Skip to content

Ideas

164 results found

1. The Getting Started Webinar

Mr. Ashok? was great, thank you for the opportunity to improve my PE skills!!
    I am excited to use this with my class in the Fall!!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have an available phone contact number that will appear or any of our paid plans which come with phone support. Otherwise, if you’d like to contact someone from our Sales team before buying, you can go to polleverywhere.com/contact/sales and we can work on setting up a call

3. Be able to grant other people access to my polls

It would be nice to be able to grant other people access to some or all of my polls.
    1 - If I will have a substitute teaching for me in 1 class, that person would be able to access my polls. So they could activate/deactivate them, and lock/unlock them as needed during the class. Currently guest presenters don't have this ability unless I give them my email password.
    2 - For very large classes (300+ students), I could designate a surrogate to help with creating polls and managing grades.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

If you are on a multi-user or university-wide license (and it looks like you are Larry) we do have the ability to add other users access to your polls. Basically, this other user would need to be invited to join the Poll Everywhere account (or get access to a Guest user). They would then log in with this email/password. And, your account administrator then can put the two of you in the same User Group. Each person in a User Group will have access to activate, lock/unlock, and run reports on each other’s polls.

I’d contact your university’s account administrator and have them help get this set up for you. You can read a bit more about User Groups in our support articles here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/account-management/user-groups

4. Gradebook reports are confusing

There should be an option in the gradebook report to display what percentage of the people who answered each question got it right instead of only what percentage of the total participants, whether or not they answered that particular question.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We can do this today actually! Our gradebook report will give the avg participation and grade for each student or poll, as well as collectively over all of the poll questions in the report. These numbers will be calculated only when a correct answer is set on the poll questions. And, our gradebook report will be available on most of our paid plans.

You can see some more details about our reports here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/reporting#gradebook

5. Google Chrome Extension Trouble

Help! I cannot get the chrome extension to integrate a poll into google slides!

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I published an article about using Poll Everywhere in broadcast University courses

I recently published an article about using online questions effectively in broadcast university courses, using Poll Everywhere as my preferred tool. Feel free to share as you deem useful on your social media, website, and/or directly with clients.

Here is the link: http://digitalcommons.usu.edu/jete/vol1/iss1/5

I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.

• Chris Hartwell
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. New Poll Creator adds clicks

When inserting multiple choice questions in the old poll creator, I could simply tap the tab key to move the cursor to the next answer field. Now I have to either tab three times and press space (to click on the + button) or tap tab four times (if a blank option is already there). The fact that this is more complicated, and that my action depends on whether or not an existing blank choice is present, is frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. instruction slide

including instruction slides in Poll E slides

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to add title to poll and group questions in one poll

I would love to have option to put title on my poll and also, be able to group questions into groups when having one poll for more topics during session etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Rene,

We can do this right now! We call this “Surveys” and is a new feature we put together a few months ago. You can see some of the details on our User Guide here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#surveys

In general, it lets you group questions into a single survey, title and add a description to that survey, and you can get responses Live in the room like one of our regular polls OR send it out afterwards.

Hope this helps!

10. Ability to have multiple polls active

We have used Poll Everywhere to run polls using a distributed audience in multiple countries. It would be incredibly useful to have multiple active polls going at the same time. For example, it would be great to have an open ended poll open so our global audience can ask questions, at the same having a word cloud poll to gauge the audience sentiment, and a multiple choice poll to see how they are reacting to certain topics and finally a up/down vote poll to see how they are responding to the presentation of the conference. This is a must have…

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Clarify costs are in US dollars

Hello,
    It doesn't state in both Plans & Pricing page and in Pricing FAQs that cost is US dollars, nor does it show as such in invoice.
    My invoice has $79, however my credit card was charged $105.28 for the month. I am assuming the price difference is the conversion of US to AUD dollars, however should state as such both on website and invoice.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Alright, this should be out now! Sorry for any confusion earlier. We should now have a disclaimer for “All prices are in USD” listed on the bottom of our plans page, in the Terms of Service section of our payment confirmation page, and on all of our receipts.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

12. Option to turn off correct response indicator

Option for instructor to turn off ability of students to see correct response to multiple choice survey questions after the survey has de-activated.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Need a Canadian account exec?

You should hire me as the new account exec. Your app was something I was thinking of using for an ineffective parent participation organization meeting I attended. I can go after the K-12 market :)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Ha, well thank you for the offer Linda! I don’t think we are looking for a Canada specific account exec right now, but you are welcome to apply for anything at polleverywhere.com/jobs

Thanks for thinking of us and let us know if there’s anything we can do to help you out. Have a good one!

14. Summary Reports

It would be cool to indicate correct responses in the summary reports.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Keyboard shortcuts for all menu items

I would love it if there were keyboard shortcuts for all the items in the menu including toggle correct answers and clear results (could be dangerous :)) But to toggle the correct answers would be great because in large events we like to have everything as clean as possible without visual interference of the cursor. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Default Settings for Profanity Filter

I would like to have a way to configure the profanity filter so that each new question has the default setting of "Censor profanity out of responses." Right now, I have to set that for EACH individual poll I create. I use PollEV in class, usually creating questions on the fly, and it would be nice to have a way to change my default settings for moderation and profanity filter so that each new question is created with my preferences already set.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sure! We can do that right now actually by setting a Template Poll. You can see some details for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160776-setting-a-template-poll-default-visual-settings

Here’s the way it works:
    - First you create or choose a an open ended polls to be your template
    - Then set this poll question to have the Profanity Filter and any other settings you would like as your default for all future poll questions on your account
    - click Settings on the top right
    - scroll down to Poll Settings > click Set and select this poll question to be your Template.

All future Open Ended Poll Questions you create will then have this enabled by default.

Hope this helps!

17. Nested groups of polls

I hear this is in the works, but being able to have groups of polls INSIDE other group would make managing hundreds of polls much easier to navigate and deal with. THANKS!!

88 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Full question edit when creating polls

It is frustrating to have a subset of editing options when creating a poll, so that I have to create it, then edit it to refine it. I would like to be able to do all the editing upon creation (grade response, response settings, etc).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Global response settings for a survey

I'd like to be able to globally set the restrict to participants setting for a survey.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Improve word cloud contrast for dark backgrounds

The WordCloud presentation style is very impressive, but when you use black or dark background colors/images most of the words in the cloud are hard to read. It seems only the two largest words use the configurable text foreground colors (secondary and primary). It would be nice if to have at least configurable brightness for colors used by all the other words.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?