Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

81 results found

1. A filter to seach for keywords

For Q&A, open ended question type etc., it would be useful to have a filter to allow faculty to quickly search for keywords.

Especially when there is a large group and faculty wants to quickly screen for correct response/s to bring up for further discussion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. Add chart to remote control view.

Right now if you look at "my activities" in the app you can see participant responses even if they aren't displayed to the participants on the screen. However, when using the "Remote Control" option in the app you can't see the responses. It would be VERY useful for my faculty if they could use the app to both control their presentations and see the participant responses in advance

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Line breaks in responses

I really like Poll Everywhere, but a serious short-coming for me is the lack of a very basic function.

I would like to be able to use Poll Everywhere to get students to practice their essay writing skills. My plan is to have students write or plan essay sections in groups in class time; be able to see the results as they come in; and at the end of the session be able to step through what is good/bad/otherwise about the answers on the big screen.

This is important to me because, as a legal academic, part of my role…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate it. Before I get into the specifics, may I ask – about how long are the responses that you are receiving from your students? A rough word count or so would be fantastic, I want to make sure we’re on the same page about length.

Otherwise, there is some technical concerns around adding specific HTML in responses because we don’t want to open any security holes in replies. And, I understand your point that is a large burden on students to learn anyway.

There’s some balance we have between having Enter submit the response instead of a new line. The vast majority of the time we have shorter responses and we want to emphasize speed for real time replies. But, I can understand confusion there. We had a lot of back and forth on which is the appropriate behavior.

Ultimately, I think…

4. Manually input/modify user responses

One thing that is a bit irksome is when students have technical issues with their response to a poll that I use as a quiz. My current workaround is to manually adjust their score after the fact. Is there a way for me to manually input a response for a student? That would be such a useful feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately, we do not have a way to do that right now and we’re hesitant to make one. The basic hangup is that we have to plan and account for bad actors. For a university that’s a reasonable situation, but for our corporate clients it is much more nuanced because we don’t want them to be altering each others responses.

There might be something we can do with a larger permissions situation. I’ll bring it up to the team.

Thanks for the feedback

5. Add more slots to the “Recent Presentations” on the home screen of the mobile app.

Hello, I am a first year medical student. We use Poll Everywhere multiple times a week with several different professors. It works well, however we are constantly entering different presentation names. Is it possible to add a few more slots (6-9 total) to “Recent presentations?”

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reports and Data Runs

Scenario:
    Faculty has a combined Canvas set up for four sections of Acct 2122.

The faculty clears/archives his PE data after each class. So, at the end of the day, he has four PE data sets (one for the 8am class, one for the 9:30am class, etc). Faculty needs to transfer the data to his one Combined Canvas course.

Faculty started using PE in fall 2017. During fall 2017, he would select “All runs” to move his four PE data sets into the Canvas gradebook. So, faculty only ran the PE grade transfer process one time for all four sections.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Adjustable auto-close time for survey & questions

We're looking for a custom auto-locking survey (but could be for any question) based on time after the survey has opened. Right now it has auto-close for 5 minutes, 1 hour, or 1 day. After that the custom button lets you set a day and time. We just want to option to type in a number of minutes, specifically for us - 20 minutes. The survey will close 20 minutes after it opens to the students.

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  8. Add tags to polls

It would be nice if users could add tags to polls based on topics, subject matter, or organization. For example, if I'm teaching a biology course that's M/W/F this semester but T/TH next semester, I will want to re-arrange my groups to fit the new schedule. Similarly, I might have questions on a particular topic that I use in different classes. If I know that I have a question on "mitosis" but I'm not sure which group or whether that word appears in the question text, if the question was tagged with that term and the term was searchable it…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! That’s an interesting request. Do you have a preference for using tags over, say, a more hierarchical folder system?

I know there’s been requests for both and they address similar, but different problems. Regardless, thank you for the details feedback! I’ll pass this along to the team

9. ranking

It would be great if "Ranking" polls could be graded, meaning that the initial order entered by the poll creator is considered "correct" and students can be evaluated on whether they got it right or not.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  10. Multi-country SMS option

I need an SMS number for South Africa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. KWL tags for pollev

Create an online "K-W-L" chart for educators; poll takers could tag their post as either the K, W, or L category, and Poll EV would project the responses in three columns.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Interesting idea! Thank you. I’ll pass this along to out user research team to see if we can drum up some more support for it.

May I ask, about how long of a response do you usually get for each of these? We’ll want to make sure we leave enough room to display these responses on the chart.

12. Make using surveys as quizzes easier

Expand surveys into quizzes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  13. For the Moodle integration, automatically send students a registration link

Right now, the e-mail sent out to students notifies students that their account has been created, but does not explain the registration process or provide a link. It would be great if these were provided or if the e-mail was customizable by the instructor.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Right now (as of about August), we send an email to students who are registered via an LMS. This email says:
    “[Professor Name] has registered you as a participant with their Poll Everywhere account. To log in and complete the registration process use the following link: [password_link]”

We’re currently working on a way to allow professors to resend this link to their students in bulk if they haven’t received it or haven’t logged in. We can definitely look into some ways to customize this message, but it is a bit larger of a project than we’d like because we need to store these customized messages, add some handling to prevent spam (in case someone is only pretending to be an educator), and then change the LMS invitation workflow to allow some handling to customize the email. It’s something we will definitely consider if we hear it requested from some…

14. Integrate iCollege grading

Integrate with grading book in iCollege.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  15. Enhanced Rich Text Editing for Questions and Answer Choices

Add a rich text editor for questions and answer choices. Many users need more control over how text appears than the current platform allows.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

What sorts of text controls did you have in mind? We do have a few options right now such as using LaTeX for math or science equations and then we also have the ability to add italics, break lines, and bold characters in the questions.

Could you give us a few examples of things you would like to add?

For info on LaTeX:https://www.polleverywhere.com/support/articles/power-users/latex

For info on italics, bold, and break lines: https://www.polleverywhere.com/blog/new-features-roundup-bold-italics-and-breaks/

Thanks for the feedback!

16. Customizing poll appearance

More customization of how the polls appear to the audience. Also improving the cloud option for brain-storming

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →

We have a lot of customization options for how the bar chart (and other visualizations) look on the big screen. Is there any kind of visualization option you had in mind?

These include the sizing of the different chart elements, colors, background image, logo, side-by-side image, and a lot more. You can read about them or watch a vide of how they look here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing-your-poll

17. Slide appearance

More control over font, background color, etc

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a pretty extensive amount of customization options for our chart. Including background color, text color, sizing, background images, side by side images along with your chart, and six or so different fonts. We go over a lot of these and how they work in our User Guide here: https://www.polleverywhere.com/guides/presenter/getting-started#customizing-your-poll

Is there anything in particular that you are looking for in customizing the slide?

18. Lock down for summative assessment

Lock down option for simple summative assessment

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I believe you’re referring to a way to prevent students from accessing other applications on their phone/device while replying to polls or surveys. Let me know if that isn’t what you all meant here.

We don’t have any immediate plans to implement this as it is particularly invasive for us to do with our iOS and Android Apps and hurts a lot of accessibility rules.

One thing we have been discussing, and I’d love to hear if it would work for you all. is to track any time a student leaves or closes our site/app and share that information in a report with the professor. That does involve some more work to audit the report, but helps prevent any honest mistakes for the student and keeps us out of Apple’s bad side.

Would that be sufficient for you all?

19. 9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Students do have access to their response history which is automatically updated. And, this will include whether they got each question correct or incorrect.

To get to the response history:
    - click the menu icon on the top right of the pollev.com/Username page
    - then select “Response history” in the menu
    - the students can see their complete response history and whether they were correct or incorrect.

This is more of a workaround than giving an actual “score” in a notification or something, which I believe is more what you have in mind. We do have some other presenters who want to never show the correct answers or scores to students. So, there is some extra complexity here as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! We’ll definitely look into what this might take

20. Customize default invitation email to be from institution, not name

We would like to be able to customize the invitation email to say the name of our school, not the name of the person sending the invite. We know there's a workaround of changing your name to be the name of the institution, but it would be nicer if there were a default that we could control as admins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We do offer the ability to customize the body of the invitation email. Just click the “I’d like to customize the invitation message” and our hope was that this would be enough to give context to anyone receiving the message.

I’m hesitant to add an option to override the name of the person sending the invite because we want to have a public audit trail of who on the account invited the new users. For example, an account that has multiple Administrators may want to have some trail of exactly who sent the invite and who to follow up with in case there are issues.

There’s other better ways we can do this, but I don’t want to overcomplicate the invitation process with more settings.

I will have our design team look into setting the invitation as coming from the Organization Name in a prominent place in the email. I…

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base