Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Remove capitals from PollEv.com/xyz on presentation view

Audience members sometimes ask if the P & E have to be capitals and iI suspect others unnecessarily type capitals when they first visit PollEv.com/xyz. I'd prefer it to say "Respond at pollev.com/xyz". It's a small thing but every little helps with an audience's first time use.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Build in the essential function of peer-instruction--partnering students with people who have different answers. There is substantial work t

Build in the essential function of peer-instruction pedagogy-partnering students with people who have different responses. There is substantial empirical evidence in research that supports peer instruction pedagogy--when students are not given the answer but have to work it out with someone who might think differently from them. It improves depth and transfer of learning.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. allow html / links on wait screen description

Is it possible to allow html (specifically <a href="www.blah.com>click here for agenda</a>) onto the wait screen description?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Formatting for competiton questions

Competition questions:

1) Remove the pollev.com message at the top of the screen (replace with custom url message)

2) Screen Names
    a) ability to toggle off random screen names ?
    b) ability to toggle random names to numbered names (guest 1, guest 2, etc…) ?
    c) ability for admin user to provide alternate list of “client appropriate” random names (for non – registered users)

3) Option to not allow duplicate “user entered” screen names (sorry, that name is already taken for this session)

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add ability for admins to import open-ended & Q/A answers.

Allow admins to import open-ended answers given by participants in a previous poll. This will allow for more possibilities with the participants input and would save time on the backend where we would not need to manually resubmit all answers.

Alternatively, provide option when duplicating a poll, to also copy over existing answers. Furthermore, having the ability after said duplication, to change from "open-ended" to "Q & A".

Example use-case:
    -Participants submit questions to one open-ended poll throughout a weeklong event.
    -Attendees will be split into two groups on the final day, two different general sessions.
    -During each general session…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Would be great to utilize the participant groups to designate specific polls, and/or generate reports for polls to identify groups.

this would help to exclusively limit responses to people who are registered for specific classes, and/or be able to vote during meetings attended by both voting and non-voting members.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Deafult Option for Everyone - No Restriction Vs Restricted to Registrants

Default Option on a profile to set each new question created to for Everyone - No Restriction Vs Restricted to Registrants and VV. Right now we have to set that for each question we create manually, but it would be great to be able to change the default Audience Restriction based on what Poll questions I'm trying to build or what audience, as not all audiences are students or users of Poll Everywhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Improve the visualization and understanding of the survey - Add Subtitles between the Questions

Improve the visualization and understanding of the survey - Add Subtitles between the Questions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Speeding up competitions (less clicks, more automation)

(1) If everyone answered the question it could be locked and (if selected) the timer doesn't have to count down any further. What are we waiting for?

(2) I would like to go to the 'correct answer page' automatically after the question is locked. By then we've seen it long enough. This could reduce another unnecessary click as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Schedule Lock/Unlock to the minute

Currently, the Schedule Lock/Unlock feature only allows 5 minute increments. It would be nice to have this go to the minute. We want to set specific quizzes to be locked at 11:59pm and currently have to do 11:55 which is a problem

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. When I advance past an embedded poll in PowerPoint, deactivate the poll

Basically what the title says - it's really slick that a poll activates as soon as I move to its slide in PowerPoint, but when I advance to the next slide after the poll, the poll remains active and people may still be responding. I'd like to see it where it's only active while the poll's slide is being presented.

25 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a tough one. We’ve had a couple other folks ask for this as well. There’s a couple reasons we’ve been reluctant to make this change
    - first, we really want to make sure that the audience is able to reply. Getting that feedback is the core part of our service so we try to be more lenient in that direction vs. harder time restrictions
    - second, it’s fairly common (and easy) for presenters to accidentally skip forward a slide and then go back. And, we don’t want to

Those are the two big ones. We could add a toggle to switch whether we default to de-activate when you leave a poll slide. However, it’s a lot more complexity and a bit risky for us to maintain two different versions for how Activation works since it is such a core part of our entire workflow.

So, it’s certainly not…

12. Allow group members to clear response data

In academic uses of Poll Everywhere, a lot of instructors have teaching assistants who help them to collaborate and share polls. We use the "groups" feature for this but one thing that TAs do not have access to do with grouped polls that they did not create is clear response data. This would be a great setting, for example, "Allow group members to clear response data for this poll" to enable for groups.

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I understand completely. Yes. These sorts of Permissions and Collaboration features are really important and can also get complicated for us. The largest issue is just that it varies from presenter to presenter as to whether they want to allow others to do things like Clear Results.

For now, we are defaulting to prevent other users on the account from clearing or performing any other permanent/destructive actions on another person’s polls.

We have a few different initiatives in progress that should hopefully begin to address these sorts of issues, however introducing a more complex permissions system is a long project for us.

So, please stay tuned and thank you very much for the suggestion! We appreciate it and will do our best to post here and keep you all updated as we build more toward a multi-user and collaborative world.

13. Need for seamless open ended polls

I really miss the opportunity to make a openended session (e.g. wordcloud) seamless.
    As it is now it is all to much of a mess to moderate incomming words. As I understand it I need an extra device to moderate "on the fly"?
    Why not make a sollution that one can make on the computer one uses anyway?
    I suggest split screens.
    br
    Ole S. Mikkelsen
    associate professor

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Simultaneous live polls or at least copy polls between accounts

My project team has multiple accounts because we sometimes need to have multiple live polls happening simultaneously, and PollEv doesn't support this from one account. Problem is that the polls are now located in multiple places making management of the polls and data tedious, and there isn't a way to duplicate polls from one account to another. There's got to be a better way.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! Adding the time element to the Change Answer feature was a tricky decision for us, but was a response to issues we had where participants were interrupting presentations by deleting their responses at moments while the presenter was specifically addressing them.

I’ll bring this up for our design and engineering team and see what it might take to make that an editable setting. We just always try to strike a balance between simplicity and customization to keep things understandable.

16. Participants able to change answers to all questions during a live presentation

Participants able to change answers (including open ended comments) to all questions during a live presentation AND not just the particular question being presented at the time

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Splitting of single competition

Is it possible to split a single competition into two or three across the presentation, and then the final leaderboard we get, is updated to collate the score of all?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display deviation and mean on slides

functionality to display aggregate information, such as deviation or mean, on the poll slide.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. re-order questions

This is particularly important for me as I use the iOS app during class. I am surprised there isn't a feature to re-order my questions in my groups so that when I arrow at the top to scroll from poll to poll, they appear on my screen in the correct order as they are show on the board in the classroom so that I can manage the poll live rather than have to go back to the main page and select the question from the list again (maybe this is already capable and I haven't been able to figure it…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Respondents should be able to see their overall score upon completion of a graded survey

For example, if the respondent were to complete a five-question graded survey, they should see an 'overall score' page after completing the last question. This page should show their score and possibly allow them to retake the test or at least view the questions/answers.

Currently, after the end user completes a graded survey, there is no way for them to know what their overall score was. The administrator can view this information in a graded report, but they must manually pull the data and send it to the respondent.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas