Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. have a "one-time unlimited" plan for university instructors.

Sometimes, we give a large talk once in a while, but not on a regular basis, such as at a conference, or event. It would be great if there were another option that could be used for 24 hours, instead of an entire semester.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Edit Multiple Polls

I'd like to be able to edit a group of polls.
    Moderate all, censor all, etc...

Rather than go edit each and every one separately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. make all information to download in excel format

i would suggest all the polls to be able to download in excel format.
    i work in nyit. in order to copy names from the website to excel sheet for my reports i have to split screen and sometimes i misspell the name. so you dhould actually make it downloaded into excel sheet in order to make it handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Monish,

That’s a great idea! In fact the system already works in this manner.

You can click the identify participants check-box in the upper right hand corner to display registered participant identities and then export to excel. Or, if you asked a poll to determine participant identities, just include that poll in the report.

4. enable font editing.

I cannot use subscripts and superscripts in my chemistry type poll questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. Pat yourselves on the back...this is so amazing

As a teacher and educational psychologist I can see so many ways that this will improve lessons and learning for kids...I have never looked forward to planning lessons so much before!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Callum! We hope you continue to enjoy using Poll Everywhere in your lessons and please let us know if you have any suggestions.

7. display polls in the report menu as they are set up in the poll section itself.

The order in which polls are displayed in the report menu has no discernible method which makes it cumbersome to find the specific polls on which I want to create a report. Could they not be grouped and ordered exactly the same way as in the poll screen itself?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Scott,

I’m marking this as completed because currently this is how the system does function. Your reports screen should display in the same order as your my polls screen (without group titles).

However, I looked into your account, and your reports list is certainly all over the place! I’ve logged this as a bug for engineering to look into, and we’ll email you directly when we know more / have it fixed!

8. Change order

I would like to change the order of my pulls after I have finished making them all in a given group.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

You can reorder your polls by hovering over a poll on your “my polls” screen and clicking the arrow icon to the left. Click the arrow and drag the poll into your desired order.

9. Limit Responses

It would be nice to have the option to limit the number of responses per number. For example, I only want each student to be allowed to vote a certain number of times per question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dan,

This is an existing option. When viewing one of your polls click on the edit link. From this menu you can specify the number of responses you’ll allow from each participant. This setting is at the upper right under the heading, “Responses.”

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes! Hover over the group title (it may say “new group”) and click the edit button. This will enable you to change the group name and session keyword (if on a plan that supports custom keywords). Simply click save after editing and you’re all set!

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. Math Type for math teachers

Recently, I tried using your program to quiz my students on their knowledge of the math concepts in Algebra 2. It would be much better for the students and myself if the program incorporated options for some of the symbols used in math. An "equation editor" or "math type" feature would make this program AMAZING!

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable QR Codes?

Would be great if a QR Code could be displayed next to my unique URL of PollEv.com/mrztechtv since my audience could scan the QR code instead of typing in the short URL. Thanks for considering!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new Beta feature to add some support for QR codes. It is fully functional and supported, but remains in beta because it does not currently work for Competitions.

You can enable this feature here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/labs

Once the QR Code feature is enabled for you account when you open a poll you should see a small QR code next to the response instructions on the chart. If you click this QR icon → a QR code will expand to show on the entire screen.

Anyone in your audience may then use any standard QR code reader on their phones to navigate to your pollev.com/username page

Furthermore, you may download the image for your QR code and add that as a slide in PowerPoint if you have your own instructions for the audience. You can download this image at polleverywhere.com/profile/edit

Hope this helps!

14. allow me to put in a pdf, or jpg

I would like to use poll everywhere with my classes to go over state exam questions...but I have over 100 students so I need to create several polls for each question (1 for each class) and I would love to be able to use images so I could use any exam questions not only text questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow each cell phone number to create a name.

For example, if student Sam A, responds, the response would come up Sam A.: yes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Registered participants should be able to vote via web and twitter and responses be recorded as registered users

If a student registers for their responses to be viewed and sorted then they can only submit responses via text. Registered users should be able to vote via the web and twitter and responses can identify users.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Anonymous responded

Hi Darin – This is already how our system works today! If a registered participant loggs in, then uses that web device to answer polls (from any of our various methods), then their responses are recorded as being from them. Hope this helps; if you’re on a paid plan, you can email us for a walk-through of steps to demonstrate this.

17. Create an iPhone and Android app

It should be an easy feed from your website. An app would be much easier for students on mobile devices. Loging into your website on a mobile device isn't as smooth or userfriendly as an app.

84 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Would like to know who texted in answers

I want to be able to track who texted what answers...this would prevent students from writing in inappropriate answers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Thomas,

You can already accomplish this by either registering your participants(on a paid plan).

OR (Free and paid plans): On a Free Text Poll you can show the last 4 digits of the phone number a response was texted from by selecting ‘show participants’ from the visual settings menu under the ‘chart’ tab. More info on visual settings here: http://bit.ly/pyD9Bh

19. integrate with Infrastructure Canvas

Infrastructure Canvas is the new "blackboard" at all the Universities in Utah. It will be nice to have this function instead of their dumb quizes.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. increase the number of student responses posssible in free account

30 responses limits my use of this application. I only have tried to use everywhere poll twice, but both times, I found out I could not poll the entire class. I think at least 50 is needed, but 100 would be great. Seems like this would get more advertising out for you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base