Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

155 results found

1. Add chart to remote control view.

Right now if you look at "my activities" in the app you can see participant responses even if they aren't displayed to the participants on the screen. However, when using the "Remote Control" option in the app you can't see the responses. It would be VERY useful for my faculty if they could use the app to both control their presentations and see the participant responses in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. Enhanced Rich Text Editing for Questions and Answer Choices

Add a rich text editor for questions and answer choices. Many users need more control over how text appears than the current platform allows.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

What sorts of text controls did you have in mind? We do have a few options right now such as using LaTeX for math or science equations and then we also have the ability to add italics, break lines, and bold characters in the questions.

Could you give us a few examples of things you would like to add?

For info on LaTeX:https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

For info on italics, bold, and break lines: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-features-roundup-bold-italics-and-breaks/

Thanks for the feedback!

3. Add more slots to the “Recent Presentations” on the home screen of the mobile app.

Hello, I am a first year medical student. We use Poll Everywhere multiple times a week with several different professors. It works well, however we are constantly entering different presentation names. Is it possible to add a few more slots (6-9 total) to “Recent presentations?”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. LaTeX(Beamer) presenter app

It would be nice if it was possible to embed polls in LaTeX Beamer based presentations, which are used heavily by some educators in Computer Science, Math and Natural Sciences.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm, interesting. We do have some LaTeX integration to allow formulas and equations in the answer choices for multiple choice polls. You can read about the specifics for this here: http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/163071-picture-images-and-equations-as-options

We’ll have to look a bit more into how the API for this will work with us. We’re a company of engineers and Comp Sci people so, we’re always interested in LaTeX

5. Add tags to polls

It would be nice if users could add tags to polls based on topics, subject matter, or organization. For example, if I'm teaching a biology course that's M/W/F this semester but T/TH next semester, I will want to re-arrange my groups to fit the new schedule. Similarly, I might have questions on a particular topic that I use in different classes. If I know that I have a question on "mitosis" but I'm not sure which group or whether that word appears in the question text, if the question was tagged with that term and the term was searchable it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! That’s an interesting request. Do you have a preference for using tags over, say, a more hierarchical folder system?

I know there’s been requests for both and they address similar, but different problems. Regardless, thank you for the details feedback! I’ll pass this along to the team

6. Single Sign On

Single Sign On for profiles already on your website

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

We do offer SAML Single Sign On for our enterprise level clients, however it is not available for our retail plans. Anyone who contacts us at sales@polleverywhere.com or visits polleverywhere.com/enterprise can see some more details for it.

Otherwise, I suspect you would like something like a Google or Facebook SSO option. If that is the case it is something we have considered, but we don’t have any short-term plans to implement. It adds a significant risk towards people creating duplicate accounts as we need to add handling for people to connect their Gmail (or something similar) to their Poll Everywhere account. And, it can cause trouble and require a lot of merging if someone isn’t sure if they used their personal or work email and such.

We’ll definitely consider it though. Thanks for the idea!

7. Reports and Data Runs

Scenario:
    Faculty has a combined Canvas set up for four sections of Acct 2122.

The faculty clears/archives his PE data after each class. So, at the end of the day, he has four PE data sets (one for the 8am class, one for the 9:30am class, etc). Faculty needs to transfer the data to his one Combined Canvas course.

Faculty started using PE in fall 2017. During fall 2017, he would select “All runs” to move his four PE data sets into the Canvas gradebook. So, faculty only ran the PE grade transfer process one time for all four sections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Students do have access to their response history which is automatically updated. And, this will include whether they got each question correct or incorrect.

To get to the response history:
    - click the menu icon on the top right of the pollev.com/Username page
    - then select “Response history” in the menu
    - the students can see their complete response history and whether they were correct or incorrect.

This is more of a workaround than giving an actual “score” in a notification or something, which I believe is more what you have in mind. We do have some other presenters who want to never show the correct answers or scores to students. So, there is some extra complexity here as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll definitely look into what this might take

9. Make using surveys as quizzes easier

Expand surveys into quizzes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  10. Record country clicked on image

Have a country image that records the country to enable creation of a data set.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. KWL tags for pollev

Create an online "K-W-L" chart for educators; poll takers could tag their post as either the K, W, or L category, and Poll EV would project the responses in three columns.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! Thank you. I’ll pass this along to out user research team to see if we can drum up some more support for it.

May I ask, about how long of a response do you usually get for each of these? We’ll want to make sure we leave enough room to display these responses on the chart.

12. Allow Credit/No Credit Responses

Students enjoy the text wall and word cloud options, but currently cannot get points for them. Having a way to assign credit for responses given, without limiting students to specific words, would be a marked improvement to PollEverywhere's functionality. Making the innovative response patterns Credit/No Credit would really motivate and innovate the classroom.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is interesting. Right now we do give a Participation Score with our Gradebook report that will give credit to students who respond to our Open Ended Poll like Word Cloud and Text Wall. However, our LMS integrations with Blackboard and Canvas do not send this participation score. They only receive the Correctness score. I suspect this is what is happening for you all.

I have opened up a request with our Integrations Team to look into the difficulty/complexity to send a “grade” for our open ended polls. We have to check with Blackboard and Canvas to find the best way to send this information.

Does that sound like it’s describing your situation?

13. Slide appearance

More control over font, background color, etc

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a pretty extensive amount of customization options for our chart. Including background color, text color, sizing, background images, side by side images along with your chart, and six or so different fonts. We go over a lot of these and how they work in our User Guide here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing-your-poll

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for in customizing the slide?

14. Use multiple images in a clickable image poll

Allow to upload multiple images for a clickable image poll. Like post logos of football teams for a vote.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  15. Canvas Integration with Participant List

The Canvas Integration for the participant lists will update the list with new users but not remove the users that dropped the Canvas course. This is causing issues because we need to send an e-mail for students to reset their password prior to the first day of class so they are registered and several students are receiving the e-mail because they dropped the course.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can understand the frustration with students dropping the course. Destructive actions like removing students from participant groups are always a little dangerous because we don’t have a way to “undo” them. The last thing we want to do is to remove a student incorrectly and have them get zeroes or be unable to reply.

I’ll pass this along to our Integrations Team and see what we can do. We also need to dig in a little deeper to what Canvas allows. Destructive actions like deleting often have more permissions rules with an integration and we will need to make sure that we can do it with our current method of integrating with Canvas.

Thanks for the feedback! Sorry, I do not have a better workaround yet for you all.

16. Logos for Reports

The ability to add logos to reports and/or to download reports into MS Word.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  17. Lock down for summative assessment

Lock down option for simple summative assessment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe you’re referring to a way to prevent students from accessing other applications on their phone/device while replying to polls or surveys. Let me know if that isn’t what you all meant here.

We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this as it is particularly invasive for us to do with our iOS and Android Apps and hurts a lot of accessibility rules.

One thing we have been discussing, and I’d love to hear if it would work for you all. is to track any time a student leaves or closes our site/app and share that information in a report with the professor. That does involve some more work to audit the report, but helps prevent any honest mistakes for the student and keeps us out of Apple’s bad side.

Would that be sufficient for you all?

18. For the Moodle integration, automatically send students a registration link

Right now, the e-mail sent out to students notifies students that their account has been created, but does not explain the registration process or provide a link. It would be great if these were provided or if the e-mail was customizable by the instructor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now (as of about August), we send an email to students who are registered via an LMS. This email says:
    “[Professor Name] has registered you as a participant with their Poll Everywhere account. To log in and complete the registration process use the following link: [password_link]”

We’re currently working on a way to allow professors to resend this link to their students in bulk if they haven’t received it or haven’t logged in. We can definitely look into some ways to customize this message, but it is a bit larger of a project than we’d like because we need to store these customized messages, add some handling to prevent spam (in case someone is only pretending to be an educator), and then change the LMS invitation workflow to allow some handling to customize the email. It’s something we will definitely consider if we hear it requested from some…

19. PowerPoint plugin

allow the templates to be customizable within the presentation software tools like PowerPoint.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  20. Presenters would like the ability to limit polls to specific registered participant groups

This was brought to my attention by a professor who is concerned that students may stumble across the response page when a poll is enabled for a different class or section. The idea is to have a secondary optoin under 'Registered Participants Only' that would further limit access to the polls to participants who are registered in a specific participant group on their user profile.

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base