Skip to content

Ideas

164 results found

1. Change "username" prompt in URL to "presenter account"

When I put a question up on screen, the top of the response page says to go to pollev.com/astr where "astr" is my presentation account username.

When they go to pollev.com, they are prompted to enter a username. So they naturally enter their username and not my "astr" username. This leaves students - and myself - very confused.

Please consider changing the language of this prompt or at the very least remove the word "username" from this prompt.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Improve the vertical spacing on activities embedded in slides

When I insert PollEv activities into Google Slides and Powerpoint, when I play the competition, the bottom part that has the image and choices has to be manually scrolled down using a scroll bar to see the bottom 15% or so. As a result the bottom of the image appears cut off. The images should be resized so it fits the screen when a competition is active (due to the top bar that has the 'Join by Web' and QR code taking up the top 15% of the slide).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We recently released a new feature in the Visual Settings panel called Auto-fit Content. Here is a blog post that has some more information about this new release. By enabling that setting, that should improve the vertical spacing between answer options in activities. 

In addition, you can also opt to hide the Voting Instructions in the Visual Settings panel if you want more space for the poll's content. I hope this helps but if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com

3. Display full Multiple Choice answers in 'Present' mode

My screen cuts off the full Multiple Choice answers in 'Present' mode. This is frustrating for students who may not be able to access PollEverywhere through their mobile or Zoom extension, as I primarily conduct online classes, as they cannot see the full answer. I would like 'Present' mode to expand and be able to see the answer choice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! We recently released a new Visual Setting called Auto-fit Content. You can find more info about this feature in our November 2023 Product Updates Blog. This setting will ensure that your answer options are automatically scaled to fit within the screen for both Multiple Choice and Ranking activity types. To turn this setting on, navigate to your Visual Settings in the Activity page and then check Auto-fit content and click Done (the blog post link above has a gif that also shows how to get to this setting). You can also resize the font in the Visual Settings panel if you still need more space for answers or questions in the activity. 

That should help solve this issue but if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out! 

4. Free 1-2 hour training for subscribers

I don't think I use Poll Everywhere to it's fullest Capacity. I'd love to do some 1-2 hour free online training.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. To be able to resize an activity in PowerPoint

When using horizontal bars most of the time it is needed to use the pull down window to show the results. It would be great to be able to resize any type of chart and not needing to use the pull down window, simply to have it resized

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We recently released a new feature in the Visual Settings panel called Auto-fit Content. Here is a blog post that has some more information about this new release. By enabling that setting, that should improve the vertical spacing between answer options in activities.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com

6. Add the timer to questions

This will allow students to complete the activity in a specific time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. picture text

Allowing pictures with text choices. Pictures helps make it less boring and makes a better presentation. It also allows people to recognize the text options quicker. The mentimeter example is perfect where you can add a picture for the text choice. Even something simple like dog, cat - being able to add a picture next to each choice now turns it into a fun and interesting visual

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow instructors to "preview" responses before releasing to the class

as far as I can tell if I have an activity embedded within a presentation if I toggle between instructions and responses EVERYONE sees the responses once I toggle. I’d like to be able to see the responses myself before I show them to the class - perhaps in a "presenter view" in the presenter app on the iPad where I could see the live responses as they were coming in. This would be useful for think pair share activities - If (for example) the correctness of responses coming in was pretty mixed, i might just tell them to talk…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! Depending on your plan, we do offer a Moderation feature that can help presenters review and approve responses before they are shown on Open-ended, Word cloud and Q&A activities. You can check your plan details by visiting this link (make sure you are logged into your Poll Everywhere account before clicking). If you have any further questions or if there is anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com. Thank you!

9. The new activity layout QR code is too small

The new activity layout with the join information at the top instead of a side panel has a microscopic QR code that doesn't register easily from the audience. This defeats the purpose of the easy-join QR code!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Option to skip asking the name on the presentation link

Now the platform asks the the name on the presentation link always, even when the poll is anonymous. This is an additional step, that can decrease the involvement of the audience.

Will be good to add an ability to get the link with the step of asking name skipped, so people will jump directly to the poll.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Improve Report Function for Participation

Key function: Report functions that allow instructors to customize the reported grade based on students’ performance or whether they participated.
    Detailed use case with prototype suggestion: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/10Mo1PAHojVUGprTExiIsr3Or0yixmZLTph3kEDSpBCs/edit?usp=sharing
    Rationale: Poll Everywhere is more commonly used by instructors to use for active learning and formative assessment purposes. Sometimes instructors needs to take attendance.
    This added feature allows instructors to:
    -- Customize the exported grade item. So all changes are made in the exporting process.
    -- Change the max point if needed.
    -- Decide whether the grade is based on response correctness or truly just participation.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. editing powerpoint slide deck when not in presenter mode

I cannot see the polls in powerpoint slide deck unless I go into presenter mode. This forces me to go into presenter mode to see the polls and then they are activated while I am still trying to edit the slide deck. This is a huge problem!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to delete entries on the wordcloud

Would love to be able to delete entries after a user submits them. This is because I have the wordcloud running live for long periods of time without constant surveillance. I want users to see their answers instantly but to allow me to fix errors or typos.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ability to lock/unlock questions from the Mac app

I use the Mac app to run my session and embed slides into Powerpoint. After using the questions once, I can archive the responses but there is no way to unlock the questions from the Mac app so I can use them again the next time I give the presentation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Q & A can we disable voting, and user still can post question?

Can the presenter hide the vote result/button after the moderator allows for the participant to watch?

I am thinking if the situation that is allowed participant view and vote, also presenter can hide the voting result at the presentation screen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the second engagement slide an optional locking slide

Currently, when you pick a correct answer the second slide in the engagement series of three slides will automatically lock - so that no one can change their response. I would like to see that become an option so the poll creator can decide, when identifying a correct answer - whether the second slide should lock - or remain unlocked so participants can change their mind based on the voting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Opening a Poll for Editing in a New Window

Previously, when a poll was opened for editing, it opened in a separate window... now it opens in the same window... going back takes 3 or more clicks... if you open "Activities" you have to find the poll folder and the poll again... please revert to opening in a new window... so going back is much easier... or make a RETURN TO FOLDER button

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Need way to stop automatic reordering, when clicking on a text response in a text wall

the text bubbles keep reordering randomly as I click on a single response and discuss it with class. I'd like to pause when clicked on and then resume re-ordering when I click on the same text bubble again or close it.

It is working when set to 'Spotlight", isn't currently working when set to text wall / text cluster.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your suggestion! To focus on one response at a time, we recommend using a Q&A activity. You can spotlight each submission even while others are coming in.

Alternatively, you can lock your open-ended activity to prevent new responses while you discuss one specific submission.

19. Display all responses for participants

It would be great if there were a way for all participants in a poll to see the responses that others are suggesting for open ended questions on their own devices as well as on the screen. We are planning an event where we'll keep the poll open for a brief period of time and would like guests to be able to read all responses, not just their own.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow image in question for short text answers/open questions

You can have an image as part of a question for MCQs but why not other questions such as short answers?

20 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9
  • Don't see your idea?