Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Make it Google compatible

I love that I can download poll questions to PowerPoint, but since I am usually replacing PowerPoints with Google Presentations, it would be great if there were a way to use Poll Everywhere with it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Maximize size

When I project the poll to my class it can be hard to read, is there a way to enlarge the print so the back of the room can see? Maybe having a maximize button to put only the poll up?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

This is currently possible. Hover over the chart with your mouse and in the upper right-hand corner you’ll see some controls pop up. One of which allows you to enable full-screen which will enlarge the poll.

3. Letting them choose multiple answers when they apply

For example, I am polling the class on who has what and I want them to check all that apply instead of having to do multiple polls where they check yes or no

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  4. Registered Participants Date Display

the dates displayed to show, for example, date of Last Login and date Participants were registered, do not show the year, only the day and month. It would be useful to show the full date on these pages, and also the date a poll was first created

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. texted information

It would be great if the actual information sent to the numeric contact (#####) were just a multiple choice selection like A,B,C,D or just the word of phrase instead of the numeric code in addition too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

That would be awesome! It’s possible by assigning each user their own text to number (like 22333). Most services like ours use the keyword model to avoid assigning shortcodes to each customer because they cost over $30k a year!

We do have a new keyword model called simple keywords we’re starting to test. You can try this out and turn it on for your account by going to www.polleverywhere.com/labs.

Also, using webvoting works exactly like you described as each user can reserve their own Pollev page (without a $30k price tag).

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Well, most people will use the system live with an audience or classroom and display polls (one at a time) on a projector or large display. There are other ways to distribute polls as well though.

Here’s a great video on the many ways to use Poll Everywhere with an audience or class: https://vimeo.com/50779999

7. Copying Groups of Polls

I'd like to copy or duplicate an entire group of polls (say for multiple sections of the same course without having to erase the data from section to section).

Thanks!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can clear a poll’s results and restart it at 0 (for use with another class or audience). The cleared results are not deleted rather they are archived into a timeline. You can access each “run” on a poll’s timeline after it’s been cleared from the response history view or by running a report. The reporting tools are accessible on any paid plan.

If you’re still sure you want to copy a bunch of polls at once, group them, then go here: http://www.polleverywhere.com/my/polls/copy_group

8. make viewing of longer answers easier

In my English classes we have to do A LOT of grammar work. The students get so bored with just using worksheets. I am trying to use your program to help liven it up, but I have to show complete sentences to practice punctuation. The only view that works well to show the whole sentence is the Summary Table. When I try to put the view into full screen so the students can see the sentence better laid out, the font size is almost too small for the details of punctuation.

I must say though, I found the website only…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Tony,

The best way to integrate our tool in this type of exercise would be to use a PowerPoint slideshow. That way you can structure your questions with complete sentences more easily and create your own instruction formatting for the poll. Then embed the poll chart on another slide to show the live results.

9. create a better spreadsheet of student answers

The spreadsheet should look like this:

Each student name should be on the left going down the rows.
    Each question should be runnin left to right in the columns

This will enable the teacher to view all of the students answers to each question (correct or incorrect) all at once, instead of looking up each individual student.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is the existing format for the List Report. To run the report select the applicable polls (or all of your polls) from the My Polls screen using the checkboxes. Then click the grey report button at the top. The resulting report will be exactly as you described. You can also download this report as a CSV for editing in a spreadsheet program like Excel.

10. Rich text editor for questions

We have math and english teachers who need to be able to enter equations, formulas, sentence diagrams, etc. in their questions.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide the poll responses until the responses are in

I'm a teacher and I use Polleverywhere at the start of class to review the material from the class the day before. This allows the kids who take a little longer to have a chance to think about the answer before answering. When the responses show up in real time, they can see the other answers which sways them as they are thinking it thru.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Great idea! We actually already have this implemented for Multiple Choice Questions.

Hover your mouse over the chart and you’ll see some controls pop-up in the upper right corner. Use the “Show Instructions” button to toggle between instructions view and the results.

12. Powerpoint templates

I have been using your Powerpoint templates. The problem is that I want everyone in my class to submit their answers before seeing how anyone else has voted. I suggest that in your Powerpoint templates you include a slide that just has the text, along with the slide that is the actual poll.

That way, I will include two slides in my presentation. One with the codes for students to vote. Then, after waiting a minute, I click to the next slide for the results.

Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. customize font

Please allow us to change the font size of the question so that the font of the choices is not so small.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Choosing more than one multiple choice answer

I need participants to choose more than one correct answer from a list of possible choices. How do I do this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

You can change this setting under a poll’s “edit” menu. You’ll see an edit link next to the poll title on your My Polls screen or in the upper right hand corner beneath the Stop button when viewing a poll’s chart.

Alternatively, you can alter this setting on multiple polls at once by using the “Edit Multiple” button at the top right of the My Polls screen.

Change the “responses” section to allow either unlimited or a set number of responses per participant.

15. Printable user manual

It would be nice to have a pdf version of the user manual to print and put into a three ring binder for easy reference.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  16. Editing a poll strips quotations from responses

I am creating polls that ask programming questions, so omitting quotation marks changes the meaning a great deal. When I create a poll using the popup dialog, it retains the leading and trailing quotes in my responses, but if I later edit the poll, the quotes are stripped and any attempt to re-add them is ignored. I am using Chrome 21.0.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please include the complete question (title) at the top of the downloaded CSV spreadsheet.

Right now part of the question is used as the sheet name in the CSV spreadhseet. It helps to have the whole question as an item in the spreadsheet.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Game Show Quiz Option?

I work with Elementary aged kids and I know that game show type questions really stir learning and competition. Is there a way to ask a question, see the reults like it's set up, then reveal the correct answer?

I know there are lots of creative ideas for live "poll" testing and even keep score??

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Anonymous Polling Option

I would like to be able to optionally designate a poll to be anonymous, where registered users will not be tracked.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This can currently be done by having participants reply from a web device without logging in… but we’re working on a better way.

20. Email it.

email the poll

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base