Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Slide advance, rather than toggle, to reveal responses for open-ended, word cloud, click-the-photo and ranking activities

Would be possible to have the 3-slide series insertion option for open-ended, word cloud, click-the-photo and ranking activities. I'm often teaching in a room where I'm sharing my screen and getting my mouse to the screen so that I can toggle between instructions and responses is cumbersome and clunky. The slide series (even just the first 2 slides of the 3) where I can present the instructions and launch the poll, then advance my slide deck to see the responses (once I the # is high enough) is invaluable. Could you modify open-ended, word cloud, click-the-photo and ranking activities to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Response details during polls

The current version of Poll Everywhere has removed a key feature, response details (poll attempted to total registered) students during live polling. This is key during class interaction in large classes to find out how many have attempted and to make decisions on disclosing answers after all have attempted. Otherwise, we do not know whether students have understood the material.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for providing this feedback. I spoke with our Product Team and they noted that there is a feature to be able to show Total Results in the Visual Settings Panel (see the attached screenshot). I am not sure if this is what you are referring to but if not please do not hesitate to reach back out and let us know. I hope this helps but if you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com. 

3. Downloading Screenshots or Slides that display all responses from an activity

There doesn't seem to be a way to download screenshots or slides with all of the responses appearing on the screen. In the past, I have been able to save screenshots with all responses to an activity to share them back with teams. Current screenshots of activities do not display all of the responses on the screen, and do not seem to be able to fit the responses with the new layouts. I attached 2 screenshots...the first is a screenshot of an activity with 12 responses...the screenshot only displayed one response using the new layout. The second screenshot is from…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your submission! I reached out to our Product Team about this and they let me know that Open-Ended activities can be tricky for downloading screenshots. The best recommendation I can make is to use Word Cloud or another activity type if you know you will want to download a screenshot. I would also recommend avoiding the Text Wall or Spotlight visual settings when downloading a screenshot. I hope this helps but please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have any additional questions!

4. Please expand the character limitation.

I use Poll Everywhere during clinical medical lectures using question stems that are occasionally lengthy. This is not possible with the existing character limit and there is no other good solution to get around this.

What gives? Just remove the character limit and let us figure out the space issues. So many people have asked for this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. make 'presentation control toolbar' - persistent

It is annoying to always have to move my cursor to bottom of screen, to access the toggle buttons for instructions or responses display. Would be nice to give presenter (the option of) making this toolbar always available or never available. Thanks!

Currently, it is expected behavior to disappear as in https://support.polleverywhere.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260801546710-Instructions-view, but it would be nice to allow owner to change this for certain or all of their polls.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. fun, simple music + visuals

Please don't just 'decline' this... could you consider adding the options of a simple music track and fun visuals, in Competition mode, PLEASE! It ain't that hard (Kahoot! have been doing it for years...)

We have an institutional license for PollEverywhere, and having looked at Competition mode, I will be pushing my institution to get a license for Kahoot! instead because you don't offer these features.

A previous response to a similar suggestion has said "we just cannot commit to the cost it takes to support audio". I don't understand this at all. How costly is it to create some…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! I completely understand how additional visuals and music would be helpful in your use case. Please know I took this back internally to our Product Team for their review. We did recently make some new visual updates that includes a new colorful theme in addition to our classic blue theme, here is the link to our recent blog post that outlines many of these updates.

Again, we always appreciate feedback and new ideas. If there is anything else we can do to support in the meantime please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@polleverywhere.com. 

7. Please have boxes in PowerPoint slides more efficiently use space to accommodate more text

We frequently pose exam-like questions, which have significant question text, and sometimes significant answer foil text. These are exam-like and thus are very popular with students when we present them live using PollEverywhere. Instructors get to address misconceptions and answer questions in real time, using exam-quality questions to simulate the discussion. Because PollEverywhere limits titles to 255 characters, we use slide text to pose the question, and then minimize the PollEverywhere content. This has worked well for years, but the new display format has broken this.
    Note on the attached figure that foils fail to wrap, wasting space below. Using…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Tags for Activities

Our university just started using Poll Everywhere for all faculty. Sharing activities is a breeze but it would be great if we could add tags or some other identifier to activities. I see a comment that a new search functionality is on the development roadmap. It would be great if some sort of tagging feature could be included to allow for easy sharing and search of activities between team members. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Create a new report for measuring class attendance

Poll Everywhere already captures the date and time of a student's response. I'd love a report that shows whether a student responded to poll questions between certain times by date. I envision the report listing student's names, having columns with dates as headings, and showing the percentage of poll questions the student responded to on that date for each student. This would create a simple attendance report and would save significant time for taking attendance in large college classes. I currently use the Gradebook Report, but, since some days I ask one poll question and other days I ask 15,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! Here is a blog post that covers utilizing Poll Everywhere to take classroom attendance, this blog post has a few workarounds that might be able to help. With that being said, please know I did share your feedback with our Product team for their review. Thank you again for reaching out and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime. 

10. Facilitate export of poll questions by modifying Executive Summary Report csv layout

Exporting poll questions to a plain text format would be very useful to instructors who want to create summative paper-and-pencil assessments using their PE questions. Currently the only export option (at least for those without university-wide or enterprise accounts) is to download an executive summary report, but that still requires deleting many columns and rows, and copying the questions over to the same column as the response options. A dedicated poll question export feature would be the best solution, but in its absence, a slight modification to the layout of Executive Summary csv reports would make those reports much more…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Save original answers to a poll before allowing the participants to change their answers.

When PollEv is used for instructional/assessment purposes, the students are asked to answer a question and, if they answer it incorrectly, it would be very helpful to let them change the answer to the correct one (e.g., following a discussion) while keeping the record of original answers for assessment purposes. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to amend the Q&A working when there are no questions

When presenting Q&A and there are no questions pending, the message says "Nobody has Responded yet. Hang tight! Responses are coming in" however it would be great to be able to customise that as we always hide the questions once they have been answered so it looks like we didn't get any!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Italian local number

hello, i'd like if possible an italian local number, so participants do not incur in excessive rates when answering to the various activities. Thank you

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! Please see this support article regarding international text messaging and SMS response. I would also recommend you talk to your carrier, many times when a charge is incurred it is due to the carrier's rates or policies. With that being said, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@polleverywhere.com if you are still encountering any issues. Thank you so much and let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. 

14. Email notifications on "The poll is running low..."

I want to stop receiving emails entitled "The poll is running low...". I'm well aware of the extent/capacity of my current plan, so redundant automated notifications regarding this issue seem unnecessary.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there! Thank you so much for your feedback! I am sorry to hear that these notifications have caused an inconvenience for you. I will definitely make sure to take this feedback to our team for their review. Thank you again for providing this feedback and please let us know if there is anything else we can do to assist in the meantime! 

15. In the system, allow one to change the Response text font size in an open ended activity independently from the Title text size

In the system, allow one to change the Response text font size in an open ended activity independently from the Title text size. Jeff Aiken

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Wrap text with LaTeX formatting

Text with LaTeX formatting does not wrap in all areas and sometimes scales down to fit on a single line. Specifically, response options do not wrap.

This results in readability issues due to the small text size.

Enabling wrapping for LaTeX text in all areas will improve readability and consistency across the product.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! We are in the process of releasing our visual chart redesign. We will be addressing LaTex wrapping with this release. For now as a workaround I would recommend changing the font size to a smaller size in order for it to fit within the screen. Thank you again for providing this feedback and please do not hesitate to reach out if there is anything else we can do to help. 

17. Performance (score) notifications emailed to participants.

Overall (or % correct) score for a session (day) sent to individual email addresses of participants. In my educational application of PollEv, it would be very helpful since the students must receive feedback on their performance in each assessment AND individual scores can be revealed only to the recipients and not their classmates.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Video integration (ability to play videos alongside questions)

Video integration is useful in a learning application of activities. It creates an enhanced user experience and keeps the Poll Everywhere application competitive with other tools offered.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Being able to pull the report for a certain timeframe (not intuitive)

Being able to pull the report for a certain timeframe (not intuitive)
    Adding the option to pull the report for a certain timeframe under the report menu , since getting to them by choosing Archive to find them first is not intuitive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Creation of templated polls and quick starts

Since Poll Everywhere are considered polling experts, it would be helpful to people who are not as proficient in poll writing to have a set of common polls available that could be copied/edited. This would be a time saver and value-add for that customer group. Examples might be a sample 360, a customer survey, an fun competition. Some competitors offer this and it's a nice added-value feature to have.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas