Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Provide an option to hide results until the poll is stopped.

Hi, I love this website. My only issue right now is that I dont want my students to see the results before everyone has voted (so they dont just vote for the popular choice). Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
  3. NATIVE LTI INTEGRATION

Provide native Canvas LTI Integration as the Univerity of Florida will not provide a root level “Developer Key” (https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10847-4214445806)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Change font size

Allow us to change the font size of the responses so people in the back of larger groups can see easier.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  5. Feedback to Incorrect answers

Allow for polls to have comments and feed back messages. Like if someone selects Choice A for a question. Allow them to receive a message explaining why A is correct or incorrect directly to their device.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this today! It’s part of our Custom Reply Message feature. This is a feature you can apply to any poll question. It will send a customizable message to your participants including whether they got the answer correct or not.

It does have a character limit of about 120 responses though. You can read more about how to set it up here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/response-settings/custom-reply-message

6. Export from Blackboard Exam questions without retyping into polls.

Be able to export test questions from Blackboard without retyping them into poll.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Academic Pricing

Academic Pricing for poor teachers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  8. Mapping responses

Geographic maps. Questions could ask respondents where they are from, for example, and highlight responses on the map.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this now! We have a Clickable Image poll type that will allow you to upload an image, such as a map of the USA, and ask respondents to mark where they are from. Their responses will display as Pins on the display and you can see it.

Here’s how:
    1. click on red Create Poll button
    2. Select Clickable Image along the left side
    3. then upload your own image or choose one of our pre-loaded ones
    4. And, present your poll!

*note – clickable image polls are web only. We do not accept text message responses

9. Rearranging polls within a group

When I am rearranging the polls within a group, it is terribly frustrating that it jumps me to the top of my list of group with a message under each one that the group has to be expanded in order to drag to a poll to it. The page should not jump and I should be able to drag/drop by polls within a group without having to scroll back down to the group.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is FIXED! Our very own Brad Lindsey worked over the weekend and knocked a problem we thought would take much longer.

If you go to rearrange a poll now, none of the groups will immediately expand. If you drag the poll over a collapsed group and pause for a few seconds, the group will expand and allow you to drop the poll there.

10. Multi-national participants in a live event

Easier ways for participants from multiple countries to participate in a live polling event, by using one simplified number

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Business  ·  Admin →

Unfortunately, there is not really a great way to do this for SMS messaging. We do have several Regional phone numbers that your audience may use which will work for a collection of countries. However, these numbers are based in the USA, UK, and Australia so anyone who is using a phone that is not based in those locations may get charged an international text messaging fee depending on the cell phone’s service plan (this is not a fee controlled by Poll Everywhere). These regional numbers are available and you can read more about them here if you are interested: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#international-polling

Otherwise, we really highly recommend multi-national audiences use our web response method. This is free for all participants to use and will work anywhere in the world provided they have an internet enabled device or data plan.

11. Responder follow up

Allow post-presentation responding to questions, answers, etc.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I would recommend using our Survey feature to get post-presentation feedback or follow up. If you have all of your poll questions organized in a Group > at the end of your presentation you can then Convert the group to a Survey > Activate all of the poll questions in the group by making it a Survey. All of your poll questions with then appear right on your regular pollev.com/USERNAME page

The whole thing is about 2 button clicks, I promise!

For some more information and helpful screenshots on surveys you can check out this article: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160748

12. Math type in the question

Be able to use math type in the question.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

13. Latex

Create a question using Latex - not only answers

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page (including surveys) for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

14. font

Custom font size

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. You are great

Just to tell to whomever is creating the test for this website in theRainforestQA platform that you are a good person. It is one of the friendliest test I have worked on and I wanted to tank you for making my job a little better

Best regards

A. Tester

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be helpful to be able to use superscripts and subscripts for only part of an answer (specifically for chemical formula)

The LaTex option is nice, but it doesn't address the need for superscripts and subscripts in chemical formula, where you only want it for a portion of the answer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make multiple polls live

I would like to be able to make multiple polls live at the same time, so that students can answer for instance 5 questions at once and then we can review them together. Instead of taking on poll at a time.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve updated the My Polls page. The header will now stay fixed when scrolling through your poll questions. We’ve also added a button for pushing a poll question from the My Polls page as well.

19. Suggestion: download option on Participants list

I use PE for a large university class. I have 7 pages of registered voters, and It would be handy to have a download feature on the Participants list.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Editing a poll strips quotations from responses

I am creating polls that ask programming questions, so omitting quotation marks changes the meaning a great deal. When I create a poll using the popup dialog, it retains the leading and trailing quotes in my responses, but if I later edit the poll, the quotes are stripped and any attempt to re-add them is ignored. I am using Chrome 21.0.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base