Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. For multiple choice, there should be a gradebook report option to count multiple correct answers.

For multiple choice, there should be a gradebook report option to actually count multiple correct answers. Currently, if someone chooses any correct answer, they get a point awarded, and if they choose two correct answers, they still just get one point awarded. But it makes more sense to have an option (maybe through a tick-box on the question itself) that multiple correct answers should aggregate scores. So if there are two correct answers, each worth one point, someone who chooses just one should get one point, but someone who chooses both should get two points. (This should also come with…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How to tell whether moderation is enabled on an old poll

When I'm preparing a lecture with power point and re-using existing open-ended polls, I want to check whether or not moderation is enabled. To do that, I log into polleverywhere.com, find that poll, select "moderation" (under "configure"), select "open moderation," select "settings," and THEN I can see whether or not moderation is on. There's got to be an easier way.

Since there's already a category "moderation" under the "configure" tab, and it allows us to turn on and off the profanity filter and emoji filter there, it seems it shouldn't be too hard to add a switch that allows us…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow reports to be created from subsets of multiple folders OR allow for deletion of individual questions from a report

Currently, one has the option either to create a report from one or more selected folders, OR to create a report from selected questions within a single folder. However, when teaching, it's not always possible to get through all the intended material in a given session, so sometimes a particular class will cover the end of one topic and the beginning of another topic. If one is (reasonably) sorting polling questions into folders by topic, there's a good chance that one will need to generate a report for a particular day that includes some polls from folder A and other…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remove/Move "Activity Title Hidden" Message on Response Screen

I am using the option to hide the activity titles on the participants' devices to help encourage attendance. Having the option is great and it is quite effective. Enabling this option, however, puts a fairly large message "Activity title hidden, etc." that takes up a lot of the device screen above the question options, sometimes requiring users to scroll to see all options. Is it possible to have an option to remove this message (or at least display below the answer choices) so that students can see the answer choices immediately and not need to scroll? I don't think users…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ignore anonymous polls when creating report

Currently, if you select a folder with multiple polls in it to create a report from, if one of them was set to record answers anonymously, the report creation simply fails and tells you that it couldn't do it because there was an anonymous poll. It would make a lot more sense for it to ignore the anonymous poll and succeed in creating a report from the others (and provide a warning message that it didn't include the anonymous polls). Currently, the only work-around is to go into the folder and select each non-anonymous poll by hand. You can't…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Schedule and automate clear responses

It would be super helpful and save time manually clearing responses it if was possible to, in advance, schedule and automate this task. There would need to be a handful of options, but my team would love to be able to do things like:
    -Set responses to clear on an annual date/time (e.g., Sept 1 every year)
    -Set responses to clear after a certain amount of time from the first response (e.g., 48 hours after first response)
    -Set responses to clear after a regular interval (e.g., clear responses every month)
    This also would be a useful option to alleviate frustrations…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We don't currently have scheduling for clearing responses in our product roadmap, but we will definitely bring that feedback to our Product team. We do currently offer a bulk clear option so that you can clear the responses of multiple activities at once. Here is a support article that provides more information on how to do that. 

7. Improvements to sharing activities (sharing responses and clearing authority)

My unit specializes in asynchronous online courses, and we are usually using either the "embed code" or "response link" to place a PollEV activity onto a webpage in our LMS. Because we use a team-based course development approach, where an instructional designer often creates the activities and builds the course, but an instructor does the actual teaching, this creates challenges with clearing responses as needed between deliveries. We are not able to have instructors (often teaching for subsequent terms, long after the initial course build) clear responses on the PollEV activities. This creates extra maintenance work for the ID who…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Automatic DEactivation of final poll question on PowerPoint slide advance, and greater flexibility for automatic deactivation

It would be extremely helpful if there were an option to deactivate a poll question upon advancing to the next non-poll slide in a PowerPoint presentation, without exiting presenter mode. (Currently a poll only deactivates if the next slide is also a poll; that means the final poll is left active if no intentional action is taken.) That way I wouldn't have to remember to manually lock the last poll before moving onto the next (non-poll) slide of my PowerPoint, thus reducing the number of moving parts I have to think about when teaching/presenting. It's an entirely common-sense suggestion, and…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Visual settings for clickable image - Add an option to replace pin with another sign

In clickable image question type, add an option to change the pin to another image (for example check mark, heart etc') or by uploading an image. Right now the only thing that can be customized in the pin color.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! We do have plans to change the shape from a pin to a filled in circle for better accessibility and readability for the audience. This will continue to allow color customization, but does not include customizing the shape. Although that is a very interesting idea that we'll discuss as a team.

10. Add Activities to Reports

Add the ability to add an activity to a report. To streamline using Poll Everywhere to take attendance, if I could create one report for attendance and then add my new attendance activity to the report and update the report.

Currently, the only way we found to make this work was to create a folder with all attendance activities for the entire semester. However, this ends up showing students as failing because the percentage is taking into account all of the activities - even those never run.

I'd like a simple way to take attendance and sync it to my…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Using Keynote on the iPad as a Keynote Remote to the Keynote presentation on another device

I am often presenting using Apples Keynote and I really like the real-time integration of PollEv results in my slides. Especially nowadays with lots of online presentations I am using my iPad with Keynote as Keynote Remote because I can use the Apple Pencil as marker on the slides. It would be great if the results of my polls would also integrate into slides when presenting via Keynote Remote (iPad) on my Mac.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make it more obvious that you need to mark an answer as correct

I'm a new user. When I went to create my first polls, I assumed that the answers had all been automatically marked as correct because there were check marks next to each of them. The result was all kinds of problems. My polls didn't work at all.

I didn't realize that I needed to click a check mark to create a green background and mark the answer as correct. That interface behavior is not standard and not obvious.

Suggestions:

1. Provide two clickable options, with a check mark for correct and an "X" for incorrect. Then it should be far more…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Q & A question type - make 'load new responses' refresh button either more contrast or larger

Currently, I didn't realize there was this 'Load New Responses' button as an audience member on the Q & A question after I submitted my response. See screenshot.

Might be helpful to make it larger or a different color or bolder border around button.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Move QR codes out of Beta

The QR code feature has been in the beta feature for like 3 years now, but is now even more indispensable when students are responding to polls from a mobile device maybe in addition to accessing live teaching remotely on their computer. How about mainstreaming this and making it an easier/default feature for already time-poor and high-stressed lecturers? Instructions for the Beta route: https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260804261070-QR-codes

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Segmented polls for responses across groups

A colleague described a use case that I think would be great for PollEv but that isn't yet supported. This colleague's goal was to do a "fist of 5" exercise across a large number of participants in a meeting, but to segment that response by teams. For example, someone could select which team they're in and also respond to the question, and the responses could be grouped according to the selection on that question.

Implementation-wise, I think this could be accomplished by allowing someone to add a "segmentation" or "grouping" or similar to an activity's settings for viewing the results,…

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support for Searching/Filtering Activities

Maybe I am just missing it I do not see a way to search or filter activities. Just a title based search would be extremely helpful. Please add a search functionality to Activities page.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Default the PPT presentation back to the Instructions tab automatically after clearing responses (versus the Correctness tab)!!

When an instructional designer creates a PE question and adds it to PPT, it seems that the system automatically displays the last-viewed tab at the bottom of the PE slide when ran through in real-time. That means, that if an instructor did a 'dry run' of the presentation to 'practice,' there is a good chance the last-viewed slide is the Correctness tab or answer slide. It would be great if we could add a quick popup upon clearing responses if the system could ask something like, "Would you like to update the last-viewed slide to the Instructions tab and clear…

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the great feedback! We totally understand the pain point here. If you head to Account settings > Activity settings, you'll find the option to set the default to showing instructions vs results. 

I've shared your feedback internally and we're reviewing the option to add a confirmation message.

18. Make it possible to use Poll Everywhere in a Slack workflow, for daily morning poll for example

It would be nice to be able to use Poll Everywhere in a Slack workflow. My team would like to use this feature to launch morning poll asking about the priorities of the day. It would be the best solution for us, rather than a regular post, as it would make it automated (send this question every Monday morning ie) and would be easy super easy to fill for the team.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Answers in multiple choice with Latex parts are shown in much larger font. Why?

Why do answers in multiple choice questions with latex ($$ text $$) parts show up in much larger fonts? There seems to be no way to control that. I notice that, in your online instructions for using latex to do math at https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260801547070-Math-equations-and-science-formulas, the resulting displayed question has the same problem - the font size for answers with latex is much bigger. Very distracting.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Include poll number at start of screenshot filenames

When I create folders of polls, I put them in the order I want. I then download screenshots of the polls in each folder. When I do so, I want the polls to stay in the same order. In the old way of generating screenshots, the poll number was included at the start of the filename. I would like this functionality restored.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas