Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. How about Multiple Choice Questions where m out of k options can be chosen

In assessments, we often use so called k-prim questions. These are multiple choice questions, where the respondents can tick more than just one answer. Is it possible to construct those in PollEverywhere?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. have a "save poll results as a graphic" option

although easy to PRINTSCREEN and save to PAINT
    how about an export to image button? so it can be inserted manually into a presentation that way you can save the reponses quickly. particulalrly if you are going o re-use the poll very soon

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your interest in Poll Everywhere!

That’s a great idea! We’ve actually already done this for multiple-choice polls. When looking at your poll in your account, on the right side you’ll see a Views button. Clicking that will reveal a few links, one of which is Screenshot.

Give that a shot!

Best,
    Vinnie

3. multiple choice

I'm trying to follow you examples. I enter "question #78? a,b,c,d,e" to get a multiple choice answer selection but it doesn't show the way I need it to in the poll. I want it to look like:

a
    b
    c
    d
    e

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a simple on/off login for presenter to turn off/on polls from smartphone.

Rather than have all of my polls on, I incorporate them into my powerpoint and then turn the poll/on or off. However, the turning on of a poll doesn't always automatically push the poll to users fast enough. I've found I've had to manually do it. Login on a web with a mobile device is cumbersome when your in a lecture hall full of people.

Additionally, I've found that I have to log into EACH poll to modify. If I've already logged in, this on/off login should work for all polls that I can designate to be on for the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to allow users to select existing open-ended entries

When collecting open-ended entries, allow users to instead select others' previously entered entries. This would be awesome for question-oriented polls during live presentations. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Correct a spelling error

When creating a question, You display an example of what the question might be. "Whats your favorite color? Red, Blue, or Green"

Unfortuntately, you are missing an apostrophe in "What's".

Thanks for creating PollEverywhere.

Leigh Zeitz
    University of Northern Iowa

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Folder structure would make organizing questions easier.

In the context of higher ed, we are using PE for things like test review. It would therefore make sense to have a folder structure on the My Polls screen, such that I could place one set of polls (really poll questions) in a folder called "Midterm Review" and another set in a folder called "Final Exam Review."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Indicate Correct Response - Great Idea for Expanding your Sales in K-12 and Higher Ed!

More than a couple of paragraphs, but they're small, and it's a good idea that's worth a few minutes of your time. I promise!

For educational use - I know that you could entice a larger group of educators by adding a feature to your polls in which the following is possible:

1) The user can identify a correct answer (multiple choice and short answer)

2) The voter receives a response when using poll4.com that indicates whether or not they are correct.

I have seen this feature available in software for Student Response Systems (SRS).

As an example, say you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  9. Suggestion: Ability to allow multiple users per cell phone for quizzes.

I am an Algebra II teacher in a very rural community. I am using polleverywhere in my classes quite often. Only about 90% of my students have a cell phone. I would love to use your service to conduct quizzes, but some of my students can't do this. I don't want them to feel left out. Any ideas?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  10. Clearing polls

I want to clear my polls from the mac presenter and not have my responses cleared from my account page. This way I can use the same poll over and over again instead of having to copy the same poll multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Clearing polls currently works by removing responses and archiving them as a run. These archived responses can then be accessed through the reporting feature.

The polls you see in the Mac Presenter are the same polls you see on your account page.

Clearing a poll does not delete its responses.

11. Game Show Quiz Option?

I work with Elementary aged kids and I know that game show type questions really stir learning and competition. Is there a way to ask a question, see the reults like it's set up, then reveal the correct answer?

I know there are lots of creative ideas for live "poll" testing and even keep score??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Make Mac Version more seamless

I used it today in class and it seemed to sometimes automatically launch the poll from within the slideshow mode and other times I had to go tot he website to launch it.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please include the complete question (title) at the top of the downloaded CSV spreadsheet.

Right now part of the question is used as the sheet name in the CSV spreadhseet. It helps to have the whole question as an item in the spreadsheet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. The first time I used my Poll everywhere my staff was unable to log all their repsonses.

Can you tell me why we could not log up to our 40 responses? I am trying to sell this to staff but cannot of it doesnt work properly in the demo

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Chart of history

I want to see a chart display of responses from historical runs of a poll which looks like the live chart.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Embed code

I would be awesome if you could embed the web tools to enter in a code for a poll, so you could place it on your website to direct people to the source easily

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently offered through our existing /embed tools. Click on “blog or webpage” in the sharing menu or add /embed to the end of one of your poll’s permalinks to check it out. You could also use an iframe.

17. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Seems that I must start the poll from the machine

I am using a laptop to project the poll onscreen from Powerpoint. It would help if I could use my tablet to start/stop the poll and have it register onscreen. Right now, it seems that the poll needs to be started/stopped from the laptop.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Grade students for participation and/or correctness (can students can 1 point for answering and 2 points for correctness?)

Most clicker systems allow options for scoring answers. I like to give all students who are present half credit and all students with correct answers full credit. Can this be done without having to do all this converting in excel?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Kelly,

Currently, most users accomplish this by registering their students in the system and using our “Report Card” report. Being able to identify your respondents allows you to give participation credit. The “Report Card” report allows you to grade for correctness. You do not need to export this report to excel to access this info as it is displayed from our website; however, many teachers will export the report as a CSV and then upload it into their LMS.

http://www.polleverywhere.com/features/grading

20. Kill the autofill sort of system

If I have a question that has a question mark in it, it automatically gets turned into a multiple-choice question, and the text after the ? gets dropped into the first answer choice. I tried putting the question in quotation marks, but that didn't help. Don't use that "smart" system unless you add a confirmation question/step too.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base