Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. instructions on how to add a code

I am struggling to see how to add a code so that it can be used for voting via Twitter for example. Thank you for looking into this. Chrissi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hi Chrissi,

The code used to vote with twitter is the same code you use to vote via text message.

To enable a poll to receive twitter responses simply click the check-box next to “tweets” under the “how people can respond” menu. THis menu is to the right of the chart when viewing an individual poll.

2. Edit Multiple Polls

I'd like to be able to edit a group of polls.
    Moderate all, censor all, etc...

Rather than go edit each and every one separately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. make all information to download in excel format

i would suggest all the polls to be able to download in excel format.
    i work in nyit. in order to copy names from the website to excel sheet for my reports i have to split screen and sometimes i misspell the name. so you dhould actually make it downloaded into excel sheet in order to make it handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Monish,

That’s a great idea! In fact the system already works in this manner.

You can click the identify participants check-box in the upper right hand corner to display registered participant identities and then export to excel. Or, if you asked a poll to determine participant identities, just include that poll in the report.

4. enable font editing.

I cannot use subscripts and superscripts in my chemistry type poll questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pat yourselves on the back...this is so amazing

As a teacher and educational psychologist I can see so many ways that this will improve lessons and learning for kids...I have never looked forward to planning lessons so much before!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Callum! We hope you continue to enjoy using Poll Everywhere in your lessons and please let us know if you have any suggestions.

6. display polls in the report menu as they are set up in the poll section itself.

The order in which polls are displayed in the report menu has no discernible method which makes it cumbersome to find the specific polls on which I want to create a report. Could they not be grouped and ordered exactly the same way as in the poll screen itself?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Scott,

I’m marking this as completed because currently this is how the system does function. Your reports screen should display in the same order as your my polls screen (without group titles).

However, I looked into your account, and your reports list is certainly all over the place! I’ve logged this as a bug for engineering to look into, and we’ll email you directly when we know more / have it fixed!

7. Change order

I would like to change the order of my pulls after I have finished making them all in a given group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

You can reorder your polls by hovering over a poll on your “my polls” screen and clicking the arrow icon to the left. Click the arrow and drag the poll into your desired order.

8. Limit Responses

It would be nice to have the option to limit the number of responses per number. For example, I only want each student to be allowed to vote a certain number of times per question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dan,

This is an existing option. When viewing one of your polls click on the edit link. From this menu you can specify the number of responses you’ll allow from each participant. This setting is at the upper right under the heading, “Responses.”

9. allow me to put in a pdf, or jpg

I would like to use poll everywhere with my classes to go over state exam questions...but I have over 100 students so I need to create several polls for each question (1 for each class) and I would love to be able to use images so I could use any exam questions not only text questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow each cell phone number to create a name.

For example, if student Sam A, responds, the response would come up Sam A.: yes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Registered participants should be able to vote via web and twitter and responses be recorded as registered users

If a student registers for their responses to be viewed and sorted then they can only submit responses via text. Registered users should be able to vote via the web and twitter and responses can identify users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi Darin – This is already how our system works today! If a registered participant loggs in, then uses that web device to answer polls (from any of our various methods), then their responses are recorded as being from them. Hope this helps; if you’re on a paid plan, you can email us for a walk-through of steps to demonstrate this.

12. Would like to know who texted in answers

I want to be able to track who texted what answers...this would prevent students from writing in inappropriate answers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

You can already accomplish this by either registering your participants(on a paid plan).

OR (Free and paid plans): On a Free Text Poll you can show the last 4 digits of the phone number a response was texted from by selecting ‘show participants’ from the visual settings menu under the ‘chart’ tab. More info on visual settings here: http://bit.ly/pyD9Bh

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  14. create instructions for incorporating PE into existing PP presentations.

Many textbook suppliers provide PP slides that are ready to accept input from audience participation systems. I would like to be able to integrate student responsed into the existing PP slides, but don't know how to do this and can't seem to locate instructions for doing this.
    Thanks,
    Dave Jones

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dave,

Have you tried downloading a poll to PowerPoint yet? To do this click the “download as slide” menu when viewing a poll from the website.

We include instructions in the downloaded PowerPoint file. (Hint: You can copy and paste the poll from the dwonload into an existing PowerPoint presentation!)

Happy polling!

Steve

15. Allow disabling real-time vote-tallying (or make it clearer that's possible)

I'd like my students to vote without seeing the votes from other students as they come in. After everyone has voted, then I want to show the results. I see that this has been suggested and is marked "Completed." So how do I do it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

When you hover over a multiple choice poll’s live chart, you will see several controls appear. One of these, show instructions, can be used to toggle between the voting instructions and results. The view you are on when you exit the poll will be the same when you return. So, most educators will leave a poll in the show instructions when moving on, so the graph will not appear first if they reuse the poll.

16. I'm a teacher and I would like to "name" my groups

How can you give a name or chapter title to your groups?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi there! Groups can be renamed (it’s been this way for a while). Just click the name of the group, and you can edit it (or, hover over the group’s row and see the “edit” link appear)

17. Use poll for restricted voting

I attend a large conference where only delegates are allowed to vote for officers. The votes are manually tallied and signatures are compared. If you had a system where you could register cell phone number and only allow votes from those numbers it might allow for a much smoother voting procedure

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base