Skip to content

Educators' Ideas

337 results found

1. Borrow ideas from Socrative

I'd love to have the features of Socrative - eg voting on suggested answers - but with the SMS voting of PollEverywhere.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  2. Add more multiple choice option on creation page

Allow the addition of more than 2 multiple choice answers on the creation page without having to save my poll and go to the edit page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is currently possible. Simply add the text into the new option box (third one down) and then click the “add” button.

3. Mailing List

I am a technology integration teacher and would like to be informed of changes to the site when they happen. I didn't see you on Twitter and can't find a way to sign up for a newsletter or e-mail.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Mike,

Make sure you don’t have us going to spam! If you’re the same mike with the email moberdick@sey … you’re actually already signed up! You can always follow updates on twitter (@polleverywhere) or our blog (blog.polleverywhere.com) as well.

Was there a particular change that surprised you?

Steve
    steve@polleverywhere.com

4. improve text editing

I need to use subscripts and superscripts. You can export to powerpoint - can you inport from powerpoint.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. have a "one-time unlimited" plan for university instructors.

Sometimes, we give a large talk once in a while, but not on a regular basis, such as at a conference, or event. It would be great if there were another option that could be used for 24 hours, instead of an entire semester.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I'd like to be able to change typefaces.

I'm a graphic design professor. I like your service, but the ability to customize is a bit limited. I'd like to be able to change typefaces, and type sizes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
  7. allow messaging also in Latvia, Europe

allow messaging also in Latvia, Europe

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow the question to have multiple lines (so parts can be on new lines)

When I type in a question and hit return it ends the questions. I would like to be able to put white space in the question.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. instructions on how to add a code

I am struggling to see how to add a code so that it can be used for voting via Twitter for example. Thank you for looking into this. Chrissi

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Chrissi,

The code used to vote with twitter is the same code you use to vote via text message.

To enable a poll to receive twitter responses simply click the check-box next to “tweets” under the “how people can respond” menu. THis menu is to the right of the chart when viewing an individual poll.

11. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  12. display polls in the report menu as they are set up in the poll section itself.

The order in which polls are displayed in the report menu has no discernible method which makes it cumbersome to find the specific polls on which I want to create a report. Could they not be grouped and ordered exactly the same way as in the poll screen itself?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Scott,

I’m marking this as completed because currently this is how the system does function. Your reports screen should display in the same order as your my polls screen (without group titles).

However, I looked into your account, and your reports list is certainly all over the place! I’ve logged this as a bug for engineering to look into, and we’ll email you directly when we know more / have it fixed!

13. Edit Multiple Polls

I'd like to be able to edit a group of polls.
    Moderate all, censor all, etc...

Rather than go edit each and every one separately.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes! Hover over the group title (it may say “new group”) and click the edit button. This will enable you to change the group name and session keyword (if on a plan that supports custom keywords). Simply click save after editing and you’re all set!

15. make all information to download in excel format

i would suggest all the polls to be able to download in excel format.
    i work in nyit. in order to copy names from the website to excel sheet for my reports i have to split screen and sometimes i misspell the name. so you dhould actually make it downloaded into excel sheet in order to make it handy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Monish,

That’s a great idea! In fact the system already works in this manner.

You can click the identify participants check-box in the upper right hand corner to display registered participant identities and then export to excel. Or, if you asked a poll to determine participant identities, just include that poll in the report.

16. enable font editing.

I cannot use subscripts and superscripts in my chemistry type poll questions.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. allow for starting polls and skipping to next from full-screen view

this way, in a teaching situation and beaming the poll, i don't have to skip back from full-screen just to start and skip to the next poll. unfortunately i do need to start the polls one after another since students are prone to vote before i've finished my introduction to the poll. if this is possible already, please notify me, i've missed it. thanks!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. increase the number of student responses posssible in free account

30 responses limits my use of this application. I only have tried to use everywhere poll twice, but both times, I found out I could not poll the entire class. I think at least 50 is needed, but 100 would be great. Seems like this would get more advertising out for you.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow to set poll options in general settings

I need to change the setting for each poll I create for "who can participate", "how people can participate" etc. It would be good if I could set my preferences in my settings.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →
  20. Pat yourselves on the back...this is so amazing

As a teacher and educational psychologist I can see so many ways that this will improve lessons and learning for kids...I have never looked forward to planning lessons so much before!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you Callum! We hope you continue to enjoy using Poll Everywhere in your lessons and please let us know if you have any suggestions.

Educators' Ideas

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base