Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

17 results found

1. Survey responses

Are Surveys also limited to the "audience size" of the plan I am using? So for example, using the free plan, would my survey be limited to 25 responses?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  2. Multi voting and dynamic voting

Allow users to first create the voting elements and then have them vote on them within the same session. Another enhancement would be to allow the voters to have 3 votes which they could place on what they wanted. All on one item or split them up on 2 or 3.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

So, we actually have some capabilities to do these right now.

You can set any Multiple Choice Poll to allow more than one response per person. This will allow your participants to respond up to a set number of times where they can vote for one option 3 times, or split their votes across multiple. You can see details for how here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#responses_per_participant

Otherwise, if you are interested in having your participants submit responses and allow the rest of your participants to vote on them – then I would try our Q&A or Upvote Poll. This allows your participants to submit responses and then lets the whole group up or downvote these responses for discussion. You can see more details here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/question-and-answer-brainstorm

3. Feedback

I love the product.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Changing Opinion Radio Button

I would like a radio button where people can update their Opinion as the presentation progresses. DISAGREE to AGREE with some space in the middle.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually just release a feature that will allow people to change their response while the poll remains active. Basically, they
    1. can submit a response
    2. . click the Clear Response button on the web response page or send a text message with Clear to our number if they change their mind.
    3. then submit a new response. The poll chart will be updated immediately.

You can read about it in more detail on our blog here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/undo-your-response-to-a-multiple-choice-poll-no-more-accidents/

Will that work for you?

5. Audience Question Selection & Launch

Allow the audience to post questions and then let a selected question be thrown out to the audience for response.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reporting capabilities

Better reporting capabilities! Downloading results, or breaking results into audience segments is hard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Clear poll results from PPT slideshow

Please add the ability to clear the poll results from the PowerPoint presentation... and the ability to cut off the responses. For example, a button to click when Q&A time is over so that people can't keep texting in responses.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Hey Jane – we already have both of these! Hover your mouse over the right hand side of the PowerPoint slide and you can lock the poll to stop new responses from coming in, and even clear the results. It works exactly the same as it does on the website with the icons that you can click. Let me know if you have questions and I can send you a screenshot.

Best,
    Meg

8. Select multiple choices in a poll

Can I do multi-choice polls where people can vote on more than one option?

e.g.

Do you like

fish
    meat
    vegetables
    fruit
    dairy

I'd like people to be able to vote on more than one option. It might be I just don't know my way round polleverywhere yet, but that'd be useful for some of the tech presentations (e.g. which technologies do you have deployed)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

We have a setting in our “Features lab” which will let you restrict your audience to only select each option once. It isn’t set up for Text Message responses, but is otherwise all set to go. Here’s how it works:
    1. Go to https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs
    2. click Enable for the “Disable duplicate responses” feature and click “Apply lab settings”
    3. navigate back to your multiple choice poll, click the Response Setting menu on the right side of the poll
    4. then click the checkbox for Disable duplicate responses

Now, when you present that poll > we will disable (grey out) each response that the audience sends in.

9. Multi-national participants in a live event

Easier ways for participants from multiple countries to participate in a live polling event, by using one simplified number

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, there is not really a great way to do this for SMS messaging. We do have several Regional phone numbers that your audience may use which will work for a collection of countries. However, these numbers are based in the USA, UK, and Australia so anyone who is using a phone that is not based in those locations may get charged an international text messaging fee depending on the cell phone’s service plan (this is not a fee controlled by Poll Everywhere). These regional numbers are available and you can read more about them here if you are interested: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#international-polling

Otherwise, we really highly recommend multi-national audiences use our web response method. This is free for all participants to use and will work anywhere in the world provided they have an internet enabled device or data plan.

10. Rotating display of text responses

With a large number of text responses, it would be nice if they didn't just scroll off the display, but somehow rotated.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  11. Responder follow up

Allow post-presentation responding to questions, answers, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would recommend using our Survey feature to get post-presentation feedback or follow up. If you have all of your poll questions organized in a Group > at the end of your presentation you can then Convert the group to a Survey > Activate all of the poll questions in the group by making it a Survey. All of your poll questions with then appear right on your regular pollev.com/USERNAME page

The whole thing is about 2 button clicks, I promise!

For some more information and helpful screenshots on surveys you can check out this article: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160748

12. Reports by percent response

Enable the report to show the percent of responses in addition to the number of responses

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

When it comes to multiple choice polls, you can choose between showing counts, percentages, or nothing at all within your poll’s visual settings. To configure this:

1. Open the poll from your My Polls page.
    2. Open the poll’s Visual Settings by clicking on the paintbrush button.
    3. Use the “Response Totals” dropdown (shown in the screenshot below) to choose how you would like your results summarized.

13. font

Custom font size

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to share/transition ownership of polls

Add the ability to transition or share ownership with people, so that re-work is limited, and changing responsibilities can be quickly adapted to without inefficiencies of re-work.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix %s on your home screen

I just heard about Poll Everywhere and went to the site. It looks great and I'd like to try it. But I noticed in your sample poll the %s add up to 120%

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  16. personalised keywords

personalised keywords for example "HARRO <text>" instead of "4565454 <text>"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

Thanks for the feedback! This is a great idea. So much so, that it’s actually been implemented for years now, but you’ll need at least the Presenter plan to take advantage of it. polleverywhere.com/plans

Hope that helps!

17. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the My Polls page. The header will now stay fixed when scrolling through your poll questions. We’ve also added a button for pushing a poll question from the My Polls page as well.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base