very different matter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We made some recent changes to our Office 365 integration (which is the version of Office used on iOS). These changes will let you log into your Poll Everywhere account and insert polls that you created previously. So, you do not need to “recreate” poll questions, but you will need to reinsert them into your PowerPoint presentation.

Office 365 for iPad works on a completely different architecture than our desktop PowerPoint app, so the two are not interchangeable for now.

That said, there is a way to do this but it means using the Office 365 App from the get go. If you have Office 365 on your desktop, you can create the poll questions from our Office 365 App and then open the deck on your iPad. Here’s a bit how:

1. open PowerPoint on your desktop
    2. click Insert → Add-ins → store → find the Poll Everywhere…

13. Gradebook Reports Enhancements

For grading, reports are very limited currently. Here are some crucial features that are badly needed, in particular for cvs download.

Include information of what group the poll was part of.

Include information of when the poll was administered.

Be able to control the order of polls (columns), especially chronologically when the polls were administered.

Be able to group polls in sessions.

Use case:
    Every class I give three polls. My students get one point per poll up to a possible total of 3. They also get one attendance point if they answered at least one of the polls (no…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely understand the frustration here. Our Gradebook reports were mostly designed to be exported into an LMS (Blackboard, Canvas etc..). It does break down a bit when you are looking at a larger number of polls, especially across multiple groups or multiple courses.

One thing that I would recommend is to instead use our Response Pivot Table Report and export that to CSV. That will include the group title, several timestamps of the responses, and more. It isn’t ideal, but would be my best suggestion for now.

14. Allow the poll timer to activate when using the mobile app.

For many reasons, I do not embed the poll questions in my presentation, but prefer to "push" the poll questions to the audience while showing a different presentation slide. With the embedded poll slides/desktop version, the timer for a question will activate and then lock the poll. However, when the mobile app is used, the timer for the poll will not activate. It would be nice to either have it activate the timer or give a timer start option within the mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow students to submit open-ended answers to a question, and then allow the class to choose the correct answer from the submissions

For those who have played the game Fibbage, this idea will sound familiar, because it's an ingenious way of making classroom quizzes fun.

I'd love to see a feature where students would be allowed to submit an answer to a question. After all submissions are received, they appear on the screen in addition to the correct answer. Students must select the correct answer from among all of the submissions.

What makes this a game and much more fun is that kids are encouraged to submit clever (but ultimately incorrect) "fake" answers to try to fool the other students and prevent…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Results presentation per participant

I am using polls in my teaching and that would be great if i could present Survey responses per participant and not question by question,
    For example: If survey has four question a, b, c, d and there are 2 participants X, Y I want to present first responses to all questions submitted by X, then all responses submitted by Y.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Ability to refresh placeholder image on google slides.

Currently, placeholder images are not changeable, and if I change the wording of my pollev question after creating a slide, the placeholder image on that slide will be inconsistent with the question shown in the live presentation.

I'd suggest adding a refresh option in the context menu of the image. That is, I'd like to right click the image, select "refresh pollev image" and then the image would refresh to reflect the latest status of the linked pollev question.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display results below the question (where everybody expects them) rather than above

After the submission of the response, the results for the responses of all other respondents are displayed above the question. This is highly problematic on a smartphone because on a small screen, the respondent does not notice that the content above the question (which is not visible on a small screen) has changed. Moreover, showing the results on such an unexpected place forces the respondents to scroll back to have a look at the answers. I would like to move the results from the top to the bottom of the page (below instead of above the question) to make sure…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Include poll number at start of screenshot filenames

When I create folders of polls, I put them in the order I want. I then download screenshots of the polls in each folder. When I do so, I want the polls to stay in the same order. In the old way of generating screenshots, the poll number was included at the start of the filename. I would like this functionality restored.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Using Keynote on the iPad as a Keynote Remote to the Keynote presentation on another device

I am often presenting using Apples Keynote and I really like the real-time integration of PollEv results in my slides. Especially nowadays with lots of online presentations I am using my iPad with Keynote as Keynote Remote because I can use the Apple Pencil as marker on the slides. It would be great if the results of my polls would also integrate into slides when presenting via Keynote Remote (iPad) on my Mac.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 6 8 10 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?