Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and

Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and enroll participants in the group of other users

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, I can understand the desire of admins being able to setup or maintain participant groups. Right now, administrators may invite/add participants to an account. And, those participants (students) could then reply to the polls of any presenter on the account as a registered participant. But, Participant Groups are all based on the specific user or presenter.

It’s certainly possible for us to make some architectural changes around how we store participant groups and the permissions around them, but unfortunately it’s not an easy or quick project. I don’t expect us to create this in the short term unless there’s a lot of interest from the community.

Thanks for the suggestion though! We appreciate it and will definitely take it under consideration

3. Interface with EMAZE at www.emaze.com as you do with PPT.

Allow exporting text results through and Emaze Presentation just as you do PPT.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Option to turn off "Answers to this poll are anonymous" icon and text

It would be nice to turn off the icon and text "Answers to this poll are anonymous" if it's anonymous and we don't care to show that on the screen. I have a client asking to not have that text on the result screen.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can hide the “Answers to this poll are anonymous” on the chart. If you go to the visual settings menu (pencil button on the chart) → then uncheck the checkbox that says “How to respond”

That will, however, hide the response instructions as well. It’s tough because we generally do want to assure people that it is anonymous. And, because anonymous polls prohibit many of our reporting features we wanted to make it very clear to the presenter as well.

5. Scale & 100 point questions

I had to go with www.mentimeter.com for a conference due to not having the question types of scales and 100 points. You guys should check those 2 types out and add them to poll everywhere.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Display multiple results simultaneously

It would be nice for users to view results from multiple questions simultaneously as they are being voted.

For instance, users would see multiple results tallied as users are inputting data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible to do if you have the correct setup. It’s a little complicated though. Here’s what I would recommend if you’re interested:

- create a Survey. A survey will let your audience respond to multiple poll questions on their own time at your pollev.com/username page. For details: https://blog.polleverywhere.com/create-first-poll-everywhere-survey/

- then you can use our Live Response Link to show the chart visualization for each individual poll question in the survey. You can find this link by
    clicking on the title of the poll question → click “Present” tab on the top right → select Share → then copy the Live Results Link.

- you will need to have separate browser windows or monitors to display all of these questions at once. And, there is no way to display multiple questions with our PowerPoint integration (it will cause a conflict).

All of those polls will automatically update as…

7. Make a check box poll type for multiple boxes

I'd love to allow the clickable image to make smaller boxes to click. Currently there is no "check box" questions. I need to poll how many criteria apply to the question from my audience. Currently the UI is too cumbersome to draw 20 boxes, for example, but suitable for <8. If you look at my poll here, you could see I'm almost set up to collect tick boxes on each category, but creating that many boxes is too difficult the way the current functionality is set up

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That’s a tricky one. I can see how you were setting it up, but it’s difficult to display that many options on a live screen.

The closest thing we currently have, that I might recommend, is to use a Survey and separate these out into several multiple choice poll questions.

Otherwise, I agree we’d need a new poll type for this sort of situation. It’s really clever idea – I wish we had a better solution for you out of the box. I’ll bring it up to our engineering team to see about feasibility.

8. Adding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question.

dding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question. This could be something like a push notification on the app or an email alert when using the website.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could be possible for us to do with our downloadable mobile application, but gets very tricky for participants that are just using a web browser or text messaging to reply. We’ve also been very hesitant to cause any notification that might cause “buzzing” or other sounds in a large auditorium as it might be very distracting, although I believe there are some ways around that.

Are most of your participants using the downloadable app or are you looking for something more?

Thanks for the feedback!

9. Voting results

Have a setting that only displays results after a certain amount of votes have been submitted. This way most people would not be influenced from the results as they are coming up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have the ability to hide the bar charts and the results while you are receiving responses: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/presenting/instructions-view

However, there isn’t a way right now to automatically switch from that to showing the results. It requires clicking the button while you are presenting. We’re always hesitant to add an automatic change that may take the presenter significant practice/exposure to get used to.

One thing we have been considering is the ability to customize a “click” or “presentation” flow that can become the default. Such as all polls would hide the results initially, then you could click the right arrow key to show the results, then the right arrow key again to move to the next poll question or slide. Would you be interested in something like that?

10. Lock answers upon hitting the Finish button

Have a way to lock out further responses from a student once they hit the Finish button on surveys. As it is now they hit "Finish" but they can still go back and change answers at will until the Poll closes. I realize I could disable the ability to change answers. But I want them to be able to change answers while taking the survey/test. But once they hit Finish it locks their answers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tricky. We were trying to balance this to allow people who respond to a survey and perhaps forget to reply to an option → to be able to go back and try again. As well as if the person has accidentally closed/refreshed the page → let them open the survey again without losing the data. It’s a tough balance on security and ease of use.

I can definitely understand the desire to prevent this from an educators perspective to prevent cheating and perhaps use PE for a more quiz or other assessment based purposes. I’ll bring this up with our engineering team and see what options we might have.

Thanks for the feedback!

11. Hybrid multiple choice / free text question type

It would be helpful to have a hybrid multiple choice / free text questions type. E.g. Have 3 multiple choice options and an "Other" free text field

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Resend Participant Invite

We would like to be able to re-send invitations to imported participants.
    Participants can be sent info to complete their registration through the participant import process, but there is no way to re-send the "complete your registration email" to them once they have been imported.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Windows Universal Platform (WUP) app

Windows Universal Platform (WUP) App!
    No matter what windows 10 device is used, we'll be able to use the same app; computer, phone, xbox, etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Sort by group in Participant Response History page

In the Participant Response History page, allow to sort by group so I can see who has answered by the classes I teach.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this with our Gradebook report today. However, we didn’t add this filter for the Participant History Report. Although, I can look into what that would take for us to do.

Until then, I recommend using our Gradebook report for this. Here’s how:
    1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not respond

15. When you have registered users, a teacher should be able to see who has answered the poll while its running.

When I pay to have registered users, I'd like to be able to see who has answered the poll while it is still active.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is available today for our open ended poll questions for text wall or cluster view. However, we do not have a place right now to display the which participants have replied for a multiple choice poll. I will need to follow up with our engineering and design teams for how we may do that.

In the meantime, here’s how you can display the registered students’ names on open ended polls

1. select the paintbrush icon on the open-ended poll to open the visual settings menu
    2. click on the Message Item accordion menu to expand it
    3. click the checkbox for the “Show participants” option

That will display the participants names on their response in real time .

16. Exporting results in a PPT format

Add the option of expporting results into a PPT.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you interested in getting a screenshot of the poll results into PowerPoint? Basically the same thing that we display on the live poll. Or, a report?

If a screenshot of the results, we do have a pre-built way to insert the screenshots of polls directly into a PowerPoint presentation from our PowerPoint app. Here’s how:

1. install our powerpoint app at polleverywhere.com/app
    2. once installed, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the top right of PowerPoint
    3. select Insert → Screenshot
    4. then select the poll questions that you would like to insert the screenshots for directly into PowerPoint

We have some more info here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-powerpoint-placeholder/

17. Add more color to word clouds

I use your word cloud option regularly but find the colors quite drab which is disappointing for an option which is inherently visual. Currently I can only control the color of the two most popular responses. I don't need to be able to choose the color of individual words, but it would be great to be able to request a more vivid color palate.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll run this by our visual engineering team who work on our animations (like the word cloud). I know that in the past this was difficult for us to add more customization to the word cloud responses. The technology we used only supported 20 different color options and adding our own customization threatened the loading speed. We’ve made some significant progress in our loading time, so it may be more viable today.

Thanks for bringing this up!

18. Allow hyperlink open on a poll

I wish there is a way to allow live link on a poll page. For example, a instructor wants a student to read an article/watch a video on their own devices. He can create a poll with the link embedded. Currently, I can type in the link in the question or answer box, but the link is deal.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Does the instructor want the students to read the article before they reply to the poll or after?

If it’s before, we’ll need to build something to support this. I’m a little worried if there are any security implications where someone could post a malicious link and I’d need to speak with some of our legal/security folks to make sure that’s okay.

Otherwise, if the link should be shown after the students reply → we can do that today with our Custom Reply Message. This shows a small notification after the reply has been sent and you can paste a clickable link here.

For details on the custom reply message: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

19. Duplicate a question adds it as the last question. Put it after the one being duplicated

Better still would be to support Ctrl+Drag so it can be placed anywhere in the list of questions

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually very recently looked into making the Duplicate option put the new question immediately after the original, but it turned out to be much more difficult and prone to bugs than we anticipated. With how important the order polls are listed (to be able to present from the website), we didn’t want to introduce the potential errors this would cause for us. Hopefully, we’ll be able to include this in the future when we come back to improvements to the poll list.

Otherwise, we do have drag-n-drop support for any poll questions you create. You can now click and hold on any poll question → and drag it to the desired location. You can read about this and other changes to our poll list here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/surveys-as-siblings/

20. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m sorry that the “Clear” button isn’t obvious. We used to have all of those buttons have longer labels and it was titled “Clear responses” however we had to shorten the names for most of them for space as we added more controls recently and had some feedback that the buttons needed to be larger.

I’ll get a request out to our design to see if we can get some tooltips in the short-term. I know longer-term our plan is to move more toward a dropdown menu of options where we’d have more descriptive labels.

If you do want any more information about the Clear responses option you can read about it here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#clearing-responses

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base