Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Make taking attendance more effective

I would like to be able to take attendance using Poll Everywhere and see that my students are here or not. Currently, I pull up the report and it shows me who has responded. I'd like to see who in that group has NOT responded, so that I'll instantly know who is absent. It is time consuming to compare the class lists with the attendance poll. I would rather have a full list with all participants (whether they've responded or not.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for taking attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here:

https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not responsd

2. No More Prezi Support

I’m sorry to report that we are dropping support for Prezi.

Prezi captivated presenters everywhere with its fresh zooming approach to presentations. Their vision: Your message can be expressed in a limitless expanse. We were such big fans! We evangelized. In 2010 we brought them in as guest speakers to the Presentation Summit — a PowerPoint lair.

Sadly, their technology and business decisions regarding other companies like ours are not as inspiring. (full article: http://blog.polleverywhere.com/goodbye-prezi/ )

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Create a Poll Template for Word

Most teachers, myself included, have many review activities and quizzes that I would like to utilize on polleverywhere.com However, creating new polls by copy and past takes a long time. It would be great if I could upload my already created quizzes into polleverywhere.com.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Admin →
  4. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Menu options

Add buttons on the menu (horizontal or at left) to COLLAPSE ALL, SHOW ALL polls

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We have added a new Collapse All option to our My Polls dashboard. To collapse all of your groups, polls, and surveys

Click on the small checkmark to the top left of the page > then select Collapse All in the drop down menu.

For more details: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/911352

- unfortunately, we did not include an Expand or Show all because concerns that this will cause slowness for folks with an especially large number of polls. But, please let us know if you want that too!

6. Chat Feature

Allow a ticker/banner at the bottom of the poll for live commenting during polls and discussion!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We do have some ways to do this right now! You can use our Open Ended Poll Question in either Ticker or Text Wall view to get some live comments. Or, you can use our new Q&A/Brainstorm poll to get live comments and have the rest of your class give up/downvotes to support comments they like.

You could either ask one question and then follow up with an open ended poll for comments. Or, you can display each poll question on different projectors, or use a split screen to display both polls at once. Please email us at support@polleverywhere.com if you’d like some specific instructions for how!

7. Teachers sharing ideas

A way for teachers to share their poll ideas with other teachers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What exactly do you have in mind? There are a few things we can do today to help share polls and ideas.

1. You can search any publicly shared polls made by other educators at polleverywhere.com/polls and copy them to your account with the click of a button

2. If an educator you know has some questions they’d like to share with you – they can use our Private Link to send an email with a link to their poll. You can see some of the details about this on our user guide at:
    polleverywhere.com/guide#publishing_your_poll

8. Copying Groups of Polls

I'd like to copy or duplicate an entire group of polls (say for multiple sections of the same course without having to erase the data from section to section).

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can clear a poll’s results and restart it at 0 (for use with another class or audience). The cleared results are not deleted rather they are archived into a timeline. You can access each “run” on a poll’s timeline after it’s been cleared from the response history view or by running a report. The reporting tools are accessible on any paid plan.

If you’re still sure you want to copy a bunch of polls at once, group them, then go here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/my/polls/copy_group

9. expand the quesion writing box

When I write a long question I cannot read what I have written, only the first and last lines.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  10. Question Bank

bank of standard questions for teachers who may be new users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. allow multiple answers for multiple choice questions

Multiple answer questions (i.e. respondents can pick MORE THAN ONE answer from a multiple choice question)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  12. Changing Opinion Radio Button

I would like a radio button where people can update their Opinion as the presentation progresses. DISAGREE to AGREE with some space in the middle.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

We actually just release a feature that will allow people to change their response while the poll remains active. Basically, they
    1. can submit a response
    2. . click the Clear Response button on the web response page or send a text message with Clear to our number if they change their mind.
    3. then submit a new response. The poll chart will be updated immediately.

You can read about it in more detail on our blog here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/undo-your-response-to-a-multiple-choice-poll-no-more-accidents/

Will that work for you?

13. marking correct answer during a presentation

My students complete a poll for homework. However, as I am presenting a poll during class, I would like to be able to mark a multiple choice answer as correct WITHOUT having to go into edit mode. (Say, click on √ and then click on the correct answer?) At the current time, I either lose the dramatic effect of the live poll during class b/c students already know if their answer is correct or b/c I have to go into edit mode in the middle of the presentation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

You can mark the Toggle Correctness button while you remain in full screen presentation mode. The basics is that you would enable grading on the poll ahead of time. Then during the presentation if you hover your mouse over the right side of the screen the grey control buttons will appear. You can then click the Checkmark to show the correct answer.

We also have some keyboard shortcuts you can use while your presenting if you want to get really fancy. You can read about them here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/788328-keyboard-shortcuts-visual-chart

Hope this helps!

14. Reporting capabilities

Better reporting capabilities! Downloading results, or breaking results into audience segments is hard.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →
  15. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  16. online components

option to use for face to face class polls, but then have an equivalent (or similar poll for online students

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Admins assist users with polls

Allow admins to help with polls by users

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! Administrators on accounts with multiple users can do this today through the Account Polls menu. The administrator can go to the My Polls page > then select Account Polls on the left side of the page. The Account Polls page will show the polls for all of the users on the same account that you have permissions access to. From here you may view their polls, view their results, and make certain edits to them.

If you do not see the user who you are trying to help on the page you may need to adjust your User Group settings in order to have permission to see this users poll’s. You can see more details for how that works here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/802212

18. Google Apps Integration

Better Google Apps integration

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Grouping Participants

Better way to group participants once they are linked to your polls. I can only color code the participants, but I can't find a way to sort or collect the names within a "group"

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There are a few ways to sort your list of Registered Participants today. You can put your participants into Participant Groups. These can be created on the right side of the participants table. This will have color coded circles for each participant group. You may click on the circles on the right side to show/hide certain participant groups in the table.

You may also sort by first name, last name, email address, or created at date within the participant table. Finally, if that isn’t enough for you! You can also export the list of participants to CSV and sort within Excel.

20. option to assign poll to a pre-existing group as you create them

The option to choose a group to save your poll to after creating it would be useful. Quicker than having to keep dragging it from the default ungrouped area into the appropriate group, particularly if you already have a very long list

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base