Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. auto-close polls

Sometimes we don't want everyone to see the results fly up on the screen until students have entered their response. There should be a setting where the poll automatically closes based on a certain variable.. perhaps when it has reached a certain number of responses or time after the first response.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  2. change-able awnsers

if you text again to the same poll it changes your awnser to the new one

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Our Change Answer feature is now available! Students may now click “Clear Responses” at the bottom of the page to change their original answer. And, if they are using text message – they may text Clear or Undo to the same number to change their response. Tell us what you think!

3. publish case studies

Explain how it has helped teachers with distance education.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Education  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to allow users to select existing open-ended entries

When collecting open-ended entries, allow users to instead select others' previously entered entries. This would be awesome for question-oriented polls during live presentations. Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Have a simple on/off login for presenter to turn off/on polls from smartphone.

Rather than have all of my polls on, I incorporate them into my powerpoint and then turn the poll/on or off. However, the turning on of a poll doesn't always automatically push the poll to users fast enough. I've found I've had to manually do it. Login on a web with a mobile device is cumbersome when your in a lecture hall full of people.

Additionally, I've found that I have to log into EACH poll to modify. If I've already logged in, this on/off login should work for all polls that I can designate to be on for the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
  6. No More Prezi Support

I’m sorry to report that we are dropping support for Prezi.

Prezi captivated presenters everywhere with its fresh zooming approach to presentations. Their vision: Your message can be expressed in a limitless expanse. We were such big fans! We evangelized. In 2010 we brought them in as guest speakers to the Presentation Summit — a PowerPoint lair.

Sadly, their technology and business decisions regarding other companies like ours are not as inspiring. (full article: http://blog.polleverywhere.com/goodbye-prezi/ )

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  7. multiple choice

I'm trying to follow you examples. I enter "question #78? a,b,c,d,e" to get a multiple choice answer selection but it doesn't show the way I need it to in the poll. I want it to look like:

a
    b
    c
    d
    e

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  8. Grading

As a teacher I would like to be able to see the students overall grade for a survey I send out. Currently, I can view their responses and the class performance on specific question, but I can see the students overall performance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hiding results

Give us an option for hiding the results of the poll. That way in class students won't be influenced by others who vote before them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Correct a spelling error

When creating a question, You display an example of what the question might be. "Whats your favorite color? Red, Blue, or Green"

Unfortuntately, you are missing an apostrophe in "What's".

Thanks for creating PollEverywhere.

Leigh Zeitz
    University of Northern Iowa

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  13. Poll type choice in the quick access

To create multiple choice I have to go the the actual website and create new poll as if it is my first poll. Odd. Can you make the choice available when simply using the dark bar that pops up on screen when merely activating the icon on the desktop?

es

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible! To format a question as multiple choice, enter it follwed by a question mark and then option choices separated by commas. Here’s an example:

What’s your favorite color? red, blue, green

Give it a try!

14. have students text in questions

allow students to text their teachers questions they dont want to say in class

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can you make it so pictures, images, equations and LaTeX can be added into the question?

I see that I can add pictures in for the responses. But, there isn't a way that I see where I can and and pictures into the question. Is it possible to do this?

104 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

A while back you asked if it was possible to insert an image into a question. Well….
    We just created a new feature to add images to poll questions! On any Multiple Choice Poll you can add an image along with the question. This will be on the Instructions View. To add the image you can do the following:

1. Open your multiple choice poll

2. Click on the visual settings icon. This is the grey button that looks like a paintbrush

3. Click on the Instructions tab within Visual Settings

4. And, click on the blue Choose button to add an image. That’s it!

17. Larger lecture class size

My class varies from about 580 in the fall semester and just less than 500 for the winter semester. Is there a price quote you can give me for this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Lisa,

The Individual Instructor Plan can be adjusted to accommodate you (no additional cost)! The default 400 response limit is in place to prevent abuse more than anything. Shoot me an email (steve@polleverywhere.com) if you’d like to learn more!

Steve

18. Allow for the use of superscripts and subscripts within the text.

Math and science teachers would appreciate the ability to type in subscripts and superscripts. The is beneficial for science when writing chemical formulae (i.e. Al2O3 where the numbers should be subscripts) or in mathematical functions (i.e. x^2 which is aiming to describe "x squared").

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. iPad

Make the website poll display fully iPad compatible. Buttons don't function, presumably due to flash?

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey everybody!

Better iPad support is on the way! Try accessing your polls from your iPad again and you’ll see our current progress towards full functionality.

Please let us know if you have any feedback!

20. Restrict responders on each poll in a survey through "multiple editing"

Restricting the responders to registered participants is great for individual polls, but when I put together a long survey of polls for a quiz (I'm a teacher), it takes forever to have to restrict each poll in that survey. Please add the option to restrict participants to registered participants in the "Edit multiple" option. Please.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 16 17

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base