Skip to content

Ideas

363 results found

1. Visme presentation?

I've recently moved all presentations over to using Visme (away from Prezi and Powerpoint). An excellent tool, except I can not embed my polls. Is there a way I can do this with Visme like I did with Power Point rather than having to close out and go to full web screen shot?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Nested Questions

Nested questions based on how an initial question is answered.

For example, question 1 is a yes or no question. If the respondent answers yes, they're brought to a follow-up question (question 2); if their answer is no, they're brought to a different follow-up (question 3).

Once those are responded to, the answers can be merged into one poll for display.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ability to adjust Fonts, etc within the multiple choice options

Would like the ability to adjust fonts, colors, size, underline, etc in the multiple choice options. This would be useful in grammar type questions, when we want people to notice the differences in the multiple choice options.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

There is a workaround that I might suggest, let me know if this could work for you.

Our polls support LaTeX which is typically used by math or science professors to give equations. However, LaTeX also supports way to underline, bold, italicize etc… text in general.

You can see a bit how it works here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

And, I usually recommend this website for examples around LaTeX (there’s a whole section on the formatting you’re describing): https://www.sharelatex.com/learn

Would that work for you?

4. Q&A enhancement

Add the option for a Customisable Question with a User Drop Down box options before continuing on to the page to write your Q&A, This would allow us to continue as anonymous, yet have a group identifier that allows us to tailor the response in a live Q&A. The example I have is to be able to identify the market / location where the question is being asked from. This would then be displayed in a new column during a live Q&A so that you can sort by market first, and votes second, so that each population has questions answered.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Change language instructions for specific polls

It would be good to have an option to change the language instructions for a specific poll. Right now when you change the language settings it affects all polls.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Reporting enhancements

Not sure if these issues are simply user-error and I'm not looking in the right places, but if not I hope this will be of use. Despite the following, I found Poll Everywhere to be a fantastic and useful tool for the most part as did the participants in the conference we used it for.

I have polls that are grouped by which session they apply to in a multi-day conference. When it comes to reporting, I'm having to generate a report for each session because if I select all groups then the report not only shows no distinction between…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Voters count rather that votes count

I often allow voters to vote for more than one item. When I do so, I can see how many votes have been cast, but not how many people have voted. I want to be able to see the latter, because I want to know when most people have cast a vote. This is impossible to tell from the tally of votes, since some people cast multiple votes

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! I’ll bring it up to our engineers. I know this is a bit trickier for us to do than simply changing a visual setting because we have to securely pass the participant data back to the poll. This is especially difficult for our Anonymous polls. As well as keeping it crystal clear to people what we are counting. Last thing we want is to confuse folks who see that the number of responses and the count don’t match up.

But, I can certainly understand the desire here.

8. User poll completion prominent notification

I have run the same ranking poll several times with the same group. About half the group each time asks" did you receive my ranking? All I see is a circle with a line through it that looks like there is a problem". I know that the red slash circle is intended to warn that the user will be clearing and restarting the ranking poll. Can the message be made more clear and prominent that the ranking poll has been successfully submitted? thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Timer is hidden behind Google Slides toolbar

When using the Poll Everywhere extension within presentation mode of Google Slides, the timer is actually hidden behind the Google Slides toolbar in the lower left corner of the screen. When you attempt to manipulate the timer, you cannot make any changes to it because the Google Slides toolbar covers it every time the cursor gets near the timer. If there were a setting to select the position of the timer or if it could freely be moved, that would solve the problem.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Heather,

I’m sorry about the trouble with our Google Slides integration. Thank you for bringing this up to us. This looks like a bug on our end. We should have a fix for this with our next update to our Chrome Extension for Google Slides.

We’ll send you an email when that is coming out.

Thanks for bringing this up!

10. Automatically insert replies from one poll to a new one in a presentation

It would be great to have the possibillity to take the answers from one poll directly into another poll/question during a presentation, without having to take a break in the presentation to do this manually.
    Specifically, I have been hoping to first start out with a word cloud, and then directly switch over to another question (e.g. rank order, multiple choice or upvote) where the respondents can vote on the words reported in from the previous question (hence the replies on the first question is seamlessly added into the second).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is tricky for us to do. I love the idea, but it’s subtly very hard to cover all of our edge cases.

Have you tried our Q&A Poll before? It’s not going to give you the exact same behavior but it hits a similar need. That poll type allows your audience to reply with open ended responses and up/downvote those responses as well.

Is that sufficient for you? You can read a bit about our Q&A polls here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/question-and-answer-brainstorm

11. Develop the Liveslide app for the i-pad

Using Apple TV and an ipad via a modulator allows us to run rolling presentations throught business premises. The ability to add a weather page, sports news pages etc is a great feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reverse display order for open-ended responses

We use open-ended responses to collect questions for executive town halls. It would be great if we could reverse the order and new responses/questions would be added at the bottom instead of the top.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Insert video or url in the surveys or activities

Insert video or URL in the surveys or activities

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Would you expect the video to load and display for your audience on their mobile devices? Or, is it more just to be able for them to link to another website?

There are a few security concerns because there is always some risk to linking or loading other websites but it’s a fun idea

14. Placeholder slide: rather than random shot - just have title portion. That way, won’t ‘glitch’ while waiting for server connection

Currently the slide you’ll see in slide deck of PowerPoint is apparently randomly generated, sometimes capturing a chart with answer from previously run poll ( the last time you presented the deck live). This leads to cumbersome need to pull out the poll everywhere slides and reinsert them fresh each time you give the talk. Or else will risk a glitchy presentation and slide deck that has answers revealed from last presentation. The ‘placeholder slides’ poll everywhere uses do not update - they are truly just ‘placeholders’. The best solution is for those placeholders to be ‘clean’ and unrevealing of…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! That’s really interesting to hear. We had a lot of discussions about whether to show or hide the results on the placeholder images. It was tough to try and decide.

I’ve shared this with our team and we’ll be checking in with other customers if they have a preference as well.

15. Allow the poll timer to activate when using the mobile app.

For many reasons, I do not embed the poll questions in my presentation, but prefer to "push" the poll questions to the audience while showing a different presentation slide. With the embedded poll slides/desktop version, the timer for a question will activate and then lock the poll. However, when the mobile app is used, the timer for the poll will not activate. It would be nice to either have it activate the timer or give a timer start option within the mobile app.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Gradebook Reports Enhancements

For grading, reports are very limited currently. Here are some crucial features that are badly needed, in particular for cvs download.

Include information of what group the poll was part of.

Include information of when the poll was administered.

Be able to control the order of polls (columns), especially chronologically when the polls were administered.

Be able to group polls in sessions.

Use case:
    Every class I give three polls. My students get one point per poll up to a possible total of 3. They also get one attendance point if they answered at least one of the polls (no…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I can definitely understand the frustration here. Our Gradebook reports were mostly designed to be exported into an LMS (Blackboard, Canvas etc..). It does break down a bit when you are looking at a larger number of polls, especially across multiple groups or multiple courses.

One thing that I would recommend is to instead use our Response Pivot Table Report and export that to CSV. That will include the group title, several timestamps of the responses, and more. It isn’t ideal, but would be my best suggestion for now.

17. Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

Add a spelling and grammar checker so our questions and answers don't have these errors

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow presenting slides on iOS that were created on a PC/mac

Right now the only way to present a poll on the iOS version of PowerPoint is to create the poll on iOS.

Per your support article, "Only polls created on the iPad will work in PowerPoint for iPad. This means if you’re copying over a presentation to the iPad, you will need to re-create all of its polls."

This seems like a gigantic oversight in functionality, or at least in letting users know about it. Presenting on iPad is one thing, authoring on it is another very different matter.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We made some recent changes to our Office 365 integration (which is the version of Office used on iOS). These changes will let you log into your Poll Everywhere account and insert polls that you created previously. So, you do not need to “recreate” poll questions, but you will need to reinsert them into your PowerPoint presentation.

Office 365 for iPad works on a completely different architecture than our desktop PowerPoint app, so the two are not interchangeable for now.

That said, there is a way to do this but it means using the Office 365 App from the get go. If you have Office 365 on your desktop, you can create the poll questions from our Office 365 App and then open the deck on your iPad. Here’s a bit how:

1. open PowerPoint on your desktop
    2. click Insert → Add-ins → store → find the Poll Everywhere…

19. Floating Toolbar

I would like a floating toolbar similar to what Turning Technologies offers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Display multiple results simultaneously

It would be nice for users to view results from multiple questions simultaneously as they are being voted.

For instance, users would see multiple results tallied as users are inputting data.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible to do if you have the correct setup. It’s a little complicated though. Here’s what I would recommend if you’re interested:

- create a Survey. A survey will let your audience respond to multiple poll questions on their own time at your pollev.com/username page. For details: https://blog.polleverywhere.com/create-first-poll-everywhere-survey/

- then you can use our Live Response Link to show the chart visualization for each individual poll question in the survey. You can find this link by
    clicking on the title of the poll question → click “Present” tab on the top right → select Share → then copy the Live Results Link.

- you will need to have separate browser windows or monitors to display all of these questions at once. And, there is no way to display multiple questions with our PowerPoint integration (it will cause a conflict).

All of those polls will automatically update as…

• Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base