Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Allow the title to be left justified.

As a programming instructor, I need to post polls that include sections of code. Center-aligned text is terribly hard to read when there are multiple lines.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can left align the title for poll questions from the visual settings menu for a poll. Here’s how:

1. click on the title of the poll to open it
    2. click the grey, Paintbrush icon on the top right of the poll
    3. click the menu labeled Title
    4. scroll down within the window and there should be an option labeled: “Alignment” with the option to left align.

One thing I’ve seen is that if you have a Logo image then the alignment for longer poll titles could wrap and not remain left-aligned. I recommend deleting a logo image if you are using one.

Please let us know if this doesn’t help for us. Our customer support team is happy to investigate some alternatives

2. I would like to use Poll Everywhere as one of the tools in my Personal Growth Plan...

for incorporating more technology into the classroom for student learning. However, I am having a hard time coming up with "measurable" goals. How can I measure my growth as a teacher by using your service with the free plan?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  3. Manipulation of responses

I would like to be able to sort open-ended responses for use after a presentation. For example, when I download the PowerPoint, I would like to be able to take the quote boxes as they are and move them into various columns for teaching purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Diana,

You can do this from the Response History View or Reporting menus. These will display a poll and responses in table format. You can copy paste straight from the site or export to Excel as a CSV.

4. have the ability to cut and paste from a word document.

I have questions that I would like to use in poll everywhere. When I copy the question into poll everywhere it creates several polls and seperates the answers into different polls.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Robert,

This is currently possible. There are some formatting requirements. Each question needs to be on it’s own line. A"?" designates the end of a question and the start of multiple choice options. Multiple choice options need to be separated with commas. It may be helpful to copy and paste the text into word or notepad first to ensure there isn’t anything extra like html attached (can happen when copying from word).

Here’s an example:

What’s your favorite color? red,blue,green
    What’s your name?
    This is my third multiple choice question? 1,2,3
    This is my fourth short answer question?

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Great way to see a classes attitude towards the subject on the first day of school

Fun way to hook students on the first of school to see what they think of the subject matter.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Be able to hide only 1 method of response rather than only both

Being able to hide the website method of response but keep text method reduces clutter if text method of response is highly likely.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I assume you’ve been hiding the voting instructions form the visual settings menu? When viewing a poll on the site, you can actually select which voting method you’ll allow on the poll to the right under “How People Can Respond.” Deselecting the options you would not like to use will remove them from the Live Chart.

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Check all that apply...question format

I would love it if you would add another question format of a checklist. As in "check all answers that apply" from a list of answers. This would be HUGELY beneficial for polling in my classroom.
    Thanks!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mallory,

You can currently allow participants to respond with more than one option to a Multiple Choice Poll. You can adjust this setting in the “edit” menu of a poll under the “responses” menu. This will allow your participants to select more than one response. Participants can also vote on more than one option at a time by texting all of the applicable keycodes at once in a single text message. More info here: http://blog.polleverywhere.com/power-user-tip-submitting-multiple-votes-with

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  11. let people respond more than once per pole

I'm using this for school and want the students to pick three topics, and the top winners we will cover first, but the poll only allows them to vote once

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Taryn,

You can edit your polls to restrict the number of votes to a set number (beyond 1) or to unlimited. Enter the edit menu by hovering over the poll/question title on the ‘My Polls" screen and clicking ’edit.’ Or when you’re vieing a poll’s chart you can click the ‘edit’ link in the upper right under the start/stop button.

12. "Download as" options

Instead of only ppt, would it be possible to have the flash embedded into a pdf file for download? Or maybe directly to swf? Don't know how many people would use it, if it's even possible, or if it's too difficult to implement, but just thought putting up a fullscreen pdf would be nice sometimes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Philip,

Looks like you already found the Prezi/.SWF download link under the Share and Publish Menu. Keep in mind each poll can be loaded directly in a web browser as well (each has a permalink).

13. ISTE 2012

I believe I saw something where you would be at ISTE 2012. How about creating some ALL conference polls that they announce on the PA system and then everyone can text answers and they can display the data on the conference screen.

For example:

How many of you plan on attending the keynote speaker this evening?

Then giving real time data! I would love to evaluate they snacks they serve us. I can think of lots of little survey questions you could embed for the entire conference attendees and exhibitors.

I love being innovative and creative!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can you cut and paste the poll code?

If you are using a computer, it would be helpful to cut and paste the poll code in order to vote for the specific 6 digit number. Since you have to open a different web site, it will be easy to remember the numeric code.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can copy paste the codes and answer choices from the summary table view. When viewing a poll’s live chart click the views menu on the right and select “summary table.”

15. Allow for self-timed testing

Allow for individual poll takers to be able to go to the next question when they are ready instead of waiting for a moderator to select the next question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make website different colour

make your website a colour like red light blue or green.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I can't get through to create my poll.

Provide trouble shooting options when someone gets stuck.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More specific text costs for international users

texting from Japan to the Asia region code...the information you've provided needs to be more specific than "check with your carrier" if you hope to expand your business overseas. For example, will this region specific text be regarded as international by the three cell phone carriers in Japan? If yes, then it will not be covered by their unlimited text/sms payment plan and makes your service usable. More info please.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Steve,

Specific costs per message are based on the carrier and individual carrier agreement.

Currently we have two international numbers a UK based and a Sydney based as explained here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/faq#international-sms and here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/international

“Standard rate international SMS fees may apply. In our experience, USD $0.50 is typical and USD $1 is worst-case for an international text.”

A good alternative is to use web or twitter voting.

Let us know if you have additional questions!

Steve

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Removing Response Instructions

You should be able to remove just the cell phone texting response instructions OR the computer/website response instructions OR both when you are customizing a slide.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea and this is an existing feature!
    To the right select the “ways people can respond” menu and deselect/select the applicable methods. This will update the instructions displayed on the chart.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base