Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Choose layout on questions

I need the students to pick one or more images on a page. E.g. "Who, of these persons, have a criminal record". The questions MUST NOT be placed in a long column, but side by side + displayed in random.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Randomize questions

I need to be able to randomize questions, in order to prevent biased/ unconsious choices. Like Kahoot offers

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Ranking Polls to have option to show correct answer

We would like to have participants rank the options based on what they think is the answer and then have the ability to show them the correct ranking order next to their answers.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Same function but for Open Office

another common office program

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow group members to copy questions to the entire group of collaborators instead of writing finding each email address one by one.

We have faculty working with a group of TAs. The faculty regularly share a group of questions to TAs and would like to share to all of them by searching for the name of the group rather than searching and adding each group member.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We are beginning work on a project we hope will address these sorts of collaboration issues. The goal is to allow one person to share a selection of their poll questions with a User Group who will all be able to present, but not edit, those polls.

There’s plenty more to it than that and lots of details, but that is it in a nutshell.

Thanks again for the feedback and stay tuned for more information on that project. We’ll be posting about in the next few months.

6. Scale & 100 point questions

I had to go with www.mentimeter.com for a conference due to not having the question types of scales and 100 points. You guys should check those 2 types out and add them to poll everywhere.

57 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Backup

I now have hundreds of polls, representing many hours of work over five years. I would like to be able to make a backup for myself, in case something gets lost online, either because of my own user error or your system's.
    Is there any way to do this, other than somehow creating a "report" for all poll questions?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. K-12 Free vs. Premium

I think it's an oversight that the number of respondents per poll is the same (40) for both the k-12 free and premium accounts. What's the point of upgrading if I can't also increase the number of respondents? Sure, the size of 40 works well for a single class, but what about having an entire GRADE respond to the same poll at the same time to record accurate data? If the number of respondents increases for the Business & Non-profit plans (25, 50, 100, etc.), then why can't this increase also be applied to the K-12 plans? Upping the premium…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move the previous and next buttons slightly so that they do not block the total results tally.

A great way to use poll everywhere on a very quick basis is to split the screen and have images or questions open in one app and have the poll everywhere open in a second window. However, unless you are in full screen mode, the previous and next buttons block the total number so you can see when your audience has completed the survey. This ought to be an easy fix.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Give access only to the attending students.

It would be great if only the attending students can response to the active survey or quiz. If a student is registered in the class, he still can take the survey even though he is not attending the class. This feature will be very helpful in taking the class attendance. I would recommend having an access code for each survey displayed on the board. Attending students only can see it and type it in to access the survey. This feature can be added to the survey setting, such as Restrict to participants with access code only.

16 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve discussed a few different ways we might do this. I’d like to ask if this would work for you:

If the title of the question is not displayed on the mobile device, so the only was a student could know what you are asking is if they can see the chart, would that be sufficient for you?

It isn’t fool proof, but we’re a little hesitant to add in the complexity to reply that it takes to enter a long, rotating code. There’s just a balance we’re trying to strike between ease of replying and preventing any cheating.

11. Editing participant poll answers as a presenter.

Possible way for presenters to edit participant's poll answers? Often times, participants request a change of Poll answers simply because they selected the incorrect answer for a graded poll or they had technical difficulties trying to access the Poll. I was just wondering if there's already a feature implemented where the presenter can go in and change the participant's answer or even manually enter in a participant's answer.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do not have a way to do this right now. I definitely understand the situation when a participant has legitimate issues and should get a correct score.

Longer term, I expect that we will create something like this. However, there are some implications around potential cheating and data ownership that just makes it trickier to implement. Mostly this is around editing open ended responses where a bad actor could abuse Poll Everywhere to get a participant in trouble by editing their responses.

We might be able to do something to edit points/correctness from our reports. Otherwise, for now, I recommend making any necessary edits from wherever you are storing the grades long term.

Thanks for the idea!

12. Edit order of groups in the Participants screen

I'd like to change the ordering of the groups listed on the right side of the Participants screen. Possibly drag them up or down after clicking on the Edit button.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the suggestion! I actually have never heard of this before, but you are 100% right we do not currently have a way to reorder or customize those at all right now.

We’re generally trying to move away from drag and drop within the application to better support Tablets and mobile devices. However, I will bring up reordering the list for future enhancements to that page.

Thanks again!

13. Adding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question.

dding a feature that allows participants to notified when they are to answer a poll question. This could be something like a push notification on the app or an email alert when using the website.

46 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This could be possible for us to do with our downloadable mobile application, but gets very tricky for participants that are just using a web browser or text messaging to reply. We’ve also been very hesitant to cause any notification that might cause “buzzing” or other sounds in a large auditorium as it might be very distracting, although I believe there are some ways around that.

Are most of your participants using the downloadable app or are you looking for something more?

Thanks for the feedback!

14. Adding language support to the PollEv Response Page (currently affects only the poll slidesn not the web page people go to)

the languages change currently affects only the poll slides and not the web page people go to to submit their response.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is part of a long term plan for us. However, localizing the language for the response page is a significant effort for us because of just how many errors, warnings, and other general text that we display. That is why we began with the Response Instructions on the slide.

I can’t say when we’ll get there, but we hear you. Thanks for the feedback!

15. Provide options for uploading grades to Canvas LMS

When I export grades to Canvas, I'd like some options (checkboxes) to decide what to export. E.g., If I select a group of polls, I would like to send just the participation percent; or a total points for the polls. Often I don't want individual polls in the gradebook, just a score for the day.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Polls embedded in PowerPoint should save final results

When I have multiple polls in PowerPoint, after the presentation is done, the results of the last active poll are saved on a slide - because that poll is still considered active. I'd like all the results collected during the presentation to be saved on the slide for each poll so that when I distribute the presentation the static results are show. Simply doing whatever you do with the active poll when the presentation is closed should be applied to the inactive polls too.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!

We do have a way to insert a screenshot with the results into PowerPoint. That would be my recommendation for right now. The tricky part for us is that many presenters like to reuse their decks and they want to have the poll slides always be empty and not show results. It’s a tough tradeoff for us.

But, here’s how you can insert screenshots with the results without leaving PowerPoint for Windows
    1. in PowerPoint, click on the Poll Everywhere tab in the upper right
    2. then click the arrow icon at the bottom of the Insert button
    3. select Screenshot
    4. click the checkbox for the polls you want to get screenshots for
    5. then click Insert Screenshot

That will insert separate powerpoint slides with screenshots for the selected polls. You may then move those to the desired spot in your deck before sharing.

17. Hybrid multiple choice / free text question type

It would be helpful to have a hybrid multiple choice / free text questions type. E.g. Have 3 multiple choice options and an "Other" free text field

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and

Hello, it would be convenient if members of a user group could see each others participant groups and that an administrator could set up and enroll participants in the group of other users

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea, I can understand the desire of admins being able to setup or maintain participant groups. Right now, administrators may invite/add participants to an account. And, those participants (students) could then reply to the polls of any presenter on the account as a registered participant. But, Participant Groups are all based on the specific user or presenter.

It’s certainly possible for us to make some architectural changes around how we store participant groups and the permissions around them, but unfortunately it’s not an easy or quick project. I don’t expect us to create this in the short term unless there’s a lot of interest from the community.

Thanks for the suggestion though! We appreciate it and will definitely take it under consideration

19. Re the "empty the poll" button

1. The button for emptying the poll is right next to the one for locking
      the poll. When I lock the poll I am usually in a hurry (like in a
      class), and I made a mistake hitting the wrong button (and the buttons
      look similar enough when the instructor is in a hurry). I think it would
      be best for the emptying button to be in a separate place (like at the
      bottom where the recycle bin is usually located).

2. If emptying the poll is undoable (until saved?), that would be a
      great feature to have, I think.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow hyperlink open on a poll

I wish there is a way to allow live link on a poll page. For example, a instructor wants a student to read an article/watch a video on their own devices. He can create a poll with the link embedded. Currently, I can type in the link in the question or answer box, but the link is deal.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Does the instructor want the students to read the article before they reply to the poll or after?

If it’s before, we’ll need to build something to support this. I’m a little worried if there are any security implications where someone could post a malicious link and I’d need to speak with some of our legal/security folks to make sure that’s okay.

Otherwise, if the link should be shown after the students reply → we can do that today with our Custom Reply Message. This shows a small notification after the reply has been sent and you can paste a clickable link here.

For details on the custom reply message: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

1 2 8 10 12 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base