Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Hiding results

Give us an option for hiding the results of the poll. That way in class students won't be influenced by others who vote before them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Option to allow users to select existing open-ended entries

When collecting open-ended entries, allow users to instead select others' previously entered entries. This would be awesome for question-oriented polls during live presentations. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow for the use of superscripts and subscripts within the text.

Math and science teachers would appreciate the ability to type in subscripts and superscripts. The is beneficial for science when writing chemical formulae (i.e. Al2O3 where the numbers should be subscripts) or in mathematical functions (i.e. x^2 which is aiming to describe "x squared").

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Correct a spelling error

When creating a question, You display an example of what the question might be. "Whats your favorite color? Red, Blue, or Green"

Unfortuntately, you are missing an apostrophe in "What's".

Thanks for creating PollEverywhere.

Leigh Zeitz
    University of Northern Iowa

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it Google compatible

I love that I can download poll questions to PowerPoint, but since I am usually replacing PowerPoints with Google Presentations, it would be great if there were a way to use Poll Everywhere with it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Maximize size

When I project the poll to my class it can be hard to read, is there a way to enlarge the print so the back of the room can see? Maybe having a maximize button to put only the poll up?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is currently possible. Hover over the chart with your mouse and in the upper right-hand corner you’ll see some controls pop up. One of which allows you to enable full-screen which will enlarge the poll.

8. Registered Participants Date Display

the dates displayed to show, for example, date of Last Login and date Participants were registered, do not show the year, only the day and month. It would be useful to show the full date on these pages, and also the date a poll was first created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. texted information

It would be great if the actual information sent to the numeric contact (#####) were just a multiple choice selection like A,B,C,D or just the word of phrase instead of the numeric code in addition too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That would be awesome! It’s possible by assigning each user their own text to number (like 22333). Most services like ours use the keyword model to avoid assigning shortcodes to each customer because they cost over $30k a year!

We do have a new keyword model called simple keywords we’re starting to test. You can try this out and turn it on for your account by going to www.polleverywhere.com/labs.

Also, using webvoting works exactly like you described as each user can reserve their own Pollev page (without a $30k price tag).

10. Larger lecture class size

My class varies from about 580 in the fall semester and just less than 500 for the winter semester. Is there a price quote you can give me for this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Lisa,

The Individual Instructor Plan can be adjusted to accommodate you (no additional cost)! The default 400 response limit is in place to prevent abuse more than anything. Shoot me an email (steve@polleverywhere.com) if you’d like to learn more!

Steve

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, most people will use the system live with an audience or classroom and display polls (one at a time) on a projector or large display. There are other ways to distribute polls as well though.

Here’s a great video on the many ways to use Poll Everywhere with an audience or class: https://vimeo.com/50779999

12. No More Prezi Support

I’m sorry to report that we are dropping support for Prezi.

Prezi captivated presenters everywhere with its fresh zooming approach to presentations. Their vision: Your message can be expressed in a limitless expanse. We were such big fans! We evangelized. In 2010 we brought them in as guest speakers to the Presentation Summit — a PowerPoint lair.

Sadly, their technology and business decisions regarding other companies like ours are not as inspiring. (full article: http://blog.polleverywhere.com/goodbye-prezi/ )

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. make viewing of longer answers easier

In my English classes we have to do A LOT of grammar work. The students get so bored with just using worksheets. I am trying to use your program to help liven it up, but I have to show complete sentences to practice punctuation. The only view that works well to show the whole sentence is the Summary Table. When I try to put the view into full screen so the students can see the sentence better laid out, the font size is almost too small for the details of punctuation.

I must say though, I found the website only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tony,

The best way to integrate our tool in this type of exercise would be to use a PowerPoint slideshow. That way you can structure your questions with complete sentences more easily and create your own instruction formatting for the poll. Then embed the poll chart on another slide to show the live results.

14. create a better spreadsheet of student answers

The spreadsheet should look like this:

Each student name should be on the left going down the rows.
    Each question should be runnin left to right in the columns

This will enable the teacher to view all of the students answers to each question (correct or incorrect) all at once, instead of looking up each individual student.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is the existing format for the List Report. To run the report select the applicable polls (or all of your polls) from the My Polls screen using the checkboxes. Then click the grey report button at the top. The resulting report will be exactly as you described. You can also download this report as a CSV for editing in a spreadsheet program like Excel.

15. Hide the poll responses until the responses are in

I'm a teacher and I use Polleverywhere at the start of class to review the material from the class the day before. This allows the kids who take a little longer to have a chance to think about the answer before answering. When the responses show up in real time, they can see the other answers which sways them as they are thinking it thru.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We actually already have this implemented for Multiple Choice Questions.

Hover your mouse over the chart and you’ll see some controls pop-up in the upper right corner. Use the “Show Instructions” button to toggle between instructions view and the results.

16. Clearing polls

I want to clear my polls from the mac presenter and not have my responses cleared from my account page. This way I can use the same poll over and over again instead of having to copy the same poll multiple times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Clearing polls currently works by removing responses and archiving them as a run. These archived responses can then be accessed through the reporting feature.

The polls you see in the Mac Presenter are the same polls you see on your account page.

Clearing a poll does not delete its responses.

17. customize font

Please allow us to change the font size of the question so that the font of the choices is not so small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. change-able awnsers

if you text again to the same poll it changes your awnser to the new one

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Change Answer feature is now available! Students may now click “Clear Responses” at the bottom of the page to change their original answer. And, if they are using text message – they may text Clear or Undo to the same number to change their response. Tell us what you think!

19. Anonymous Polling Option

I would like to be able to optionally designate a poll to be anonymous, where registered users will not be tracked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can currently be done by having participants reply from a web device without logging in… but we’re working on a better way.

20. Email it.

email the poll

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base