Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Resend Participant Invite

We would like to be able to re-send invitations to imported participants.
    Participants can be sent info to complete their registration through the participant import process, but there is no way to re-send the "complete your registration email" to them once they have been imported.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. "Presenter View" support in PowerPoint

Is there any way to support presenter view in PowerPoint? I'd love to be able to see one slide ahead instead of just mirroring my presentation when I have my laptop plugged into the projector. Currently the polls display but not in the correct location on the slide...they will be off center or even overlayed on the presenter view screen instead of on the slideshow.
    Thanks!

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, this is tough. Presenter View is not specifically supported, however we do usually work with it. We do have a workaround setting that we can apply if you are using PowerPoint for Mac. If that’s the case, please contact us at support@polleverywhere.com and we can walk you through our “Force Monitor” feature.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have a similar workaround for Windows. I opened a request with our Windows Slideware team to investigate if there’s something we could do as a workaround in the short-term. Otherwise, Microsoft does not have Presenter View available in the API (integration format) that we use. So, for us to fully with Presenter View we’ll need to do some reverse engineering to figure out what kind of math the Microsoft engineers are using here. Which is just tough for us.

I’ll see what the team thinks and try to get another update on…

3. Custom size images

Would like to be able to size an image so that poll takers do not have to scroll horizontal and vertically for entire image for voting

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can look into how we determine the image size for our clickable image polls on our pollev response page. If you resize the initial image to be smaller (less tall) before uploading, that will resolve the problem. This is because we want to make the image large enough to click on and fill up the screen while keeping the same height to width ratio. So, any image that is much longer than it is tall > can result in this situation.

But, our engineers will investigate to see what we can do programmatically to prevent this or at least make it less extreme.

4. Create a setting to disable drag-and-drop in the poll list

I have a number of faculty who use tablet computers to interact with Poll Evferywhere. They are not allowed to install apps due to administration and security issues, so they interact with Poll Everywhere using a web browser. The problem is that they have to use the touch screen to scroll around the page, and very often they will accidentally pick up and drag a poll to a different group, or just rearrange the polls in the group.

Is there a way to add a check box or account setting to disable this drag and drop feature when using a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the trouble with this! I spoke with our engineering lead for our My Polls list and we should be able do something for this. We got this in our backlog of work and hopefully will have a solution soon.

I’m not sure if we will add a checkbox or account setting to purely disable the drag-n-drop to reorder. I expect to either add a delay that requires pressing down on a poll for several seconds to enable the drag functionality or we will make it so that dragging on happens on a specific part of the screen.

Thanks for the feedback!

5. Display Answers to Multiple Questions

Allow the ability to poll for question 1, then poll for question 2, and then display the answers to questions 1 & 2 next to each other.

56 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Does Poll Everywhere intend to create an email-alert list for admins that announces performance issues and outages? While the status page is

Does Poll Everywhere intend to create an email-alert list for admins that announces performance issues and outages? While the status page (https://status.polleverywhere.com/) is quite helpful, it would be more helpful to also have an email-alert list for admins when issues like this occur so we can be proactive and contact our users to let them know about these issues. Solely relying on the status page is not ideal since admins will either have to monitor it regularly to keep aware of issues, or, in the lease ideal case, admins will have to check the status page whenever a…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can understand this completely Joe. We subscribe to multiple type lists ourselves. We are currently finishing up a process of changing services for all of our support and email services which has put a pause on introducing more support features until that settles down.

This is definitely something we plan on implementing, I’ll bring this up to the team and see about when and some of the details for how.

7. Make a check box poll type for multiple boxes

I'd love to allow the clickable image to make smaller boxes to click. Currently there is no "check box" questions. I need to poll how many criteria apply to the question from my audience. Currently the UI is too cumbersome to draw 20 boxes, for example, but suitable for <8. If you look at my poll here, you could see I'm almost set up to collect tick boxes on each category, but creating that many boxes is too difficult the way the current functionality is set up

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a tricky one. I can see how you were setting it up, but it’s difficult to display that many options on a live screen.

The closest thing we currently have, that I might recommend, is to use a Survey and separate these out into several multiple choice poll questions.

Otherwise, I agree we’d need a new poll type for this sort of situation. It’s really clever idea – I wish we had a better solution for you out of the box. I’ll bring it up to our engineering team to see about feasibility.

8. Exporting results in a PPT format

Add the option of expporting results into a PPT.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you interested in getting a screenshot of the poll results into PowerPoint? Basically the same thing that we display on the live poll. Or, a report?

If a screenshot of the results, we do have a pre-built way to insert the screenshots of polls directly into a PowerPoint presentation from our PowerPoint app. Here’s how:

1. install our powerpoint app at polleverywhere.com/app
    2. once installed, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the top right of PowerPoint
    3. select Insert → Screenshot
    4. then select the poll questions that you would like to insert the screenshots for directly into PowerPoint

We have some more info here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-powerpoint-placeholder/

9. Add more color to word clouds

I use your word cloud option regularly but find the colors quite drab which is disappointing for an option which is inherently visual. Currently I can only control the color of the two most popular responses. I don't need to be able to choose the color of individual words, but it would be great to be able to request a more vivid color palate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll run this by our visual engineering team who work on our animations (like the word cloud). I know that in the past this was difficult for us to add more customization to the word cloud responses. The technology we used only supported 20 different color options and adding our own customization threatened the loading speed. We’ve made some significant progress in our loading time, so it may be more viable today.

Thanks for bringing this up!

10. Change default right/wrong point assignment

For teaching I give mostly multiple choice questions. For the wrong answer I'd like to assign 2 points and right answers I'd like to assign 4 points. I then use the export-to-canvas to send them all to my student's accounts.

I'd like to set this up by default. Currently, for every question I turn on the "assign points", and fill in the 2 for all questions but the correct one, where I fill in a 4.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted

When I'm answering a Q&A question, mark which items I've already upvoted or downvoted so I can more easily work through the list. It's also hard to understand (and explain to others) what the numbers are on the left. Perhaps a label at the top of that column would help.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry, I’m not sure I fully understand. After you up/downvote on a response to a Q&A poll → the up/down arrow should turn from white to a dark blue to indicate that you have voted. Is this not happening for you or not what you have in mind?

The numbers along the left is the “Net score” or “Net votes” which tallies the +1 and -1 votes and gives it’s overall value. I haven’t heard much confusion with the Net Score being unclear, however we will definitely test it with some folks and if we hear from more people we will add some more labeling. We’re always hesitant to add more words to clutter up the response page, but it’s important to be clear.

Thanks for the feedback!

12. Ability to delete individual responses

In a moderated event, it would be good if we could delete individual responses to preserve the 500 response count. In many cases, we have forums where we would like to allow participants to be anonymous and also to have the ability to input multiple responses, but it only takes one person in the group to ruin it for everyone else. Deleting all the responses is not a great option because it deletes the legitimate responses.

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ah, this is a tough one. Most of our pricing is based around the maximum number of responses allowed per poll question because generally larger events have a larger budget and this helps keep things fair for our customers and keeps us in business.

If we allow plans with moderation to “delete” a response and prevent it from getting recorded as a response it allows for some bad agents to game our pricing system and get a lot of “free” responses by showing them and then “deleting” them before they reach the limit. So, it’s a tradeoff for us.

We might be able to do something like giving each presenter a maximum of 5-10 “deletes” that they can use for any given poll question. That way you can remove a few bad responses that you never want to display, but prevent gaming the system.

Do you think that would work…

13. Weighted Voting

Have a way for a delegate's vote to be weighted in situations where one delegate is representing several people's vote as a proxy or maybe the president's vote has more swing so his/ her vote should count as two individual's vote.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a "MATRIX" poll

Please create a matrix poll: You ask a question, have several items for which the quesiton should be answered individually in separate rows, and then have a predefined set of possible answers, where the user is asked to respond in each row. It would be perfect if you can define, how many answers are allowed in each row. This matrix could be used for ratings (e.g. "rate these 5 presentations on scale 1 to 10" with 10 different answer options; "rate these 5 movies on a scale from "poor" - "okay" - "nice" - "great") or other questions like "how…

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Bracket for a playoff

Create ability to vote on and display winners in a bracket play off, ala NCAA basketball tournament. For example, if there was a beer tasting for 8 beers, users could select (blind or identified) favorites two beers at a time - four votes in first round, two in semifinal and one in final.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Hide responses from audience

There should be a way for the instructor to view the student responses without sharing the responses with the audience. This is important for 2 reasons. First, students will wait until others have responded and choose the most popular answer. Second, if student do poorly on a question but still don't know the answer, the instrutor can give the students another opportunity to answer the question but allow them to work in groups.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Would you typically have a second device (laptop, tablet, smartphone) on hand while you are teaching class?

You can use our Hide Results feature right now to show the instructions and answer choices, but hide the chart/results from students on the big screen. And, pair this with our mobile app or mobile website to see the results as they come in on either a secondary computer or your phone. If most of the students are getting the wrong answer > you can clear the results OR create a new question on-the-fly > and ask that right from your phone.

For details on our mobile presentation app: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/tips-and-tricks#polling-without-a-projector

And, for details on hiding the results with Instruction View: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#presenting-your-poll

17. Presenters would like to use the PollEv Mobile app remote function with the Mac Presenter

At the moment the remote functionality of the mobile app only works with the Windows Presenter. I have seen an uptick in requests to use the Mobile app remote with the PollEv Mac presenter. Posting this to gage interest of our users.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I remember when we released the Remote Control for our Windows PollEv Presenter that we looked into getting it working with Mac and there were some complications with how PowerPoint for Mac detects some of our poll settings. If there’s interest though, we can definitely look into the problem with fresh eyes and see what we can do

18. Add Back Button to LiveSlides PowerPoint add-in

LiveSlides doesn't have a back button but it needs one! This would allow someone to be able to follow a hyperlink on a website but still get back to the original webpage. Without it, I can't figure out how to get back.

I'd like to use LiveSlides within a self-guided PowerPoint to flip the classroom, and I want students to be able to do a simple research project but easily move forward with the presentation when they are finished.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add sound to the countdown timer

Can you put in some sound options when the countdown timer gets to 00:00. I have a couple of audience members who are colorblind and several have said that hearing a bell would let them know that time was up, if they weren't looking at the screen

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Is your audience generally responding by the web on their phones or are they responding by text message?

I ask because we have a longterm goal (hopefully sometime this year) to add the countdown time to the web response page on the audience’s phone and to have this timer work with screenreader and other accessibility devices. Do you think that would solve the problem?

20. Track time to submit a response

It would be great to have a feature to measure how long it takes for someone to submit a response to a poll question. We are thinking of it in the context of a clickable image poll where we would ask the participant to find something in the image and see how long it takes them to do so.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That could be cool and an interesting piece of data for folks. I’m not sure how many people would really be interested though.

Do you think it would work if we only displayed this on the CSV (Excel) download our reports? We have limited space available on the web view and I don’t think we can fit this without sacrificing a lot.

Otherwise, the closest thing we can easily track is the amount of time that has elapsed since the poll was made active until the response was received. This won’t always be accurate because a presenter could activate/deactivate and re-activate a single poll question during a presentation but should generally be accurate.

Would that be enough for y’all?

1 2 9 11 13 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base