Skip to content

Ideas

165 results found

1. PowerPoint presenter app

Can you please present it in a visible place so we will not have to search for it every time we need to install it on a new computer? This is a pretty major app and should be found easily.

Dr. Cohen-Charash

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Keynote functionality

Keynote doesn't open polls when Presenter is open and the URL is in the slide notes...?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. ERROR in sound on this page

Hi, from 6mins 20sec it looses the sound. do you have a different link? thanks Sarah

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Images in the question - without toggling the Show/Hide

Presenting from a Keynote/PPT with an image as part of the question (in the Instructions View) is very useful, but problematic.

To show the results a team member needs to click the Show/Hide button in the browser. The deck does update almost instantaneously (much kuddos). This strategy runs multiple risks: a mis-click, timing between presenter and clicker off, miscommunication, need for extra coordination...

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. ?

Enable people to embed their poll into their website

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Multiple URLs

Consider one account being able to assign multiple URLs and assign specific polls to specific URLs. Currently we have to create separate PollEV accounts or users to add more URLs.

When running polls for multiple clients at the same time more than one URL is needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a number of workarounds and ways to make this possible today. I’ll take you through some I think will work for you

1. Each individual poll question has a unique permalink associated with it that participants can go to and respond. This is especially useful if you are emailing the link, sharing it on a webpage, or the like. This is called the “Shareable Response Link” and it is available for all polls under the Present Panel. You can see more about it here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#emailing_your_poll

2. We also have the ability to have a direct link for your participants to respond to multiple poll questions all at once with our Survey View link. You can read about this here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#multipoll_survey

3. Finally, if you have one of our premium plans which comes with the ability to customize your Username (any plan of $50 or higher value currently) then…

7. Embed reports into PowerPoint presentation

I would like to be able to embed a report into the PowerPoint presentation that I am showing the audience, so that they can see the consolidated results of several polls.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

There’s actually a way to do this right now with our PowerPoint Integration for Windows PCs.

We have the ability to insert any website into your PowerPoint presentation. This can be a video clip, audio clip, game, a full interactive website or…one of own Reporting Pages.

You can see the instructions for how to get this set up here: http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/788325

Let us know what you think!

8. Ability to display hard-coded new lines

Because I use PollEverywhere in my programming course, it is necessary sometimes to include short pieces of code. However, despite appearing to include the newlines when creating the poll, when that same poll actually displays to the screen, the newlines disappear and everything runs together into a paragraph. I'm not sure whether I am doing something wrong, or if something is going on with the tool.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, there are a few tricks. You can add breaklines by using \n (backslash n) to create a new line.

So, to write the following output:
    “How cool is this?
    Please note: the answer is Ice Cold”

You would type this in the title field:
    “How cool is this? \n Please note: the answer is Ice Cold”

We also support just about any HTML Entity in the title of the poll question if you want to be fancy. This can get you a lot of various mathematical symbols. You can read about them here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_entities.asp

9. Can you document how to add LaTeX code to an answer?

Hi,

I've just noted that you support LaTeX in answers, which is obviously cool! Unfortunately, I couldn't find any documentation for this feature. Maybe I'm just too stupid :-)

I finally found an example of someone else, which told me that I had to prepend "latex:" for this to work. It would have been good to have found this in the documentation somewhere. It then took me a little bit of experimenting to learn that LaTeX would start straight in math mode. Again, a little bit of documentation would have been nice.

Many thanks,

Steffen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reports

Improve report reliability (empty/missing data)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make entire bar draggable on ranked choice answer

Hello, I used the PollEV.com app for a ranked-choice voting question with 3 answers.

I watched about 10 people try to vote using a first-gen iPad mini device.

Many people tried to drag the questions up/down by tapping and dragging on the answer text. In every case I had to show them to tap on the handle that's on the right side of the answer.

My feedback is to make the entire bar draggable on ranked choice answers, or at least the text of the answer (in addition to the handle).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change output for ranking polls

We love the drag and drop functionality for ranking polls on the participant end. However, the output of the poll results on the screen is not so great. It gets confusing quickly if participants' answers cancel each other out and everything is ranked at the same level. It would be nice if the answers could be listed on the vertical axis and re-organize to reflect the ranking. We've been testing out another polling system, Mentimeter, that has this functionality in their "100 points" questions.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! If I understand, you would like the top ranked choice to be listed at the top of the vertical axis, correct? This way the answer choices will be listed in rank order.

We do have this feature, but we decided not to turn it on by default for ranking polls because some of our customers had complained about how the order kept changing and made it difficult to read.

To get them in rank order on the chart, you will need to enable our Leaderboard feature. Here’s how:
    1. click on the paintbrush icon on the top right of the chart to open our visual settings menu
    2. in the drop down menu, click on the Bars tab
    3. then click the checkbox for Leaderboard

You may then select how many options you’d like to display on the cart. This will list the answer choices in rank order based…

13. Improve word cloud contrast for dark backgrounds

The WordCloud presentation style is very impressive, but when you use black or dark background colors/images most of the words in the cloud are hard to read. It seems only the two largest words use the configurable text foreground colors (secondary and primary). It would be nice if to have at least configurable brightness for colors used by all the other words.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. Global response settings for a survey

I'd like to be able to globally set the restrict to participants setting for a survey.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Full question edit when creating polls

It is frustrating to have a subset of editing options when creating a poll, so that I have to create it, then edit it to refine it. I would like to be able to do all the editing upon creation (grade response, response settings, etc).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. Default Settings for Profanity Filter

I would like to have a way to configure the profanity filter so that each new question has the default setting of "Censor profanity out of responses." Right now, I have to set that for EACH individual poll I create. I use PollEV in class, usually creating questions on the fly, and it would be nice to have a way to change my default settings for moderation and profanity filter so that each new question is created with my preferences already set.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! We can do that right now actually by setting a Template Poll. You can see some details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160776-setting-a-template-poll-default-visual-settings

Here’s the way it works:
    - First you create or choose a an open ended polls to be your template
    - Then set this poll question to have the Profanity Filter and any other settings you would like as your default for all future poll questions on your account
    - click Settings on the top right
    - scroll down to Poll Settings > click Set and select this poll question to be your Template.

All future Open Ended Poll Questions you create will then have this enabled by default.

Hope this helps!

17. Keyboard shortcuts for all menu items

I would love it if there were keyboard shortcuts for all the items in the menu including toggle correct answers and clear results (could be dangerous :)) But to toggle the correct answers would be great because in large events we like to have everything as clean as possible without visual interference of the cursor. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  18. Summary Reports

It would be cool to indicate correct responses in the summary reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Need a Canadian account exec?

You should hire me as the new account exec. Your app was something I was thinking of using for an ineffective parent participation organization meeting I attended. I can go after the K-12 market :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well thank you for the offer Linda! I don’t think we are looking for a Canada specific account exec right now, but you are welcome to apply for anything at polleverywhere.com/jobs

Thanks for thinking of us and let us know if there’s anything we can do to help you out. Have a good one!

20. Clarify costs are in US dollars

Hello,
    It doesn't state in both Plans & Pricing page and in Pricing FAQs that cost is US dollars, nor does it show as such in invoice.
    My invoice has $79, however my credit card was charged $105.28 for the month. I am assuming the price difference is the conversion of US to AUD dollars, however should state as such both on website and invoice.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Alright, this should be out now! Sorry for any confusion earlier. We should now have a disclaimer for “All prices are in USD” listed on the bottom of our plans page, in the Terms of Service section of our payment confirmation page, and on all of our receipts.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base