Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

99 results found

1. A way for phrases to be kept together in the word cloud format

I would like to see a way for phrases (ie: peanut butter and jelly) to be kept together in a word cloud. In Wordle.net, for example, using the ~ does this. Perhaps using quotation marks or some other characters could accomplish this. That way, "apple butter" and "peanut butter" do not make the word 'butter' alone any larger.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. Can we integrate this software with the Desire2Learn Learning Management System?

It would be nice to have a quick way to poll students in an online course created in the Desire2Learn Learning Management System software. Our University, Georgia Southern University currently uses this learning management system as the entire University System of Georgia (USG). USG includes 31 higher education institutions. http://www.usg.edu/inst/ Can the Poll Everywhere software be integrated into the Desire2Learn software?

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  3. Google Slides

Integratable with Google Slides, just like PowerPoint

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. select correct multiple choice responses at question creation stage

Ability to select the correct answer(s) at the question create stage. it's very cumbersome to have to create a question, then go to edit, then select "grade incoming responses" before you can do this. Would also be good to have a way of doing this with bulk create, e.g. marking each correct response with an asterix, for example: what is the capital of germany? Berlin*, Paris, London, Madrid

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We just shipped this one out! It’s been too long coming, but should really save some time. Whenever you make a Multiple Choice Poll you may now select the grey checkmark to select the correct answer. That’s it!

The edit poll method is still available, but you can now mark the correct answer as you create a question.

Check it out here for more details! https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/160757

5. Math Formatting with LaTeX in Poll Questions

Allow math formatting with LaTeX in poll questions. Although PollEverywhere currently supports this type of formatting in the answer choices, it would be very helpful to also be able to do so in the poll questions themselves.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We got it! You can now have inline LaTeX in the title of the poll question, in the answer choices, and they will display on the pollev web response page for your students.

You can use the TeX shorthand of $$ to enter your equation.

1. click the Create Poll button
    2. Type your question $$ your equation in LaTeX $$ the rest of your question
    3. click Create and you are done

You can see detailed instructions and screenshots for how here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/891297

Remember to start your question or answer option with “$$:” so we know to convert it properly.

6. more language support (in the interface)

I would like for all the onscreen instructions to appear in Spanish. I teach in an immersion program in which students cannot see or hear any English, and there appears to be no way to change the language in the settings so that all the text in the polls changes to something other than English. I'm referring to instructions like "Text a CODE to XXXXX", "Submit reponses at http:...", Total results", etc. All of the interface language should be viewable in the same language as my original text in the poll.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

You can now change the language support for the instructions on our chart visualization. Here’s how:

1. go to Settings by clicking the top right of the page
    2. select the Poll Settings tab
    3. choose which language under “What language should my instructions be in?”
    4. click Save

That will update the instructions for all of your existing polls and all newly created polls. You can always change the language in the future as well. If you have any feedback on our translations, just shoot us an email and we’ll see what we can do to make them better!

7. Integration

Google Slides integration. Keynote integration.

I would love to be able to export grades directly into my grading system (Skyward).

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ipad app

When will there be a "Poll Everywhere" app for ipad?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow formatting of font sizes in options for multiple choice questions when not displaying as graph

Currently there is no option to determine the font size of the text that is added as the answer for multiple choice questions. The options sometimes display as single line text (although not all the time, they seem to randomly change size) when not showing the graphic display. Since some of the options are rather wordy in my polls, they display at a tiny, barely readable font.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. NAME FIRST!

Participants are able to type their name first before answering questions.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Record a Survey for Teacher Evaluations

Allow for setting up a Survey for the course to be recorded and exported to pdf for uploading to electronic evaluation forms for Teacher's End-of-year Summary report.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can do this today! With our surveys feature you can combine multiple questions into a single web survey which students/faculty can respond to. These surveys are styled for printing and you can use your browsers Print to PDF to print them out.

Here’s how to print the survey to PDF:
    1. navigate to the survey URL
    2. right click on the page and select Print
    3.Then under Destinations click “change”
    4.Under Local Destinations select “Save as PDF

You should then get a PDF version of the survey.

12. Make taking attendance more effective

I would like to be able to take attendance using Poll Everywhere and see that my students are here or not. Currently, I pull up the report and it shows me who has responded. I'd like to see who in that group has NOT responded, so that I'll instantly know who is absent. It is time consuming to compare the class lists with the attendance poll. I would rather have a full list with all participants (whether they've responded or not.)

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We can do this with our new Participant feature added to our updated Reporting Suite. The step by step details for taking attendance and using Participant Groups can be found here:

https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/685605

Otherwise, the basics are;

1. Have all of your students in Participant Groups based on class
    2. set your poll questions to registered participants only
    3. run a Gradebook report on all of the polls you are using for attendance
    4. To the right of the Gradebook report > select the Participants menu > and chose the participant group (class) that you want to report on. It will include all students who are in this group, but did not responsd

13. Menu options

Add buttons on the menu (horizontal or at left) to COLLAPSE ALL, SHOW ALL polls

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have added a new Collapse All option to our My Polls dashboard. To collapse all of your groups, polls, and surveys

Click on the small checkmark to the top left of the page > then select Collapse All in the drop down menu.

For more details: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/911352

- unfortunately, we did not include an Expand or Show all because concerns that this will cause slowness for folks with an especially large number of polls. But, please let us know if you want that too!

14. Chat Feature

Allow a ticker/banner at the bottom of the poll for live commenting during polls and discussion!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do have some ways to do this right now! You can use our Open Ended Poll Question in either Ticker or Text Wall view to get some live comments. Or, you can use our new Q&A/Brainstorm poll to get live comments and have the rest of your class give up/downvotes to support comments they like.

You could either ask one question and then follow up with an open ended poll for comments. Or, you can display each poll question on different projectors, or use a split screen to display both polls at once. Please email us at support@polleverywhere.com if you’d like some specific instructions for how!

15. Teachers sharing ideas

A way for teachers to share their poll ideas with other teachers.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What exactly do you have in mind? There are a few things we can do today to help share polls and ideas.

1. You can search any publicly shared polls made by other educators at polleverywhere.com/polls and copy them to your account with the click of a button

2. If an educator you know has some questions they’d like to share with you – they can use our Private Link to send an email with a link to their poll. You can see some of the details about this on our user guide at:
    polleverywhere.com/guide#publishing_your_poll

16. Question Bank

bank of standard questions for teachers who may be new users.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow multiple answers for multiple choice questions

Multiple answer questions (i.e. respondents can pick MORE THAN ONE answer from a multiple choice question)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  18. marking correct answer during a presentation

My students complete a poll for homework. However, as I am presenting a poll during class, I would like to be able to mark a multiple choice answer as correct WITHOUT having to go into edit mode. (Say, click on √ and then click on the correct answer?) At the current time, I either lose the dramatic effect of the live poll during class b/c students already know if their answer is correct or b/c I have to go into edit mode in the middle of the presentation.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can mark the Toggle Correctness button while you remain in full screen presentation mode. The basics is that you would enable grading on the poll ahead of time. Then during the presentation if you hover your mouse over the right side of the screen the grey control buttons will appear. You can then click the Checkmark to show the correct answer.

We also have some keyboard shortcuts you can use while your presenting if you want to get really fancy. You can read about them here: https://polleverywhere.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/788328-keyboard-shortcuts-visual-chart

Hope this helps!

19. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  20. online components

option to use for face to face class polls, but then have an equivalent (or similar poll for online students

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base