Educators' Ideas

How can we improve Poll Everywhere?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Set up LTI integration with Sakai LMS

We have a number of faculty at Notre Dame who ask us each semester when Poll Everywhere will be integrated with Sakai. I'm sure other Sakai schools would have an interest in this integration as well (list of Sakai schools: https://sakaiproject.org/community).

I know you already have integrations with Blackboard and Canvas. If you created this integration for Canvas with LTI (Learning Tools Interoperability http://www.imsglobal.org/lti/), then creating one for Sakai would be very easy. We would be very interested in helping you to accomplish this integration with Sakai and would offer you the use of our Sakai test server…

108 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      planned  ·  14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Pie Charts

Instead of using bars can you use pie charts with percentages, percentage and count, or just could. Example: 4 votes blue, 6 red, 10 total or 40% or 4 Votes blue, 60% or 6 red (100% or 10 total). Pie is good. Bars get boring. Think Excel integration/coding perhaps?

21 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are planning on implementing Donut Charts in the pretty near future (it’s part of our roadmap for the rest of 2017). The idea is to to be able to display the responses to a Multiple Choice poll as a Donut Chart.

It’s just like a pie, but there’s a whole in the middle! I’ll update here when we begin the project

• Better options for the iPad

Identical utility when using an iPad

1 vote
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Are you mostly planning on presenting your polls from an iPad or do you use an iPad as a desktop replacement right now?

We are actively working on an Office 365 integration with PowerPoint for iPad which will add a lot of presentation support similar to our current PowerPoint integration, but we don’t have any immediate plans to add touch support to all of our poll management features

• Ability for students to upload images

Would love for students to be able to upload images that they captured with their smartphone. I want to be able to quickly and easily sift through these images and display them as needed.

30 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your interest in Poll Everywhere!

This unfortunately isn’t possible with SMS, but it’s something we’d like to eventually do for web voting in the future!

• Team-based quiz games

Easier team-based game functionality would be great!

21 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow formatting of font sizes in options for multiple choice questions when not displaying as graph

Currently there is no option to determine the font size of the text that is added as the answer for multiple choice questions. The options sometimes display as single line text (although not all the time, they seem to randomly change size) when not showing the graphic display. Since some of the options are rather wordy in my polls, they display at a tiny, barely readable font.

1 vote
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

• Can we integrate this software with the Desire2Learn Learning Management System?

It would be nice to have a quick way to poll students in an online course created in the Desire2Learn Learning Management System software. Our University, Georgia Southern University currently uses this learning management system as the entire University System of Georgia (USG). USG includes 31 higher education institutions. http://www.usg.edu/inst/ Can the Poll Everywhere software be integrated into the Desire2Learn software?

26 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                  • Participation grades

My participants are students and it would be great if they had the following in their displays: 1) groups in which they are enrolled, 2) current participation rate (% of total questions responded), 3) current "correctness" rate, 4) which questions that were presented that they did not respond to. I would also like to see the ability to sync multiple emails to an account so they can respond with both their school and personal accounts.

4 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

This is great, thanks for the request! We are in some of the very initial design stages for what we’re calling a “Participant Dashboard” which students would be able to easily access from their mobile devices or computers and review this type of information.

Enrolled groups and a “correctness rate” as a proxy for their grade are both doable. The participation rate and generally displaying poll questions they did not respond to is much tougher. With faculty who use Poll Everywhere across multiple courses it is difficult for us to currently know which group/class the polls are for. And, we have some users who do not want to show questions participants did not answer to prevent any cheating or as an incentive to show up to class and answer. So, there are some business concerns as well for that.

Would it work for you all if we had an ability…

• Improve PowerPoint Add-In stability

Improvements in PowerPoint Add-In stability

2 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Improve Grading for Multiple Polls at One Time

Create an easier user interface for grading multiple polls on one page with the option to give a unique number of points for various answers (both incorrect and correct) without having to click on each individual poll and change the response grading from there.

I grade all of the polling questions at the end of the week, and there can be 20+ polls for each section that I'm responsible for. Having to click on each polling question and changing the grade values for each possible response is tedious and is prone to having me make grading mistake on my end…

17 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

We are actually working on a large project right now that should really help with grading polls. We are basically working on re-doing our entire poll creation process (and we’re finally close enough to talk about it).

This will have greater customization and editing for poll questions at the creation stage (including grading). I do not believe this is currently slated to include increased support to our Weighted Grading feature (https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/799830) – which is currently in beta testing. But, this should be an easier process soon

I will update this post when we are about to send out the new update

• Quick Clear button for Google Slides

Would like to see a "clear results" button on the poll so when I do back-to-back Google Slides presentations, it would be easier to clear.

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

We actually have a couple different ways to clear the results to a poll question. If you are in Google Slides > when you’re in Presentation mode > on the right side of the page there are some grey control buttons > you can use these to clear the results one at a time.

Otherwise, you can clear your polls in bulk from our website at polleverywhere.com/my/polls – you can see some details for how to do this here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#clearing-responses

Those options are available now. We do plan on creating a more full Edit experience within Google Slides. But, that is still a few months out at least for us

• A widget that dsiplays my pollev.com page (not just a single poll)

HTML code widget that can be added to a website,blog or other platform that shows the PollEV page. That way, if I am using the platform for a web call or other web event, where attendees are looking at my page, I can push polls when the time is right, and participants can see them real time showing up for them to vote, without leaving the page or getting their cellphones. This is particularly useful when you want to poll real time at the end of each segment with minimal distraction/interruption/delay.

8 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have some ability to do this now. It’s possible to use an iFrame and embed our pollev.com response page to display the response option AND you can then embed https://viz.polleverywhere.com/:USERNAME as an iFrame to show the responses. We want to create built in copy/paste widgets to embed this combination on your blogs/websites or LMS but there are some problems with Cookies on iPhones that we need to solve before we market this feature.

In the meantime, if you are interested in trying this our – contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com for how this works

• Add competitive element

I have used Kahoot, and whilst it is more limited in terms of its overall capability, it does include a competitive element which creates a fun and engaging learning environment

2 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Master Account Level Reports

I'd like to be able to run account wide reports that give me information on all faculty usage and all student usage. I know it would be tough to run those on your servers with the massive amount of data, but I'd like to be able to download a CSV of all polls from all subusers maybe limited to a specific period of time so I can analyze usage over a semester.

2 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Hmm, that is a good suggestion and we’ve been working piecemeal on this as we get more institution wide accounts. My first suggestion would be this – email us at support@polleverywhere.com and one of our account managers can whip that up for you. We can absolutely do that on request. It may take us a few days as time allows, but we can do that.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export available with some metadata for all of the Users/Faculty on the account. This is under Settings > Manage Users > Export to CSV. That will get you a report of all of the users on the account, the number of polls each created, the last time they used us, and the total number of responses each received. We have that today!

We plan on getting this available for all registered students on the account soon. It would…

• Make it possible to post a poll to Facebook

I have a facebook site I use with my students (enochspsych), it might be cool to be able to post a poll so that it could be seen on my status page...,maybe this is already possible, I did not try cutting and pasting a powerpoint slide

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Don't see your idea?

Educators' Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base