Skip to content

Ideas

164 results found

1. QR Code for audience log in

I have used this for many small & large audiences. It takes too much time for audiences to enter the link on their device and access the survey.
    A unique QR code would save a lot of time & increase user accessibility.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new Beta feature to add some support for QR codes. It is fully functional and supported, but remains in beta because it does not currently work for Competitions.

You can enable this feature here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs

Once the QR Code feature is enabled for you account when you open a poll you should see a small QR code next to the response instructions on the chart. If you click this QR icon → a QR code will expand to show on the entire screen.

Anyone in your audience may then use any standard QR code reader on their phones to navigate to your pollev.com/username page

Furthermore, you may download the image for your QR code and add that as a slide in PowerPoint if you have your own instructions for the audience. You can download this image at polleverywhere.com/profile/edit

Hope this helps!

2. Add response counter to powerpoint polls

Please add a counter indicating how many responses have been submitted during a live powerpoint poll. I'm constantly having to ask 'is anyone still answering?', instead of having the screen display the count letting me know when I approach the number of people participating.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a setting to display the Total Result count on the live chart. It can be enabled from our visual setting menu, but we do have this off by default. Here’s how:

1. Navigate to the poll you want to show the result count for
    2. Click on the grey Visual Settings button (with the paintbrush icon) to the top right of the poll
    3. Inside visual settings, scroll to the bottom under Total Results count
    4. Click the checkbox for “Show on chart” to display the counter on the poll

This will display a counter on the bottom right of the chart.

3. Clickable image pins

Ability to make the pins larger or smaller, or change the color. They can all be uniform, but the ability to customize for your poll. We found the green pin difficult to see against the blue map. Thanks for considering!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just added the ability to change the colors of the Pins for our clickable image polls. Here’s how:

1. Open the clickable image poll you want to edit
    2. click the Visual Settings button on the top right of the poll display
    3. expand the menu titled “Clicks received”

You will then have the option to change the default pin color, the color for correct answers, and the color for incorrect answers.

Click ‘Save’ to apply the new colors.

4. Change colour of word cloud

For word cloud with dark background, any way to change also the text colour? It’s difficult to see dark texts against dark background.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Can we change the colour of the Total Results?

1. Can we change the colour of the Total Responses? Currently, it is black by default and cannot change so it is difficult to see on projector when the background is dark.
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can change the text color for Total Results. That is controlled by the “Primary text color” option in our visual settings menu. To change it:

1. open the visual settings menu
    2. expand the Color Scheme menu
    3. change the Primary Text Color to something with enough contrast for the background.

That Color Scheme section controls just about every color on the chart and it should get you what you need.

6. Proposed Report Format

Is it possible to provide a report format where 1) each row is a unique respondent with 2) the "poll title" as a column heading and 3) the corresponding "response" is in the same column as the poll title?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The “Participant Response History” report should have what you are looking for. However, we display it somewhat differently on the website. If you download/export that report to CSV (Excel) that will have the information in that order.

The CSV export for the Gradebook report is also in a similar format.

Hope this helps!

7. Account Delegation for Poll Execution

We often have classes that utilize multiple professors. They would like to be able to share polls, powerpoint slide decks, and class data more easily for a single class. Account delegation for at least poll execution rights would probably be able to solve this use-case completely.

17 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sort polls by response date.

After using PE a few years, I have lots of polls (quizzes) accumulated, and I pluck out a subset to use each year. Things get rather difficult to organize come end of the term as I have to sift through all the quiz polls to see which ones I gave. Sorting polls by latest response time would solve this issue.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have a way to sort by date, however it is a Labs feature and not on by default. Here’s how you can get it:

1. log into your account
    2. click the gear icon to the top right and select My Settings
    3. on the left side, click the tab for Features lab
    4. enable the Sort Order feature

When you next go to your My Polls page you should be able to change the default sort order for your polls.

9. delayed response

Is there a way to delay showing the results of a live poll so as not to influence the audiences answer? Maybe a 10 second delay or a "display answers" button?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Found a bug in Q&A counting

I posted a test "answer" and upvoted it to +1. I went on another account (where it already showed +1) and downvoted it. Instead of correctly going to 0, it went to -1.

The same bug exists going up from -1 towards 0/1.

Please fix this. Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow users to delete their account

As a user of Poll Everywhere, I want to be able to delete my account if I decide that I don't want to use this product anymore.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Alt Text

This actually is an accessibility issue... Not sure if I'm missing something but it doesn't appear that I enter alt-text for images?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the video. We do have a way to add alt-text to uploaded images, but it needs to first be enabled. We do not have it on by default. Here’s how to get it:

1. click the Gear icon on the top left of the page and select Settings
    2. select the Features lab tab on the left of settings. This will take you to polleverywhere.com/labs
    3. then click the checkbox for Image Alt-Text and save your change

Now, when you go to create or edit a poll question that has an image → you should be able to enter alt-text for the image. This will be read by screenreaders.

13. Allow students to change (delete and resubmit) their answers in open-ended polls

Currently, for multiple choice or clickable image polls, students can clear their response and re-submit. We would like to be able to do that with open-ended (specifically Word Cloud) types. The idea is that as participants change their answers, the cloud would morph as some responses shrink and others grow with the changes to the audience's understanding.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hiding/Showing results when using PollEV Presenter

I use PollEV Presenter and I love it. It would be incredibly helpful to be able to hide or show poll results from within the presentation software (i.e., Keynote, Powerpoint or Google Slides) without having to go into the PollEverywhere site to turn the 'eye' off or on.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can actually do this right now from the PollEv presenter. It’s a little hidden though.

When you are in full screen presentation mode and displaying one of our polls, if you hover your mouse over the right side of the screen → you should see several grey control icons appear. One of those will be the Show/Hide ‘eye’ icon. You can toggle it there.

We just hide those buttons (unless you mouse over them) to keep the display prettier

15. Emojis

It would be fun to be able to use emojis to answer polls. So instead of using "one word" for the word cloud feature, using "one emoji." I think with the increased usage of cell phones, employees use emjois often to describe how they are feeling and can make for a fun time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sub-users can copy other sub-users' Polls

Would like for our institution's sub-users to be able to copy polls from other sub-users that they share a group affiliation with. Currently they can only do this if they have admin permissions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sub-users can be a member of multiple groups

Hi there,
    We would like it if sub-users can be a part of more than one group. We have some faculty who teach graduate and undergraduate classes, and need to copy polls from other undergrad and graduate faculty. Currently users can only be a part of one group. Can you please change this so that users can be a part of multiple groups simultaneously?

Thanks,
    Kevin

24 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Automatically set Polls to Hide

Is there any way to make the default setting for the Polls the Hide option instead of the Show option? For most instructors, they want the students to respond independently first before showing the graph. Showing the graph by default sways the student responses. I know I can edit this setting once the polls have been created, but it is just one extra step in an already multi-step process that would save me a bunch of time.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve added two ways to hide results by default when presenting activities. The first is for our slideware integrations (PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google Slides). The second is a user-wide default account setting for all newly created activities to default to the instructions view.

For details about slideware, check out our support article here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/presenting/activity-flows

To make hiding results the default for activities, log in and visit https://www.polleverywhere.com/profile/activity_settings/edit. Then select “Show the instructions” under “Show instructions or results”.

20. Add option to download poll slides in 16:9 format

The poll slides are currently downloaded in a 4:3 format. Our slides are typically in a 16:9 format, so it would be great to have this as an option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

How are you inserting the poll slides into your slide deck? We recently added some handling to our PowerPoint add-in to match the size of the poll slide to the default size of the master slide in the deck. However, this is only when you are inserting from within our PowerPoint add-in, not when you download slides from our website.

I’d recommend trying this:
    1. open your powerpoint deck
    2. navigate to the Poll Everywhere app and open the modal
    3. click the checkmark for whichever polls you would like to insert and click the Insert button

That method should have our poll slides match the size of your own slides. You can read some more about our slideware integration here if you have trouble or more questions: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#presenting-in-a-slideshow

Thanks for the feedback!

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base