Skip to content

Ideas

164 results found

1. Count only the most recent answer

Currently, answering multiple times means multiple entries per person. It would be more useful to me if students could change their answers, with the most recent answer replacing the previous one(s). I'd use this when results are hidden.
    It's true that I can look at their results afterward and filter out the previous answers, but the feature I'm requesting would both (1) make that a simpler process and (2) make the display of results (when shown) more accurate.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Change Answer feature is now available! Students may now click “Clear Responses” at the bottom of the page to change their original answer. And, if they are using text message – they may text Clear or Undo to the same number to change their response. Tell us what you think!

2. Make it possible to use Poll Everywhere for regular surveys, like survey monkey.

I would rather have one platform for all surveys, instead of one for live surveys and one for traditional surveys. Why not add "survey money-like" functionality to Poll Everywhere?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Additional visual settings for clickable image marker

Visual
    I think this is a very important feature to be able to change the green color of the markers.
    I just want to use a map with a lot of green areas - for the audience it is not easy to see the markers. ---
    A second issue is that there are almost some persons which are handycapped with color blindness red-green.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have just added the ability to change the colors of the Pins for our clickable image polls. Here’s how:

1. Open the clickable image poll you want to edit
    2. click the Visual Settings button on the top right of the poll display
    3. expand the menu titled “Clicks received”

You will then have the option to change the default pin color, the color for correct answers, and the color for incorrect answers.

Click ‘Save’ to apply the new colors.

5. App Presenter Mode: Add option to show/hide clicks (on clickable image)

In the presenter mode there are buttons to lock/unlike and show/hide results. With multiiple choice show/hide will show or hide the graphed results but with clickable images the show/hide only shows or hides the clickable region and response counter... it ha no effect on show/hide the actual clicks. Could there be another button in the app that shows/hides the click? Just like the show/hide click button present on the website when in presenter mode?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this! If you create a clickable image poll one of the grey buttons along the right side of the poll display (visual controls) looks like a click marker or a tear drop icon. This will show/hide the click markers on the screen. Click it once to hide the markers (it will turn blue) and click it again to display them.

6. Improve the vertical spacing on activities embedded in slides

When I insert PollEv activities into Google Slides and Powerpoint, when I play the competition, the bottom part that has the image and choices has to be manually scrolled down using a scroll bar to see the bottom 15% or so. As a result the bottom of the image appears cut off. The images should be resized so it fits the screen when a competition is active (due to the top bar that has the 'Join by Web' and QR code taking up the top 15% of the slide).

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We recently released a new feature in the Visual Settings panel called Auto-fit Content. Here is a blog post that has some more information about this new release. By enabling that setting, that should improve the vertical spacing between answer options in activities. 

In addition, you can also opt to hide the Voting Instructions in the Visual Settings panel if you want more space for the poll's content. I hope this helps but if you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com

7. A reporting option to include all participant from a participant group, regardless of a response to the poll.

What is the best way to do attendance? (i.e. a report which lists all participant from a participant group and their corresponding response to a particular poll.) The current reporting only lists participants who answered the poll leaving a cross referencing task to see who is missing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for taking attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here:

http://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not respond

8. Allow users to disable directions while open ended questions are hiding results.

Allow users to disable directions while open ended questions are hiding results.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. delayed response

Is there a way to delay showing the results of a live poll so as not to influence the audiences answer? Maybe a 10 second delay or a "display answers" button?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Sub-users can copy other sub-users' Polls

Would like for our institution's sub-users to be able to copy polls from other sub-users that they share a group affiliation with. Currently they can only do this if they have admin permissions.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change "username" prompt in URL to "presenter account"

When I put a question up on screen, the top of the response page says to go to pollev.com/astr where "astr" is my presentation account username.

When they go to pollev.com, they are prompted to enter a username. So they naturally enter their username and not my "astr" username. This leaves students - and myself - very confused.

Please consider changing the language of this prompt or at the very least remove the word "username" from this prompt.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. To be able to resize an activity in PowerPoint

When using horizontal bars most of the time it is needed to use the pull down window to show the results. It would be great to be able to resize any type of chart and not needing to use the pull down window, simply to have it resized

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your feedback! We recently released a new feature in the Visual Settings panel called Auto-fit Content. Here is a blog post that has some more information about this new release. By enabling that setting, that should improve the vertical spacing between answer options in activities.

If you have any additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support team at support@polleverywhere.com

13. Opening a Poll for Editing in a New Window

Previously, when a poll was opened for editing, it opened in a separate window... now it opens in the same window... going back takes 3 or more clicks... if you open "Activities" you have to find the poll folder and the poll again... please revert to opening in a new window... so going back is much easier... or make a RETURN TO FOLDER button

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Display full Multiple Choice answers in 'Present' mode

My screen cuts off the full Multiple Choice answers in 'Present' mode. This is frustrating for students who may not be able to access PollEverywhere through their mobile or Zoom extension, as I primarily conduct online classes, as they cannot see the full answer. I would like 'Present' mode to expand and be able to see the answer choice.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello and thank you for your submission! We recently released a new Visual Setting called Auto-fit Content. You can find more info about this feature in our November 2023 Product Updates Blog. This setting will ensure that your answer options are automatically scaled to fit within the screen for both Multiple Choice and Ranking activity types. To turn this setting on, navigate to your Visual Settings in the Activity page and then check Auto-fit content and click Done (the blog post link above has a gif that also shows how to get to this setting). You can also resize the font in the Visual Settings panel if you still need more space for answers or questions in the activity. 

That should help solve this issue but if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to reach out! 

15. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. color option for "click on location" question

The green markers don't show up well on some of my images. Seems like this color should be a changeable feature.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The new activity layout QR code is too small

The new activity layout with the join information at the top instead of a side panel has a microscopic QR code that doesn't register easily from the audience. This defeats the purpose of the easy-join QR code!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Missed the webinar

Please send me information regarding the next webinar. Thanks!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Auto-delete "True" and "False" when I start changing the multiple choice options.

Every time I create a multiple choice question, it defaults to "True" and "False" in the first two textboxes. This is great when I'm creating a True/False question. However, when I don't want True/False, it would be nice to have these options removed as soon as I click in the "True" textbox. I catch myself thinking, "I have to delete these words myself, really?" each time I create a new multiple choice question. Thanks. Or just create another option for True/False questions that is separate from Multiple Choice questions.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve done away with the auto-populated True/False. We’e also added a few other small enhancements when creating polls. Mainly around the cursor ‘focus’ and improving the behavior of the tab key.

20. Crowdsourcing Business Idea

I am a IT and telecoms architect pretty well versed in the Everything 2.0 paradigm and have a crowdsourcing business idea around polling and market research. Are you open for a conversation? How does one get in touch?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?