Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Provide an option to hide results until the poll is stopped.

Hi, I love this website. My only issue right now is that I dont want my students to see the results before everyone has voted (so they dont just vote for the popular choice). Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. create instructions for incorporating PE into existing PP presentations.

Many textbook suppliers provide PP slides that are ready to accept input from audience participation systems. I would like to be able to integrate student responsed into the existing PP slides, but don't know how to do this and can't seem to locate instructions for doing this.
    Thanks,
    Dave Jones

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Dave,

Have you tried downloading a poll to PowerPoint yet? To do this click the “download as slide” menu when viewing a poll from the website.

We include instructions in the downloaded PowerPoint file. (Hint: You can copy and paste the poll from the dwonload into an existing PowerPoint presentation!)

Happy polling!

Steve

4. export live response feed RSS to Wordle

an RSS feed of the live response could be integrated into any application that reads feeds and represents them in more of an infographic way...such as Wordle

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Update PollEV page from PowerPoint

I'd suggest that when you go from question to question in a PowerPoint presentation that it update the PollEV page. It does this when switching from question to question on the web, but not in a presentation.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  6. Correct Responses

The survey results, when combines into a group, should be viewable by participants AND ALSO should show you whether or not they got the answers right or wrong. Right now, you can only see what they answered, it does not show you whether or not it is correct.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. I'm a teacher and I would like to "name" my groups

How can you give a name or chapter title to your groups?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi there! Groups can be renamed (it’s been this way for a while). Just click the name of the group, and you can edit it (or, hover over the group’s row and see the “edit” link appear)

8. Allow disabling real-time vote-tallying (or make it clearer that's possible)

I'd like my students to vote without seeing the votes from other students as they come in. After everyone has voted, then I want to show the results. I see that this has been suggested and is marked "Completed." So how do I do it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi David,

When you hover over a multiple choice poll’s live chart, you will see several controls appear. One of these, show instructions, can be used to toggle between the voting instructions and results. The view you are on when you exit the poll will be the same when you return. So, most educators will leave a poll in the show instructions when moving on, so the graph will not appear first if they reuse the poll.

9. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Is it possible to format questions and answers in polls?

I use the polls for teaching high school chemistry and I need access to subscript and superscript for writing out formulas. Would it be difficult to format these?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use poll for restricted voting

I attend a large conference where only delegates are allowed to vote for officers. The votes are manually tallied and signatures are compared. If you had a system where you could register cell phone number and only allow votes from those numbers it might allow for a much smoother voting procedure

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Indicate Correct Response - Great Idea for Expanding your Sales in K-12 and Higher Ed!

More than a couple of paragraphs, but they're small, and it's a good idea that's worth a few minutes of your time. I promise!

For educational use - I know that you could entice a larger group of educators by adding a feature to your polls in which the following is possible:

1) The user can identify a correct answer (multiple choice and short answer)

2) The voter receives a response when using poll4.com that indicates whether or not they are correct.

I have seen this feature available in software for Student Response Systems (SRS).

As an example, say you…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →
  15. Suggestion: download option on Participants list

I use PE for a large university class. I have 7 pages of registered voters, and It would be handy to have a download feature on the Participants list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. More responses for K-12 teachers!

I am a k-12 high school teacher and I am teaching a county wide workshop this week on using your product in the classroom.. I love the idea of your product, but I often have classes much larger than 32 students, at times I have classes of up to 70 students. In the world of budget cuts, our classes are getting larger. It would be great to allow more responses for k-12 teachers to a poll. I know it is a free edition, but I can't use it in my larger classes, which is where I would really like to,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  Sarah responded

Hi There,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration, however it is a much more difficult proposition for us to increase the number of responses per poll, as we do actually pay on behalf of all of our Free Accounts for the messaging capacity. Also, as the number of free accounts increases everyday it would be difficult to accommodate all those free accounts with greater number of responses which would equate greater messaging capacity. Thank you for understanding.

17. Folder structure would make organizing questions easier.

In the context of higher ed, we are using PE for things like test review. It would therefore make sense to have a folder structure on the My Polls screen, such that I could place one set of polls (really poll questions) in a folder called "Midterm Review" and another set in a folder called "Final Exam Review."

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
1 2 13 14 15 17 Next →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base