Skip to content

Ideas

363 results found

1. Presenters would like to be able to accept Latex responses in open ended polls.

University users love Latex, and they would like to get the students in on the action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Support split view on iPad app

Please support split view on the iPad! 8 currently project my iPad to a classroom and use the app Perfect Browser, which has a video out mode wherein the iOS interface is hidden and only the content of the web page is shown. If PE supported split view, I could keep it on the right side of my iPad screen and see poll results without showing them to the students.

I sincerely hope the PE developers can add this!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. LaTeX equations and AMSMATH package

LaTeX equations are truly awesome! However, most math geeks auto-include the package amsmath. More symbols. Better display. Is that possible? Right now we can use PollEverywhere for most Calculus, Linear Algebra and Diff Eq courses, but "amsmath" would mean we could use PollEV in every undergraduate math course and even most grad level courses, too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please consider adding a New Zealand texting number (0064)

Yes we can text to the Aussie number, but my students will not be able to afford the international txting fee for an 0061 number.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re always on the look out for new phone numbers. If our two Australian based numbers are all causing international texting fees we’ll definitely be on the look out with our sms providers for a local number.

Unfortunately, they don’t have one just yet but we’ll be first in line when it becomes available.

5. Hide a poll

Sometimes I try different question types with the same question. I don't want to delete them or move them out of the group, but I also don't want them to show up when I am presenting and going through the polls in order. It would be great to be able to hide or mute the poll in the group (similar to the way you can hide a slide in PowerPoint).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting. Have you tried presenting Poll Everywhere from our PowerPoint integration? I ask because our PowerPoint integration does support hidden slides, so if you are presenting with PowerPoint that may be the way to go

Otherwise, we’ll definitely keep an eye out for any similar requests and see if we can’t come up with something for you! We’re just always concerned with trying to keep our application as simple and easy to use as possible, so new poll settings are always dangerous

6. Provide ability for groups to review reports in class and remotely without having to PDF

I have created a (five poll) survey and hope to have a relatively large (500) number of people take the survey.

Then I plan to run at least three different reports.

After that, I will break my class of thirty into groups of three to five and what I would like to do is to have the students, in their groups and via their Chromebooks, access the reports in order to be able, as a group, to come up with some conclusions.

For now, it seems that the only way I can do this is to run the report, then…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow Edit Multiple to access more settings

It seems inconsistent that Edit Multiple omits certain settings, like Anonymous or Scheduled Lock/Unlock.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, I am with you 100% on that Mike. I can imagine how time consuming it must be if you are settings a scheduled lock/unlock time on multiple polls. Ugh, I feel your pain on that.

There are reasons why we don’t have everything under edit multiple, although none of them couldn’t be overcome today. Most of those reasons are legacy code as we have grown and changed things over time. Edit multiple just hasn’t had a good fix in a while.

The biggest hurdle right now is design. It’s tricky to have so many settings on that page/view without overwhelming people. I have a few ideas that I’m going to toss out to our design experts and see what they get.

Hopefully we’ll have a good fix for you soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry to say you’ll need to set those one at a time. Let us know…

8. Co-Branding

It would be great to allow users to upload our business logo and co-brand printed pdf pages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. live web pages - don't show PDFs?

Hi there,

Love the idea of being able to embedd live websites into my presentation, however, it doesn't seem to work when the page I point to has a pdf in it (the site I was pointing to that didn't work is: https://www.liv.asn.au/PDF/For-Lawyers/Ethics/5-04-12---CAP--guideline-(approved-by-LIV-Council- )

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Precise text sizing

more precise control of text size

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Question real estate and formatting

As a computer science instructor, I wish I had more real estate and formatting capabilities for a longer, multi-line question (I personally would use it to post code snippets). Polleverywhere could facilitate it by allowing the presenter to quickly toggle back and forth between the long question and the poll responses. It would allow the presenter to carry on a discussion with the audience/students without toggling in and out of the tool.

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Integrate with leading mobile event apps

Offer an integration with leading event app companies (ex. EventBase, DoubleDutch, QuickMobile) for an advanced mobile polling experience

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. SMS & push notification to local audience of a web poll link

partner with beacon or wifi or bluetooth technology provider to enable a push notification of the poll web links to a room full of attendees.

what technology did vw use to get the sms sent to all moviegoers here: http://www.cnet.com/news/movie-theater-stunned-by-volkswagens-dont-text-and-drive-ad/

would like the ability for a presenter to message out individual poll links like this, or have an API so that a 3rd party app can leverage its push notification capabilities to do so

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We want to because this is sooo cool! But, we have to try and remain real business people (at least for now). These GPS location notifications are not yet up to our standards of consistency and there are a number of concerns for our customers who will have multiple presentations/lectures going in neighboring room that we just cannot invest in it yet. We are always looking into it and hope to have this someday soon.

14. Multiple session conference management

Allow unlimited subusers with access to a single poll each.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Offer an option to include voting instructions on top of the poll title

Currently i hide the default instructions and need to create a powerpoint text box to get voting instructions top justified

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do now have a way to align the instructions on the Left, Center, or Right of the poll display. But, they do remain immediately beneath the title of the poll question. We’re always working to expand the customization of the poll chart and we will get there someday.

Until then, if you go to Visual Settings (the paintrbush icon at the top of the page) > then select the "How to respond’ menu to expand it > you can select to Left, Center, or Right Align the instructions.

Otherwise, if you are using our PowerPoint integration – you can actually resize where the poll image is displayed and enter the text anywhere you want. Here’s how:
    http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/742254

16. Include group names in the searched text

The searched text only looks at the text in the polls. If it also searched on the group names, then this would help me limit the number of polls show on the My Polls page.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. font size indication

it would be nice to have an indication of the font size when designing the poll appearance. Now I just have to guess and hope that I'm putting the slider in a consistent location. Doesn't even have to be true font sizes - just a relative number would help. Thanks

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sign in to polleverywhere with Google

Have you considered allowing sign-in with Google? Next year our school will not allow us to use sites the necessitate login if they don't have sign-in with Google. We are concerned about students being asked to have too many logins between 8 teachers.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, it’s still planned for us to do but it’s been pushed back to make way for more team competition related features and an improved asynchronous polling method for quizzes and feedback outside of the class/presentation.

We have included a quick Recent Presentations list that will help students and participants switch between presentations faster. You can read a little about that here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-for-2016-updates-on-your-poll-everywhere-account/

We have also added a way to import all of your students with Blackboard and Canvas LMS. So, they can log in with their Blackboard or Canvas emails.

Google SSO is still planned but is not going to be tackled until at least this fall 2016

19. Integrate PollEv with Schoology LMS

Hello!

Next year my district is going to implement the enterprise version of
    Schoology. I'm still in the learning process of Poll Everywhere, but
    linking those two would be very helpful.

Thanks!

________________________David Shumaker
    Biology, Environmental Science and Anatomy/Physiology Teacher
    Northwood High School
    School Phone: (419) 691-4651 ext. 1505
    Cell Phone: (740) 808-6655
    dshumaker@northwoodschools.org

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. set the corrections toggle to be automatic

I'm sure a lot of your customers would appreciate the ability to set the corrections toggle to be automatic.

For example: Instead of having to toggle the corrections button manually, how about setting it to toggle on after how many seconds or minutes we set.

Maybe even a separate timer for it be toggled off.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas