Skip to content

Ideas

165 results found

1. Create a brief tutorial video to show attendees the tools from their perspective - to be able to share this video before a workshop

Create a brief tutorial video to show attendees how the tools work from their perspective. It would be very helpful to be able to share this with attendees before a workshop so they know what to expect.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. Scroll through polls on iPad

On the presenter app for the iPad, I wish I could simply go from one poll to the next without having to go back to the main folder. I use my iPad to release polls to my students, and this would save me a lot of time, since I always order the polls the way I want them to be anyway.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your suggestion! In the Poll Everywhere Presenter app, you can enter presentation mode by clicking on the play button in the top right-hand corner of your activity. From there, you can either scroll or use the arrows to move between activities.

Let me know if that helps!

3. Show/hide responses on multiple polls at the same time

I like to hide responses as default for polling so that people aren't influenced by the responses of others while they vote. As it is, I have to individually change each one from show to hide after I make it since show is the default. Also, I'm using these polls in the classroom and I use the same questions for each class, so again I have to go in and change every since one I just used back from show to hide. It would be much better if there were a way to do it all at once from the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

Thanks for your suggestion! You can set the default to “Show the instructions” in your Activity settings. Find them by clicking on your username in the upper right-hand corner of your Activities page followed by My settings. After you hit Save, all activities moving forward will have that option selected.

4. Activate multiple polls at once

As part of remote learning, I've been bundling questions into surveys so student groups have multiple questions to think about when they go to discuss them in "breakout groups". While the survey format work, it is a bit of a hassle bundling the questions this way, I don't like how the surveys response viewer controls as much as individual questions. It would be great if I could just activate multiple polls at once to avoid having to use the survey feature.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for your question! To collect responses on multiple activities, we recommend using response links. You can find them on your Activities page by clicking on “Actions” next to the activity title. Response links do not rely on activation, so you can send multiple links simultaneously.

5. Fix response exports so they don't include cleared responses!

I don't see this as a "new idea". Instead, it is a serious flaw with your system.
    When I export responses, I reasonably expect that the output will not include responses that have already been cleared.
    However, Eric (from your support team) told me that the plan we're on doesn't include archiving functionality, so exported responses will include all cumulative responses since the survey was created.
    This is horrible, as it basically allows me to export invalid data from your system.
    Making matters worse, the export no longer includes timestamps for the responses, which makes it difficult to decipher which…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback! I understand your concern here.

To clarify, Surveys have unique CSV export files because they contain multiple activities within them. We don’t want to hold customer data hostage, so on plans without advanced Reporting, we chose to include previously archived results so as not to punish presenters who cleared their results accidentally — this happens very often. Through research, we found presenters rarely Clear their results multiple times within a short time period. We therefore did not need the full timestamp to the second of each response. We do continue to show “Created at” within the Survey export which includes the Day and Time (to the minute) of each response.

In the long term, we plan on creating a view within the application to show the responses to a Survey instead of exporting the CSV immediately. While this adds another step to export the data,…

6. Please fix the name sort in the gradebook to be case-insensitive

Student whose name is McMurphy comes before Mcdonald. Also students who entered their names in lower case are listed at the very end.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Display all responses for participants

It would be great if there were a way for all participants in a poll to see the responses that others are suggesting for open ended questions on their own devices as well as on the screen. We are planning an event where we'll keep the poll open for a brief period of time and would like guests to be able to read all responses, not just their own.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make the second engagement slide an optional locking slide

Currently, when you pick a correct answer the second slide in the engagement series of three slides will automatically lock - so that no one can change their response. I would like to see that become an option so the poll creator can decide, when identifying a correct answer - whether the second slide should lock - or remain unlocked so participants can change their mind based on the voting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Q & A can we disable voting, and user still can post question?

Can the presenter hide the vote result/button after the moderator allows for the participant to watch?

I am thinking if the situation that is allowed participant view and vote, also presenter can hide the voting result at the presentation screen

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ability to lock/unlock questions from the Mac app

I use the Mac app to run my session and embed slides into Powerpoint. After using the questions once, I can archive the responses but there is no way to unlock the questions from the Mac app so I can use them again the next time I give the presentation.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. editing powerpoint slide deck when not in presenter mode

I cannot see the polls in powerpoint slide deck unless I go into presenter mode. This forces me to go into presenter mode to see the polls and then they are activated while I am still trying to edit the slide deck. This is a huge problem!!!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Ability to delete entries on the wordcloud

Would love to be able to delete entries after a user submits them. This is because I have the wordcloud running live for long periods of time without constant surveillance. I want users to see their answers instantly but to allow me to fix errors or typos.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Option to skip asking the name on the presentation link

Now the platform asks the the name on the presentation link always, even when the poll is anonymous. This is an additional step, that can decrease the involvement of the audience.

Will be good to add an ability to get the link with the step of asking name skipped, so people will jump directly to the poll.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow instructors to "preview" responses before releasing to the class

as far as I can tell if I have an activity embedded within a presentation if I toggle between instructions and responses EVERYONE sees the responses once I toggle. I’d like to be able to see the responses myself before I show them to the class - perhaps in a "presenter view" in the presenter app on the iPad where I could see the live responses as they were coming in. This would be useful for think pair share activities - If (for example) the correctness of responses coming in was pretty mixed, i might just tell them to talk…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! Depending on your plan, we do offer a Moderation feature that can help presenters review and approve responses before they are shown on Open-ended, Word cloud and Q&A activities. You can check your plan details by visiting this link (make sure you are logged into your Poll Everywhere account before clicking). If you have any further questions or if there is anything else we can do to help, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com. Thank you!

15. picture text

Allowing pictures with text choices. Pictures helps make it less boring and makes a better presentation. It also allows people to recognize the text options quicker. The mentimeter example is perfect where you can add a picture for the text choice. Even something simple like dog, cat - being able to add a picture next to each choice now turns it into a fun and interesting visual

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the timer to questions

This will allow students to complete the activity in a specific time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. App

Create an iOS app

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add Existing Questions Using the Poll Everywhere (Office Store) App

The new Poll Everywhere App is great, but I'd love to be able to add existing questions from my account.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Color/Font

You could have text options like colors and fonts.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Miscellaneous Reporting Enhancement Ideas

Miscellaneous Reporting Enhancements

• offer ability to save, share & publish reports
    • show the distribution of how votes were placed on individual polls & in group reports, ie. from SMS, from tweets, from web, from web polling pages, etc...
    • offer a manual way for poll creator to enter # of physical attendees that were in the session, so that rate of responses can be automatically calculated and displayed, with vote method distribution. Post poll, this will provide insight into how successful the poll was at convincing attendees to participate and what improvements to the poll setup might be made in the…
    0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base