Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Ability to show multiple choice answers one at a time in Powerpoint

Instead of giving all multiple choice answers at the same time, allow the presenter to show a new answer on click. There are benefits to showing students the answers one at time. This might require to be able to activate the poll in ppt manually, instead of instant activation as soon as the slide/poll comes up.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Censor using a custom word list (in addition to usual profanity)

My students often post names of classmates and other professors to make fun of them. I'd like to prevent this problem.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Have more polls in the recent polls list

put more polls in the recent polls list. 5-7 would be ideal.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Could you add a feature to "competitions" so that every class I could run one, and the results would be added to a cumulative ranking?

The idea is this, each class I could run my current events competition and get a weekly winner and ranking of ALL participants. As well, as the weeks go by I could produce a cumulative ranking of ALL competitions for the group.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Use of ENTER in text-fields - Linebreak not possible

Students cannot use ENTER-button, and often submit and have to re-do the questions. They cannot even use line-shift as SHIFT+ENTER.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Provide the APK file for foreign Android platform users who do not have access to Google Playstore

I was recently using your poll in China. We encountered a difficulty for Android users because they are not able to download the android app because they are not able to access Google playstore. As you know Google is blocked in China. We also tried to locate the APK file but it could not be installed. While the web interface can be used, I think we all agree that the app is much more convenient. Is there a solution that you can provide to allow Android based phone users in China to have access to the app?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Open Ended Question Categorization

Hi, I am an independent event manager and I manage a number of medical events across the country. we use your software as a stand-alone program, which works great for our application. Many of our questions are open source questions from the audience being texted into my computer then displayed for later response. During a speakers talks the audience has the ability to randomly pose questions related to that particular presentation. At the end of each presentation, or during a designated QA session we produce, or display the questions for the faculty to review and answer. It works great. The…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add attendance export for Sakai

Sakai seems to have some ability to import an attendance report. It would be nice if Poll Everywhere could export a compatible file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. A better "attendance tracker"

Please consider a way in the Poll “Configure” options to a) Auto lock after a duration of time and then b) auto report of a particular group (as user (admin) specified) and finally, c) auto clear of results. If all three could be scripted to execute in that sequence, at the intervals specified, there would be some SERIOUSLY added value to using your approach to attendance tracking.

This would be helpful because most teachers using the approach recommended on your blog are capped at 40 results…it’s yet one more step to have to remember to clear results every time classes…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Clearly indicate when I'm logged in on iOS

Clearly indicate when I'm logged in on iOS

I use an iPhone and intend to always be logged in to the app. For the first few weeks, I was taking polls and would check the invisible nav bar on the right to see if I was logged in, then slide it away. Last week, although I was able to answer the poll, I was shocked to see that I was no longer logged in, causing my response to not be recorded in my profile. Had there been some indication on the screen when I was taking the poll that I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Leaderboards

It would be great if we could add our independent questions from our polls to be included in a Leaderboard. Example: I have a PPT with several review questions and preknowledge questions that are not in a Competition. At the end, it would be nice to recognize those individuals that had the most correct without having to move to the reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to turn off access to participant response history

Instructors using PE for exam review do not want students to have access to a log of their questions to share with each other or future classes. Just turning off correct isn't enough, they want to completely make access to their questions banks not possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ranking bar sizes scaled to convey average rank position (and show number)

It appears that the bar chart in ranking polls conveys a simple spread from 1-x, with equal size steps for each rank, and any ties having equal bar lengths. Would like option to display bar sizes that are scaled to indicate the average rank position so you can tell which answers are very close or landslide winners. Suggest a bar size formula along lines of: (max length)*(number of answers+1)-(avg rank position). Another nice feature would be at least to display the average rank position of each answer/bar rounded to the tenths.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow ODBC link to poll data to facilitate custom queries/analytics

Give us a way to link directly to raw data or tabular format. I currently manually pull down my poll everywhere data in your 'pivot table' report format and perform custom query analytics and visualizations in MS Access and Tableau. It'd be nice to be able to set up the link to the poll/survey data once and not have to deal with the tedium of version control and manual steps.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve usability of poll interface

The live poll tech is awesome, but the poll management interface could use some improvements for basic usability.
    1. Biggest one is please make the group hide/reveal triangles maintain their last position when you navigate away to edit view and back. It currently reverts back to all extended position each time I go back to the poll view screen, and it takes a lot of tedious scrolling and clicking to go back to the place where I was working.

2. Another basic one would be for duplicated questions to appear immediately beneath the one copied - so we don't have…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Option to italicize poll responses

I often teach classes on citation styles, so being able to italicize journal titles, book titles, etc. in my multiple choice questions would be very useful.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Show a counter for the no of students responses and time elapsed

In academic use, it would be great to be able to see a counter for the no of responses that thave been received and also the time elapsed in the window when you enable a poll. This saves from constantly having to ask "have people responsed" and trying to guess how mauch time has elapsed before closing the quiz.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow that respondents get access to the up-to-date results on their own devices after — and only after — they completed the survey

I’m not doing a presentation, just getting people to respond to the survey on their device. So I can’t project the results on my presenter screen, but I do want them to see the results write after they are completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. K-12 Free vs. Premium

I think it's an oversight that the number of respondents per poll is the same (40) for both the k-12 free and premium accounts. What's the point of upgrading if I can't also increase the number of respondents? Sure, the size of 40 works well for a single class, but what about having an entire GRADE respond to the same poll at the same time to record accurate data? If the number of respondents increases for the Business & Non-profit plans (25, 50, 100, etc.), then why can't this increase also be applied to the K-12 plans? Upping the premium…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Backup

I now have hundreds of polls, representing many hours of work over five years. I would like to be able to make a backup for myself, in case something gets lost online, either because of my own user error or your system's.
    Is there any way to do this, other than somehow creating a "report" for all poll questions?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?