Skip to content

Ideas

361 results found

1. Co-Branding

It would be great to allow users to upload our business logo and co-brand printed pdf pages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Provide ability for groups to review reports in class and remotely without having to PDF

I have created a (five poll) survey and hope to have a relatively large (500) number of people take the survey.

Then I plan to run at least three different reports.

After that, I will break my class of thirty into groups of three to five and what I would like to do is to have the students, in their groups and via their Chromebooks, access the reports in order to be able, as a group, to come up with some conclusions.

For now, it seems that the only way I can do this is to run the report, then…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Edit Multiple to access more settings

It seems inconsistent that Edit Multiple omits certain settings, like Anonymous or Scheduled Lock/Unlock.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah, I am with you 100% on that Mike. I can imagine how time consuming it must be if you are settings a scheduled lock/unlock time on multiple polls. Ugh, I feel your pain on that.

There are reasons why we don’t have everything under edit multiple, although none of them couldn’t be overcome today. Most of those reasons are legacy code as we have grown and changed things over time. Edit multiple just hasn’t had a good fix in a while.

The biggest hurdle right now is design. It’s tricky to have so many settings on that page/view without overwhelming people. I have a few ideas that I’m going to toss out to our design experts and see what they get.

Hopefully we’ll have a good fix for you soon. In the meantime, I’m sorry to say you’ll need to set those one at a time. Let us know…

4. Hide a poll

Sometimes I try different question types with the same question. I don't want to delete them or move them out of the group, but I also don't want them to show up when I am presenting and going through the polls in order. It would be great to be able to hide or mute the poll in the group (similar to the way you can hide a slide in PowerPoint).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting. Have you tried presenting Poll Everywhere from our PowerPoint integration? I ask because our PowerPoint integration does support hidden slides, so if you are presenting with PowerPoint that may be the way to go

Otherwise, we’ll definitely keep an eye out for any similar requests and see if we can’t come up with something for you! We’re just always concerned with trying to keep our application as simple and easy to use as possible, so new poll settings are always dangerous

5. LaTeX equations and AMSMATH package

LaTeX equations are truly awesome! However, most math geeks auto-include the package amsmath. More symbols. Better display. Is that possible? Right now we can use PollEverywhere for most Calculus, Linear Algebra and Diff Eq courses, but "amsmath" would mean we could use PollEV in every undergraduate math course and even most grad level courses, too.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support split view on iPad app

Please support split view on the iPad! 8 currently project my iPad to a classroom and use the app Perfect Browser, which has a video out mode wherein the iOS interface is hidden and only the content of the web page is shown. If PE supported split view, I could keep it on the right side of my iPad screen and see poll results without showing them to the students.

I sincerely hope the PE developers can add this!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Presenters would like to be able to accept Latex responses in open ended polls.

University users love Latex, and they would like to get the students in on the action.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ability to sort responses in reverse chronological order so that new entries come in at the bottom

On open ended entries, it would be nice to have the option to have new responses come in at the bottom. For instance when we have a Q&A and are working on answering the top question, we dont want it to keep getting shoved down because of new replies.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It sounds like you are using our Text Wall visualization of our Open Ended Poll where you have text bubbles that flow down the screen. Does that sound correct?

If so, then I can understand your use case. We have always followed the rule where newer goes at the top. I’ll bring this up with our chart visualization team and we can brainstorm a few different visualizations that might for you OR if we can easily toggle the order.

One thing I might recommend for you, if your audience is primarily responding via the web on the smartphones (not using text message) then our new Q&A poll type might work better for you. It is a web response only poll, but I promise it is really cool. We use it every week for townhall and Q&A sessions. This blog post goes into the best detail if you are curious: http://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/introducing-qna-brainstorm-alternative-google-moderator/

9. Geofencing

Prevent people from outside a room from sending a poll link by using geofencing, which would remove the need for registered users. In some
    Community settings participants are reluctant to register

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Merge word cloud data from different polls

I would like to be able to merge the data from multiple word clouds. For example, if each month I host a meeting and generate a word cloud I would like to be able to group my polls together or merge the input data and create a roll-up or summary word cloud including all inputs on a quarterly or annual basis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea. Are you asking the same poll question each week/month for your WordCloud? One thing we might be able to do is to display all the “past runs” or “archived results” for any given WordCloud at once. We do something similar for Multiple Choice Polls currently.

Do you think that would work for you? Or, are you creating completely different poll questions for each of these presentations?

11. Ranking plus touch-area = step change in functionality

Hi, as you'll know I've used PE for years. A couple of new workshops in the planning stages now; and I'm looking forward to using the Ranking poll type.
    Looking at the "New Features" gives me an idea that would be extremely useful for quantitative evaluation in expert elicitation workshops.
    Background: My workshops' objective is to evaluate binary risk attributes (Probability and Severity) to >50 scenarios or "risks". Afterward, the average values from workshop participants are displayed on a 5x5 grid, where 1,1 is "not at all risky" and 5,5 is "extremely risky".

What if my participants all used smart…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Reverse date option for the polls listed in "my polls"

I use poll everywhere in teaching and so I am creating new polls several times a week. If the "order by date" had the option of putting the most recent at the top, it would greatly facilitate finding the newest polls for editing or other functions. I find it slow and tedious to scroll to the bottom everytime I use this list.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Clickable image coordinate definition

Clickable image poll: Precisely define graph extent and "0" position.
    The current reporting on Clickable Image is in terms of "% of full extent of the total uploaded image". This method would work well for capturing quantitative data based on a graph (an image of a graph),

but only if <
    three points on the graph image could be precisely defined (in terms of screen position) by the user: (0,0), (0,100%), and (100%,0). Then, the reported percentages would mean something more directly usable.
    Suggestion: Offer this capability from the "Edit" screen that shows the uploaded image at the largest scale.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values

Clickable image reporting: Separate "coordinates" and "clickable region" data values
    Current reporting for "Clickable Image" poll includes a data column (in the Pivot Table format) that has both the click coordinate values (0-100%,0-100%) and the Defined Click Region, if any. These are 3 separate values and should be reported in separate data columns; otherwise they have to be parsed in order to be used.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Clickable image poll result: Summary image

Clickable image poll result: Summary image
    Current Clickable Image poll results can be displayed two ways: (1) All the received clicks posted onto the image; (2) Tally of clicks that landed in defined Clickable Regions.
    Suggested addition: For polls where the key information is the coordinates - not any clickable regions - calculate a centroid - i.e. an average position of all the clicks, and show that on the same Results figure along with all the individual clicks. In some cases that would be pretty useful. The average coordinates could also be shown. Even better would be that centroid point,…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Engaging Onscreen Results

More attractive/engaging output, for example, I get a more engaged audience response when I use UMU.com vs. PollEverywhere.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Sales Team does offer some custom branding for folks who want to host our web response page on your own URL and branding. Otherwise, we are looking at some ways to make this sort of branding initiative available on our retail plans to let you host our poll slides on your own web domain. But, for now it requires some custom effort either from us or your own developers. We’re happy to work with you to get it working though!

Thanks for the idea

Best,
    Brian – Product Manager of Poll Everywhere

17. Please update the iPad app for iOS 9 multitasking

The current version of the Poll Everywhere app on iPad does not allow for split view/multitasking, which was introduced to the iPad two years ago. Please support this functionality which is crucial for using PE on the fly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Color coding

We'd like to be able to choose specific colors for certain multiple choice responses in the bar/column charts

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’ll check with the team to see what this would take. Otherwise, the closest thing we offer today is our Heat Map view which will have each bar be a different color. However, the color of the bar will change based on how many people support that option to help show the “Leader”

If that sounds like something you’re interested in check out the visual settings menu > heatmap and see what you think

19. LMS - Success Factors

Add Success Factors as an option for LMS attendee data import.

Please and thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote