Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Display Total Votes when Showing Percentages

It appears that when one chooses to show percentages instead of votes that the total number of votes is not displayed. It would be helpful if the total votes remained on the the screen for both options (or could be selected as an option). When I display percentages I have no way of knowing how much of my audience has participated in the poll.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. List multiple clickable polls under one link and let my students pick which to answer.

Hello, I just signed up at pollev.com/username. I entered one just for fun to test it. Since I teach multiple courses to different levels, is there a way to keep the link like a homepage, where my freshman, can click the poll labeled with a poll that has the day's date and freshman in parenthesis 7.17.13FRESHMAN or 7.17.13SOPHOMORE

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. More responses for K-12 teachers!

I am a k-12 high school teacher and I am teaching a county wide workshop this week on using your product in the classroom.. I love the idea of your product, but I often have classes much larger than 32 students, at times I have classes of up to 70 students. In the world of budget cuts, our classes are getting larger. It would be great to allow more responses for k-12 teachers to a poll. I know it is a free edition, but I can't use it in my larger classes, which is where I would really like to,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Sarah responded

Hi There,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration, however it is a much more difficult proposition for us to increase the number of responses per poll, as we do actually pay on behalf of all of our Free Accounts for the messaging capacity. Also, as the number of free accounts increases everyday it would be difficult to accommodate all those free accounts with greater number of responses which would equate greater messaging capacity. Thank you for understanding.

4. Average

I would like to be able to have students judge/rate an item (like a presentation) on a scale of 1 to 5 (or similar). I would like poll everywhere to be able to give me an average to one decimal point.
    Thank you

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is completed! Any paid user has access to the “Reports” tab, and the normal report can calculate averages both for Multiple Choice Polls that have numeric options, as well as for free-form numeric answers from Free Text Polls.

5. Sort the registered participants list

Click on the column title to sort the participant list by that field. Or at least sort them alphabetically! It is not clear how they are sorted now. For a large class this is very difficult.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Instructions button on the Free Text (open ended) poll

I just noticed that the "Show Instructions" button appears on the Multiple Choice poll, but not the Free Text poll...

Any way we can have the "Show Instructions" button on the Free Text poll as well?

Thanks!

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Is it possible to format questions and answers in polls?

I use the polls for teaching high school chemistry and I need access to subscript and superscript for writing out formulas. Would it be difficult to format these?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Copy multiple polls at once

Copy multiple polls at once

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Nicer themed slides

nicer themed slides

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate with Keynote

Better integration with Apple and Apple products. It is very glitchy.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  11. Start/Stop controls access from list

The Stop/Start button is more confusing now when the poll is being displayed, and there's no access to starting or stopping polls from the poll screen with a single-click. This is the only thing I dislike about the NEW pollev.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Lock/Unlock is our new concept of Start/Stop. We have a single button on the top right of every poll display that will be a grey Padlock icon. This will lock/stop a poll question and prevent any more responses from coming through.

For the most part, the “New” PollEv is based around the concept of activation. Usually I recommend just using our Full Screen feature to got through polls. Our User Guide will explain it better than I ever could. Check out our detailed explanation AND a video here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guide#presenting_from_the_web

Please shoot us an email to support@PollEverywhere.com if you have any trouble though!

12. Need a competition leaderboard slide

Need a report slide that can show which team is in the lead based on previous answers. It is too awkward creating reports each time to do this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  14. Rich text editor for questions

We have math and english teachers who need to be able to enter equations, formulas, sentence diagrams, etc. in their questions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  15. Participant list should not show every person in the account to all users

We have 10,000 participants and growing in our enterprise account. Users can see every participant in the course which is both confusing and intimidating. This is useful from the admin perspective, but regular faculty/staff users should only be able to see participants in the groups they have set up. They should be able to search for a participants across the account, but not see the entire list, unless they choose to.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is out and available! We changed our default displays for the Participants Table. Here’s a breakdown of the logic

- If you are a regular user (faculty member), when you go to the participants page it will only load the participants that are in Participant Groups that this particular user has made. So, it will only load and display the courses that professor has uploaded

- If you are a regular user and use the Search menu, then it will search over all of the participants on the account.

- Account Owners and Admins will still see all of the participants on the account by default.

- All users may click the Ungrouped option on the top right of the page to see all of the registered participants (students) on the account

Hope this helps! And, please let us know if you have any feedback

16. Feedback

I love the product.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  17. Lightweight presentation integration

Better integration with a wider range of presentation software (e.g., I can only install poll.ev app on computers I have admin privileges on, which mean no lecture theater computers).

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We are always working on our slideware integrations and looking for new ones. This may not work for everyone, but if you are unable to install our PowerPoint integration then I would highly recommend our Google Slides integration which runs off a Chrome Extension https://www.polleverywhere.com/app/google-slides

Or, if you are using Office 365 on a Windows PC you can try our Office 365 app as well!
    https://store.office.com/en-us/app.aspx?assetid=WA104218073&ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&appredirect=false

Hope this helps!

18. Multiple Classes Multiple Quizzes/Polls w/ Grades Excel File Export

Have multiple polls/quizzes for mulitple classes active at the same time. Have students register with name, school ID, and class period so results can be downloaded via .csv file for importing into class gradebook :)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah! I hear you. There are a few ways to make this happen today. You can use “participant groups” to register your students in different classes and then export their answers with our Gradebook report. We have the workflow for this on our Attendance Best Practices Guide, but it should work with what you have in mind for organizing by class: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605-attendance-best-practice

Otherwise, have you tried our Survey View? This is a link that allows students to take quizzes/polls on their own time (asynchronously). We’re expanding on our survey capabilities right now and you can check it out and let us know how it goes.

Read about survey view here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/152111-can-i-combine-multiple-questions-polls-into-a-su

19. visual settings help instructions

how can i change the visual settings on my chart... i can't see the "visual settings" icon you mention in your instructions, which says to go to the top right corner of my screen. (yes, i clicked on the poll i'm trying to change.)

oh, i had to call to your support and found the answer now... but you should change the help instructions... some of them refer to a gear icon which doesn't exist, and i don't think any of them mention that it is a feather icon, nor do they mention that it is in the middle/right side…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. international language support

Hi there,

Our teachers love using Poll everywhere but not all of them are bilingual.. Any plans to have it in different languages? We will be happy to help with Turkish and French translation / localization.

Many thanks,
    Metin Ferhatoglu
    Director of Technology
    American Robert College

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Educators' Ideas

Categories