Skip to content

Ideas

237 results found

1. Create a role below admin

Hi, Can you create a role below admin who has can see all users and their polls, but cannot create accounts?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Option to disable full-screen mode in Present mode

Allow users to disable full-screen mode in present view. When this option is enabled, and a user enters "present" mode, the presentation would appear in the full screen of the app window but not the entire desktop. An example of this functionality is in Google Slides, if you click the dropdown next to Slideshow and select Presenter view, the presentation takes the full screen of the app but not the entire desktop. This would allow users to present in a full window and have other content up in a separate window.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Automated Polling & Trivia

Enable polling that is automated and does not have to be manually advanced. USE CASE: I would like to have trivia on screen as people enter the room. Polls would be active for 20-30 seconds. Respondents would have 5-10 seconds to answer. After time expires, it can either reveal the answer or just tabulate the answer and move to the next question. You could have it pull from a categories as service (for a fee) or people could enter their own trivia questions for free.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Duplicate an anonymous activity but remove the anonymous setting

It only takes a few clicks to change a setting, but for a larger activity, such as a long survey, recreating it takes a lot of work. I understand why anonymous activities are locked into that setting, but what if I want another copy down the road without that option? I'd like either an option to duplicate without anonymous or maybe duplicate with default settings for more general use.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can't insert instructions slide for powerpoint

Currently, when trying to add an instructions slide to powerpoint, the join instructions window goes to a 404 page "the page you're trying to reach isn't here"

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission. I am sorry to hear you are having some issues with the instructions slide and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I have gone ahead and let our team know about this issue and they are actively investigating. In the meantime, if you have any additional questions or need any other support please do not hesitate to reach out to us at support@polleverywhere.com. Thank you!

6. Enhance Teams App To Not Require External Users Have Azure Accounts

Suggest enhancing the Teams app for Poll Everywhere to not require external attendees have any type of Azure account in the Teams tenant. Reason: each enterprise IT organization will have its own policy regarding setting up external participants in MS Teams. Most will elect to not create accounts for an undetermined number of potential external users. Currently, the Teams PE app only works if external participants are configured to be set up in the tenant ahead of time. You can waive that requirement. Simply have the Teams app act like anyone in the world is clicking the activity response link…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. GotoWebinar

Integration with GotoWebinar

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Pre-Test/Post-Test Functionality

Ability to creat pre-test/post-test questions with side-by-side results.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow presenters or moderators to answer questions by writing on the Q&A

It will be great to be able to answer the questions that the instructor cannot answer live directly in the Q&A activity. This also allows to have a TA answering the questions during the lecture.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. When presenting a powerpoint presentation that includes polleverywhere slides, dont have the Instructions View popup appear at all

Right now when presenting a powerpoint presentation, the Instructions View popup (see image below) appears for a second or two then automatically disappears when displaying each embedded polleverywhere slide. Can an option be added to not have the Instructions View popup appear at all. The audience can see this each time, it only appears for a second or two but happens everytime you go between polleverywhere slides.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback. I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with the Instructions View popup. I have gone ahead and brought this back to our Product team internally for their review. I'll continue to monitor this issue and if I hear anything back from our team I will let you know. Again, thank you so much for providing this feedback and if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com. 

11. Allow for all responses to polls to appear simultaneously in presentation mode

Allow for all responses to polls to appear simultaneously in presentation mode - currently answers appear one at a time and painfully slowly, particularly when using it to reflect on feedback. Would be helpful to be able to set the speed or, even better, to be able to activate the next response through a click when we're ready to move on to it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! It sounds like you are referring to a Open Ended activity type, if that is not correct definitely let us know. Either way, I have gone ahead and shared this feedback internally to our team for their review. Again, thank you so much for submitting this idea. If there is anything else we can do to help in the meantime please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com.

12. fun, simple music + visuals

Please don't just 'decline' this... could you consider adding the options of a simple music track and fun visuals, in Competition mode, PLEASE! It ain't that hard (Kahoot! have been doing it for years...)

We have an institutional license for PollEverywhere, and having looked at Competition mode, I will be pushing my institution to get a license for Kahoot! instead because you don't offer these features.

A previous response to a similar suggestion has said "we just cannot commit to the cost it takes to support audio". I don't understand this at all. How costly is it to create some…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! I completely understand how additional visuals and music would be helpful in your use case. Please know I took this back internally to our Product Team for their review. We did recently make some new visual updates that includes a new colorful theme in addition to our classic blue theme, here is the link to our recent blog post that outlines many of these updates.

Again, we always appreciate feedback and new ideas. If there is anything else we can do to support in the meantime please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at support@polleverywhere.com. 

13. Downloading Screenshots or Slides that display all responses from an activity

There doesn't seem to be a way to download screenshots or slides with all of the responses appearing on the screen. In the past, I have been able to save screenshots with all responses to an activity to share them back with teams. Current screenshots of activities do not display all of the responses on the screen, and do not seem to be able to fit the responses with the new layouts. I attached 2 screenshots...the first is a screenshot of an activity with 12 responses...the screenshot only displayed one response using the new layout. The second screenshot is from…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your submission! I reached out to our Product Team about this and they let me know that Open-Ended activities can be tricky for downloading screenshots. The best recommendation I can make is to use Word Cloud or another activity type if you know you will want to download a screenshot. I would also recommend avoiding the Text Wall or Spotlight visual settings when downloading a screenshot. I hope this helps but please do not hesitate to reach back out if you have any additional questions!

14. Please expand the character limitation.

I use Poll Everywhere during clinical medical lectures using question stems that are occasionally lengthy. This is not possible with the existing character limit and there is no other good solution to get around this.

What gives? Just remove the character limit and let us figure out the space issues. So many people have asked for this.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. QR code

To be able to modify color for the QR code on the instructions slide. Make it more visible now it is too dark. based on our branding colors

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please have boxes in PowerPoint slides more efficiently use space to accommodate more text

We frequently pose exam-like questions, which have significant question text, and sometimes significant answer foil text. These are exam-like and thus are very popular with students when we present them live using PollEverywhere. Instructors get to address misconceptions and answer questions in real time, using exam-quality questions to simulate the discussion. Because PollEverywhere limits titles to 255 characters, we use slide text to pose the question, and then minimize the PollEverywhere content. This has worked well for years, but the new display format has broken this.
    Note on the attached figure that foils fail to wrap, wasting space below. Using…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Slide advance, rather than toggle, to reveal responses for open-ended, word cloud, click-the-photo and ranking activities

Would be possible to have the 3-slide series insertion option for open-ended, word cloud, click-the-photo and ranking activities. I'm often teaching in a room where I'm sharing my screen and getting my mouse to the screen so that I can toggle between instructions and responses is cumbersome and clunky. The slide series (even just the first 2 slides of the 3) where I can present the instructions and launch the poll, then advance my slide deck to see the responses (once I the # is high enough) is invaluable. Could you modify open-ended, word cloud, click-the-photo and ranking activities to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Response details during polls

The current version of Poll Everywhere has removed a key feature, response details (poll attempted to total registered) students during live polling. This is key during class interaction in large classes to find out how many have attempted and to make decisions on disclosing answers after all have attempted. Otherwise, we do not know whether students have understood the material.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for providing this feedback. I spoke with our Product Team and they noted that there is a feature to be able to show Total Results in the Visual Settings Panel (see the attached screenshot). I am not sure if this is what you are referring to but if not please do not hesitate to reach back out and let us know. I hope this helps but if you have any additional questions please feel free to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com. 

19. Reimplement Response Count Display on Instructions Screen/Tab

The ability to display the response counter on the instructions screen/tab seems to have been deprecated, but having this is an important pedagogical tool. Having the counter on the instructions screen specifically is important, because it allows instructors to see this information without displaying answers to the class. The counter remains available on the results screen, but if results are displayed live while students are answering, students will often choose the most popular choice without thinking for themselves, reducing learning. Our instructors value the results counter for a few reasons.
    1) Seeing the number of responses allows them to be…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Tags for Activities

Our university just started using Poll Everywhere for all faculty. Sharing activities is a breeze but it would be great if we could add tags or some other identifier to activities. I see a comment that a new search functionality is on the development roadmap. It would be great if some sort of tagging feature could be included to allow for easy sharing and search of activities between team members. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12
  • Don't see your idea?