Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

10 results found

1. Improve Grading for Multiple Polls at One Time

Create an easier user interface for grading multiple polls on one page with the option to give a unique number of points for various answers (both incorrect and correct) without having to click on each individual poll and change the response grading from there.

I grade all of the polling questions at the end of the week, and there can be 20+ polls for each section that I'm responsible for. Having to click on each polling question and changing the grade values for each possible response is tedious and is prone to having me make grading mistake on my end…

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We are actually working on a large project right now that should really help with grading polls. We are basically working on re-doing our entire poll creation process (and we’re finally close enough to talk about it).

This will have greater customization and editing for poll questions at the creation stage (including grading). I do not believe this is currently slated to include increased support to our Weighted Grading feature (https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/799830) – which is currently in beta testing. But, this should be an easier process soon

I will update this post when we are about to send out the new update

2. Allow variable columns for answers. 2, 3, 4 columns

This would allow more answers to be visible at one time before they are scrolled out of sight.

Thanks for a great product filling a need.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. Participation grades

My participants are students and it would be great if they had the following in their displays: 1) groups in which they are enrolled, 2) current participation rate (% of total questions responded), 3) current "correctness" rate, 4) which questions that were presented that they did not respond to. I would also like to see the ability to sync multiple emails to an account so they can respond with both their school and personal accounts.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

This is great, thanks for the request! We are in some of the very initial design stages for what we’re calling a “Participant Dashboard” which students would be able to easily access from their mobile devices or computers and review this type of information.

Enrolled groups and a “correctness rate” as a proxy for their grade are both doable. The participation rate and generally displaying poll questions they did not respond to is much tougher. With faculty who use Poll Everywhere across multiple courses it is difficult for us to currently know which group/class the polls are for. And, we have some users who do not want to show questions participants did not answer to prevent any cheating or as an incentive to show up to class and answer. So, there are some business concerns as well for that.

Would it work for you all if we had an ability…

4. Improve PowerPoint Add-In stability

Improvements in PowerPoint Add-In stability

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. A widget that dsiplays my pollev.com page (not just a single poll)

HTML code widget that can be added to a website,blog or other platform that shows the PollEV page. That way, if I am using the platform for a web call or other web event, where attendees are looking at my page, I can push polls when the time is right, and participants can see them real time showing up for them to vote, without leaving the page or getting their cellphones. This is particularly useful when you want to poll real time at the end of each segment with minimal distraction/interruption/delay.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have some ability to do this now. It’s possible to use an iFrame and embed our pollev.com response page to display the response option AND you can then embed https://viz.polleverywhere.com/:USERNAME as an iFrame to show the responses. We want to create built in copy/paste widgets to embed this combination on your blogs/websites or LMS but there are some problems with Cookies on iPhones that we need to solve before we market this feature.

In the meantime, if you are interested in trying this our – contact our support team at support@polleverywhere.com for how this works

6. Make it possible to post a poll to Facebook

I have a facebook site I use with my students (enochspsych), it might be cool to be able to post a poll so that it could be seen on my status page...,maybe this is already possible, I did not try cutting and pasting a powerpoint slide

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. Master Account Level Reports

I'd like to be able to run account wide reports that give me information on all faculty usage and all student usage. I know it would be tough to run those on your servers with the massive amount of data, but I'd like to be able to download a CSV of all polls from all subusers maybe limited to a specific period of time so I can analyze usage over a semester.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Hmm, that is a good suggestion and we’ve been working piecemeal on this as we get more institution wide accounts. My first suggestion would be this – email us at support@polleverywhere.com and one of our account managers can whip that up for you. We can absolutely do that on request. It may take us a few days as time allows, but we can do that.

Otherwise, we do have a CSV export available with some metadata for all of the Users/Faculty on the account. This is under Settings > Manage Users > Export to CSV. That will get you a report of all of the users on the account, the number of polls each created, the last time they used us, and the total number of responses each received. We have that today!

We plan on getting this available for all registered students on the account soon. It would…

8. Quick Clear button for Google Slides

Would like to see a "clear results" button on the poll so when I do back-to-back Google Slides presentations, it would be easier to clear.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  9. Closed poll responses

restricting answers to a particular group (to avoid dummy accounts with inappropriate responses)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We recently built a way for us to restrict poll responses only to participants who are already registered with your account. It takes a bit of custom setup for us to do. If your university or organization is interested contact us at sales@polleverywhere.com and we can work it out.

A question for anyone interested that will help us flesh this custom (for now) work to everyone – Would you want to restrict these responses to a specific group/class? Or, would restricting the poll questions to registered participants at the university/organization as a whole work for you?

10. Better options for the iPad

Identical utility when using an iPad

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Are you mostly planning on presenting your polls from an iPad or do you use an iPad as a desktop replacement right now?

We are actively working on an Office 365 integration with PowerPoint for iPad which will add a lot of presentation support similar to our current PowerPoint integration, but we don’t have any immediate plans to add touch support to all of our poll management features

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base